Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rick's Hobby Farm 2011 Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks FLH, I think people will be pleased with the progress we make this year. I totally agree, Rick is first rate. How many people will spend their own money to give people a place to go. Not many free tracks out there. Like Zach said, we are free on non-race days. We are just trying to make a little money so we can get with the rest of the tracks and have an AMB system. Unfortunately used systems are not around and a new one is around $3200. I feel good about Rick's Hobby Farm getting one in the future. There are other ways to hold races but it sure helps tuning and confidence when you can see your track times get better.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

AMB is a plus. I done the tick marks years ago at a another track. I do have the other transponder that you guys do run there. Didn't make it there last yr. I do hope this track takes off as it is closer for me to run at. And like FLHX1550 said Rick is a nice guy.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah Hellfire, Rick is a great guy. I think the track will take off. As soon as we can raise the money, we do plan on getting the AMB system. Our Robitronic system does ok if you have the transponder set up right but the AMB is the best way to go. Trouble is there are NO used systems out there and a new system was quoted at about $3200. I hope to see you there. If you have any questions you can e-mail me at [email protected]. Anybody for that matter. The site will answer a lot of them.

I know talking to some of the guys, they are starting to get the itch, lol.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wheelieman
I know talking to some of the guys, they are starting to get the itch, lol.
Well if you got the ich, they will be racing in March at the dome.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

ok, thanks FLH. I am working on set up right now. If anybody knows any tricks for Losi 8ights, both the 1 and 2.0, I would love to pcik your brain. I think I am sold on Smart DIff for the center diff. Everybody I talk to say it helps a great deal. Just hate the $80 price tag But whats money.. No, I mean what is it! lol
Old 01-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Well, all I can say to that is I don't think Kendall runs one, and most cars get by without one.

I think they are a good idea, but I think you can get a car to work as good as a car with one, but it just takes more setup on the car without.

Try to get in touch with Kendall, Im sure he would be glad to give some insight.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

ok, thanks, I will try that. I know he is a really nice guy. I am sure he is busy during the season but might have time now to give me a few pointers. I looked at the pros on losi's site but they have set ups for other tracks and I think the tracks in this area are a lot different. I think I will put the smart diff on the back burner for now.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

ok, thanks, I will try that. I know he is a really nice guy. I am sure he is busy during the season but might have time now to give me a few pointers. I looked at the pros on losi's site but they have set ups for other tracks and I think the tracks in this area are a lot different. I think I will put the smart diff on the back burner for now.
Yea, the typical track around here has allot less grip than those out west, and in comparison, Rick's is even lower than that.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah, what seems to work at RIck's is the combination of City Blocks and I-Beams for AKA or I know Brandon likes Eclipse and Crime Fighters I think. I am still learning a lot about set-up and know for me, I just need driving time. Tires and all the other stuff will help me, but seat time so to speak is more inportant to me. To give you an example. I use about a gallon and a half in a season, maybe two. A lot of the guys use about 6 in a season. So just in that one season, they get 3 times the time I do. And they are better then me! Go figure And for a better EXCUSE, last season I had a bum finger so I had to use a different one for my gas. Its my excuse and I am sticking to it. haha
Old 02-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

Posting for the upcoming race season:

Open Class for Driver and Vehicle Status

1/8 Buggy Class
1/8 Truggy Class
Short Course Truck

Other Classes will be looked at based on feedback and forum interest
Old 02-10-2011, 07:28 AM
N8
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey guys. I have been out of RC for years and I'm getting back in. I've decided to start with 1/8 nitro buggies. I just bought a MBX6 roller and now I'm starting to get it RTR.

I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know I will be helping out at Rick's with the track and hopefully practicing alot. See you out there...I also fly planes. Man was I happy to discover Rick's Hobby Farm.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

Sounds Great N8, we look forward to having you there. If you have any questions RC Tech is a good place to ask them and there is usually someone around on weekends in the summer at Rick's.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Initiate

I think I was so busy looking for a track to race 1/8th nitro in Minnesota, that I missed this one. Its funny because Rick's is closer to my place (Roseville), than the other places that race on a regular basis in the Summer (LSRCC in duluth and Full Throttle in Foley). I have never raced an R/C car in my life, though I have owned many. I have an RC8 right now, and have bashed that around for the last few years. I am going to be buying and putting together my first kit, the Losi 8ight 2.0 kit that will be coming out in March. I always wanted to build a kit from the ground up. So I hope to make it out for some races at Rick's.

Any tire recommendations? Crimefighters, Bowties, etc...?
Old 02-11-2011, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

well I know crime fighters and eclipse combination or aka city block and ibeam works well. Most are running medium compound
Old 02-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Initiate

well I know crime fighters and eclipse combination or aka city block and ibeam works well. Most are running medium compound
Will AKA tires work on Losi rims? The kit I am getting comes with two sets of Losi wheels.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.