Search
Like Tree45Likes

2018 MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS - 5280 Raceway - April 19-22 2018

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
What rear tire compound were you using? And were you using a locked diff?
I was using a spool in both the 17.5 and Mod car, both would do a perfect pirouette if I turned hard into that corner. Spec rears, JFT Greens, JFT Blue, Ulti X, on or off power didn't seem to matter, it was very strange. I had to modify the line I took in that corner just to be sure to get around the track. I think it was a low spot, where the car dipped down and was airborne as it got past the corner, letting it start the rotation if I was steering, because if I was going straight it didn't matter how much power I was using as the car would track straight. I probably spun out 30 times in that one corner.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesertRat
I was using a spool in both the 17.5 and Mod car, both would do a perfect pirouette if I turned hard into that corner. Spec rears, JFT Greens, JFT Blue, Ulti X, on or off power didn't seem to matter, it was very strange. I had to modify the line I took in that corner just to be sure to get around the track. I think it was a low spot, where the car dipped down and was airborne as it got past the corner, letting it start the rotation if I was steering, because if I was going straight it didn't matter how much power I was using as the car would track straight. I probably spun out 30 times in that one corner.
Sounds like your car was too stiff on side and/or center spring
Spools need a softer setup
Jack Kloeber likes this.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Great event you guys! Way to take a risk on the format. I don't think you could have designed a better way to have run qual points and triples. I was a little exhausted, but hey, it was fun. Really sorry to hear that Paul has left us at such a young age. He was the kind of guy that just seemed to really enjoy racing and the pit chat no matter how he was doing. He'll be missed. And of course, it wouldn't be MHIC without a little snow! The Euro Truck motor raffle was brilliant. Wonder if there is a future pattern for other classes that could be learned from that action??? Art- thanks for doing a motor tech. Tech table- thanks to guys running the table and donating your weekend; you were awesome and consistent. Barry- you were entertaining and hardcore at the same time, nobody got picked on more the Hanulec. MHIC Crew- take a bow, great job.

Now it's time to go fishing....

Brian
Old 04-25-2018, 10:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Many thanks

Thanks to all who made long journeys to our race. Lots of hours and lots of racing, what could be better? I want to recognize the Magic City crew from Billings. These guys are first class all the way. Justin Hengelfelt noticed my son Sammy fighting his 13.5 1/12 as it pushed like a dump truck. Justin helped Sam dial in the setup AND gave him a perfectly cut and glued set of tires and what a difference. Sam’s car looked amazing in the B main (sorry Cheng!!).
JP Poulson blew me away. For those not there, or those racers that missed it, JP won a CRC 1/12 in our raffle. There were two young men that raced alone in the stock 1/12 C main and JP donated the CRC kit to the 2nd place finisher!!! What a class act.
Cant wait till next year...
Old 04-26-2018, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Just wanted to say I had a great time again as usual. The MHIC crew ran a great race, thanks for the fun. Next year, hopefully i won't get the flu, lol. Even though I was sick i was still able to get 2 of the 3 classes into the show. With the way I felt, I was happy with that. Already looking forward to next year.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Those that attended MHIC this year, please take a few minutes to give us feedback using this survey link. Thank you.
https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/w3B0IE
Old 04-29-2018, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Had a great time at my first MHIC! Came equipped with at least one replacement of everything, but ended up braking multiples of things I've never broken in my life. Huge thanks to Kevin Hebert for helping me out so I could make my main! Also a huge thanks to Donny Lia for helping me resolve some of my handling issues!

Will definitely try to attend again next year!

James B.
syndr0me likes this.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thank you everyone for your feedback in this forum. We have some additional items we'd like your comments on for next year. If you have not taken a chance to run through our survey, it only takes about 2 min, please do so this week. Everyone at 5280 Raceway thanks you for your support.

https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/w3B0IE