Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rick's Hobby Farm 2011 Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am really only trying to add my point of view on the whole thing, so please take it for what it is. Opinion.

I myself have had allot of fun and have made some good friends at Rick's over the last 2 summers. That being said, there is always this giant cloud of negativity surrounding the place. It is like everyone it "on edge" about who's there, who's not there, who's doing this, who's doing that, etc.....

Towards the tail end of the year last year, I grew kind of tired of all the phone calls/texts/emails that would follow me going out to do a couple hours of practice from people wanting to know who was there, what was said, etc....... I just wanted to go run a couple of tanks to try a new setup on my car.

I think allot of the things going on are political, and I think the general population wants to stay out of things like that as I think most of us get enough of the negative/political/gossip crap at work and and with family.

I'm sure this will offend some people, but it is what I feel is hurting the track and the club from growing.

I mean, there seems to be an allot of critics who of which don't go out there anymore and don't have any real interest in if Rick's efforts are a success or not. To me, if your only intent is to knock people's efforts down and not help the people out, then move on. These are good people trying their best.

On the other hand, and remember, this is my opinion, there have been allot of people who have showed up only once or twice and don't return because of they way they were treated or talked to by other people at the track.

Me personally, I haven't been to Rick's much at all this year due to a lack of time. I now work on the West side of the cites (and live in White Bear), so after a hour long commute home I am not in a big hurry to get back in the car and head east.

I hope this comes across as a useful perspective, because I do have respect for all that are involved, but these things listed above are the comments I hear when people talk about the track at Rick's, and I am hoping by bringing them into the light a little that it may help change things for the better.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

There is a reason noone goes to help or race, Rick's is great and could actualy be a great location for racing. Now the Group running the place is a different story, if you have paid any attention to what is in this thread alone, I think we no why they are in the boat they are in. I personally tried to be involved, but prior to their meeting I let them know that the way they do thing would not be acceptable if I was to be involved. I was fine waiting for the track to open, but when they staret blaming me for their failure is where I draw the line. If you guys actually think I am controlling all the racer in town from coming out there you are on the pot. To Johns point earlier, I have done more than enough, our group essentialy went out and ran a full on race nght and even though it was only a few, we did it. And besides you Nitro Series that Jerry arranged you, our group raised the rest of your money. I know it was only a few hundered, but you guys said you had no money and did not know how to get any raised I did it for you with a group that bassically gave you a few hundred bucks, and not one of your sorry Group guys even showed up the last Sunday, weak. And Brian noone wants to drive you guys away, just do what you say you are gonne and quit crying about it. On the other hand if you guys admitted to Rick like you have many others that you have really no interest in it but don't want anyone else in there to actually do something, then ther may be racing at Ricks. You figure that you have 2-3 5min quals. and one 10-20min main you better enjoy the company you with and should be made to feel welcome for the rest of the 7 HOURS on any given race day.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Some of us have lives Zach and we can't spend 24/7 on the forums. You are such an expert why don't you talk to Rick about running it for him. blah blah blah, I am done with you Zach. You try to act like your an upstanding guy but its obvious that you have an ajenda. Last year when you told me Rick needed to get rid of the three of us and have you run the track told me that. Then your comment recently sooo that leaves Brandon... Like I said, talk to Rick and don't talk to me anymore.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Default well, since you brought it up

Yes I did and I would stand by that comment til the day I die. Again, here is a buitiful day, and no track to go hang at...oh wait I think I have a plane in the closet
Old 07-09-2011, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Old 07-09-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Addict

Default that's funny

Very Nice.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Is the track open

I was unable to make it out there Saturday.We had some rain this morning,so I was wandering if it's ready.If not is there plans to work on it today.I have the green light,and would be more than willing to help.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Looking for some info on the July 30th club race.
Heats start when?
2 heats or 3? (I suppose it depends on how many classes there are?)
Cost?
Old 07-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Tech Rookie

From Rick's Hobby Farm forum:

$15 for 1st Class and $10 each additional Class
•Registration 10:00 am to 10:45 am
•Practice from 10:00 am to 10:45 am
Race Begins at 11:00 am with quick meeting before

Not sure about the heats. They just got an AMB system and a fresh track so that will be nice.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:29 PM
N8
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I took some laps tonight. The track is in great shape and the new layout is a lot of fun. I'll be racing buggy and truggy this Saturday. I'm hoping for good weather and a nice turnout.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Default photos

I wish some one would post some pics of the new track my car is down I cant get out there right now thanks
Old 07-30-2011, 07:34 PM
N8
Tech Adept

Great racing today guys. We even had some spectators trek over from Minneapolis. Thanks race crew, keep up the great work.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Tech Rookie

I raced truggy there today. It was fun. Thanks to Brian for figuring out and running the new lap counter and printer--worked great. Thanks to Brandon for getting the PA speakers on the driver stand working. Thanks to the wind and light rain too, which made the heat and humidity bearable today. I believe the track was watered three times, twice with the pump and once by mother nature.

This track is very friendly to all types of vehicles, including 1/10th scale buggies and short course trucks. I was really impressed with how well they ran today.

Last edited by pmcderm993; 07-31-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:49 PM
N8
Tech Adept

Round 2 of 5 is this Saturday at Rick's, 8/13. Practice starts at 10am and racing starts at 11am.
1/8 Nitro Buggy
1/8 Nitro Truggy
1/10 SCT open
1/10 Open electric
Old 08-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Racing grubby tomorrow

I'll be there racing truggy again.

I'll have a spare transponder for someone, if they need one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.