Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree254Likes

Roche Rapide F1 Evo

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aracefan
You can order it from Genesis in MN. They have 3 in stock.

Roche Evo F1
Available on backorder.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I really like this red color. Could you tell me which brand and color number? Thx.

Originally Posted by simple
This chassis is my new favorite, I can't wait to stretch its legs.....

Old 01-15-2019, 04:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thank you;
It is actually two tone fade but the picture doesn't do it justice...I trimmed it in with black. Then the pods and sides of the body were coated with Tamiya PS-37 Translucent Red, backed with PS-41 Bright Silver. Lastly the airbox and top of the nose along its length were finished with PS-34 Bright Red, backed with PS-1 White. Really makes the color pop.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ran in the state race with it yesterday and the car was on point. Had some electrical gremlins in the first two qualifiers and was sitting 7th in a field of 15 fast F1 cars. Found the sensor wire was the problem and in the last qualifier put it 4th for the a main. Good start and got the lead with about 2 minutes left and got taken out by a back marker but still brought it home in second. Now to get ready for the snowbirds. Really love this car.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dman18t
I was set to order a USA spec F1 Evo but they are never in-stock. What's the deal Roche USA? ETA of when we can actually expect to get these kits?
Still on backorder, as much as I really like this car I don't think I can wait much longer. Speaks poorly on this brand's ability to meet demand. My local HS has it ordered but there is no guarantee that I will see it anytime soon or even at all if there are more orders than kits shipped. Kind of really bumming me out if I end up with an inferior car (F6) only because it's available when the one I actually want can't be had. Order double Roche USA!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2019, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dman18t
Available on backorder.
When I posted that on the 5th of January, they had 3 USA spec kits and 2 regular kits (carbon fiber chassis). . . And yes, there is something going on dman, I want to order the 1/12th scale that has been out of stock for awhile now - I haven't even checked in a while.

I have 3 F6's, 1 with CF chassis and two with an aluminum. Not sure I agree with your assumption that it is an inferior car. Last "larger" race I went to the top 3 were Xray, Xray, F6. The two Roches in the Amain were me and another guy. He finished 4th, me 8th (my first race with the car). Another F6 finished 5th. The main thing about a new F1 is if you're running on the CRC carpet with Med High-High bite you'll want an aluminum chassis. Honestly, I would probably opt for the X1 2019 at this point. Great car, durable, parts and kits are available (on Amain right now), plus they have two versions of aluminum chassis'.

The Roche aluminum chassis is beautiful, but it is very tight to get electronics on it... It's a great car, but I, personally, believe that all the current crop of F1's are good cars. Heck, I have a VBC Lightning FX that is still very competitive. Anyway, good luck and have fun with whichever car you do end up with - it's all about the racing, not necessarily the winning.
Raman, Tim Neja and shadowracer24 like this.

Last edited by aracefan; 01-15-2019 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Barry just pickled up my VBC F-1 car--- you're going to love this addition to your fleet!! The car is very fast and smooth. Enjoy it---but I've fallen in LOVE with my Roche cars. So that's why the VBC was expendable --- it makes it easier for me to stock parts for identical cars too!! F-1 is BIG FUN especially with the new UF-1 Series running out here in SoCal thanks to Tony Phelan!!
aracefan likes this.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

F6 is very popular at our track and our top two drivers that used to run Exotek F1R3 Tamiya conversions recently switched over as well. They’re both running the F6 with the Exotek adjustable front camber. Anyhow they’re untouchable with F6... albeit they’re untouchable with anything lol.

I inherited my Roche from them actually.. they both used to run it.

Im pretty sure I’m the only one running Roche.. there was one other guy but he doesn’t have patience and buys a flips cars constantly.

I still find my Roche very competitive.. It was running great on Sunday.. I’m just out of practice. All was well until I traction rolled and the kid that flipped it over for me lost his footing tripped over my car and ended up damaging the rear wing brace and plate. LOL I didn’t make a fuss as it was an accident.. that CRC black carpet has a lot of grip

eR1c likes this.

Last edited by Raman; 01-16-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hard to understand the short supply of kits and parts for this car, high demand or low production?
Fortunately I haven't needed replacement parts often, real pain in the ass when I have needed something tho.
If they or someone would post a list of go to places in order to start searching for stuff that would be awesome
Raman likes this.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

RocheRC USA
Roche Products International
https://www.tonisport.de/spare-parts...rapide-f1-evo/

I look in that order, usually ends up tonisport has it
Old 01-16-2019, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Neja
Barry just pickled up my VBC F-1 car--- you're going to love this addition to your fleet!! The car is very fast and smooth. Enjoy it---but I've fallen in LOVE with my Roche cars. So that's why the VBC was expendable --- it makes it easier for me to stock parts for identical cars too!! F-1 is BIG FUN especially with the new UF-1 Series running out here in SoCal thanks to Tony Phelan!!
I hear'ya Tim, I really dig the Roche car as well. I just bought a carpet track that I used to have to travel to (little over 3 1/2 hours away) but now, hopefully, in a couple of months we'll have a place in town to run on-road. I asked the owner of VBC to produce an aluminum chassis for the FX18, or at least one for me (hahaha) and he said he would look into doing some, they are in the process of relocating their warehouse in Japan, so it may take awhile. I ordered another FX18 kit to have one to build as well.

And just to reiterate, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the cars - they can all be made fast. My driving/dedication/time to allot is what is holding me back. There's almost always someone faster, doesn't matter what car they are driving, that's why it's all about the racing for me. I don't care who wins (except during the race) as I just want to race and have fun. I will say though, my Roche Evo is the prettiest of the bunch (with my TRF101 and F6 very close behind it).
Old 01-16-2019, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aracefan
When I posted that on the 5th of January, they had 3 USA spec kits and 2 regular kits (carbon fiber chassis). . . And yes, there is something going on dman, I want to order the 1/12th scale that has been out of stock for awhile now - I haven't even checked in a while.

I have 3 F6's, 1 with CF chassis and two with an aluminum. Not sure I agree with your assumption that it is an inferior car. Last "larger" race I went to the top 3 were Xray, Xray, F6. The two Roches in the Amain were me and another guy. He finished 4th, me 8th (my first race with the car). Another F6 finished 5th. The main thing about a new F1 is if you're running on the CRC carpet with Med High-High bite you'll want an aluminum chassis. Honestly, I would probably opt for the X1 2019 at this point. Great car, durable, parts and kits are available (on Amain right now), plus they have two versions of aluminum chassis'.

The Roche aluminum chassis is beautiful, but it is very tight to get electronics on it... It's a great car, but I, personally, believe that all the current crop of F1's are good cars. Heck, I have a VBC Lightning FX that is still very competitive. Anyway, good luck and have fun with whichever car you do end up with - it's all about the racing, not necessarily the winning.
The reason I say the F6 is "inferior", is cus it's 30% more $ and doesn't come with an aluminum chassis. Also the chassis is wide and will scrub the carpet easier. F6 is a good car, no less performance but the Roche has more in common with x-ray (benchmark) and way less cost.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Grip works RC or Hyper hobbies in Canada usually have stock but even they are out of Roche right now.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

With the low stock could there be a 2019 car about to be released?

Has anyone heard anything?
Old 01-16-2019, 02:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

No new 2019 car, is what I heard, rumor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.