Wiki Posts
Search

Rick's Hobby Farm 2011 Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Originally Posted by banner73
Instead of sitting at home and playing keyboard cowboy, please stop bashing the place on this and other forums and show up to help or find another track which is open all day 7 days a week and free of charge to use. Thank you
I only asked about the track issues because it was 3-4 days before the first club race of the season, and the track looked like it hadn't been touched since last fall. I don't think anyone was expecting "major work" to be done...a few jumps needed resurfacing, and a few tubes put back into place. Had the water been working last Tuesday night, we would have fixed some of the jumps ourselves (that dirt is not easy to work with when it's dry).

I know for a fact that Zach was out there numerous times last summer working on the track, supply his own generator for lights, etc, so I don't think the "keyboard cowboy" statement is a fair comment. Zach and I also organized and ran several races out there last year, a couple of them with pretty good turnouts, and every penny of the race fees collected went into that donation box.

I think we've done our fair share to promote and support the track.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Ahhh, more reasons to go play golf...

Old 05-31-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Talking duh

You know it's funny if Banner had any real involvement or a clue what that place looks like right now I think he would have not posted that. I was out like I said yesterday to check out the work that had been done so that all of the people who keep asking us (you know who you are) what the track looks like and the area etc. I was out yesterday and out of respect for the people who run that place I did not post the the pics I took. I was asking for pics of the place because we are told one thing and show up to another. I have had to be very honest with Brian and the state of Rick's in the eyes of the rc rcaing community. We will see if they get in the game. I find it very interesting that not enough people showed up, there were about 15 people (with two/three cars to race each) that were intersted in going out but after hearing from a trusted source (again you know who you are) that it was not ready and cerianly not anyplace to be having kids dropped off. Instead that whole group went elsewhere probably a little further away and not even racing. Anyway, off my soapbox and on to cleaning the jusk for next weekend racing options.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am not sure what you are talking about with Kids being dropped off Zach? Can you tell me what you mean about that? Thanks
Old 05-31-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Addict

Default pm sent

Brian I sent you a PM, we have some racers that are too young to drive so they either have to get a ride or be dropped off.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Zach we are so sorry that we let YOU down, we know that YOU put YOUR heart and soul in to the track this year (and at least an hour last year) and we just couldn't meet YOUR demands, i know that even though we have had rain almost every weekend, YOU still need water. we really want to make YOU happy but just can't, on saturday after the muddy spots dried up the track was very good but i realize YOUR car has special needs, again we are so sorry that a FREE racetrack isn't good enough for YOU. IT TAKES A VERY SPECIAL PERSON TO BITCH ABOUT A FREE TRACK, THIS GUY IS IT, W.T.F?????
Old 05-31-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

Default Yep,

Old 06-01-2011, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

This thread is just silly
Old 06-01-2011, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joezjr
This thread is just silly
Agreed Joe.

My questions about the condition of the track were only in regards to the upcoming club race, when running at Rick's is NOT free. I understand that on non-club race days, the track is what it is, and I'd never question it.

But, if you're gonna ask me to pay $15 a class to come out and run at what is normally a "free track", is it really too much to ask if some simple track maintenance is going to be done ahead of time?
Old 06-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

Default o my god

Joe, I completely agree with you...you to John.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

I will not say anything to offend anybody. All I know is last Saturday the track was drivable for my OFF-ROAD buggy and my driving sucks. The racing fees were to raise money for a mylaps system which everyone has been asking for in the first place. The fees were $15 for the first class and $10 each additional class. Obviously if people had a problem with these figures, we would have looked into it. A system is $4600 and it’s not going to appear out of thin air. I am a very easy going person and am tired of the drama on these forums. If it was used to get information out there like it was intended, it would be great. Unfortunately people feel they can hide behind their keyboards.

Last year we had one organized race at Rick's so I took on the large task of having 8 scheduled races because I heard people wanted it. Instead of trying to help with suggestions and feedback, people just want to criticize.

Can't we all just get along. I am in the hobby to have fun and relax.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

I personally don't have time in my schedule to help with any sort of track maintenance anywhere, so I would much rather pay someone else to do it and just show up and race.

My family is new to the R/C racing scene, and free or paid, we appreciate the people behind the scenes that make this hobby possible for us.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Nicely put Miller
Old 06-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Sunday

Is anyone planning to be at the track on Sunday afternoon?
Old 06-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Tom, there was five of us out there today. One guy might make it tomorrow, others will probably be there. We got quite a bit of work done around there and are gearing up for June 18 when we have a bobcat coming. Hope to see some people coming out to run a few shovels.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.