Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree759Likes

Mugen MTC1

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2018, 09:34 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Mugen MTC1
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: liljohn1064
Mugen MTC1 Wiki:

MTC1 Manual on the Mugen Web Site.

Correction for the manual

The max/min tooth count of the spur and pinion combined.

64p = 127 to 164 total teeth

48p = 95 to 120 total teeth

People who have spare spur gears left over from other cars which they wish to use but can only utilize 2 of the 4 mounting holes, here's neat trick from MKAH to drill 2 more holes precisely in the spur gear:

1.Dismantle the Spur Holder and mount XRAY Spur with two screws.

2.If you have take a 3mm Top Setting Screw

3.Get the Top Screw in the first free thread to the Spur Holder from the other side until it touches the Spur a litle bit.
Make the same with the second free Thread.

4.Dismantle Top set Srew an the two screws witch holds the Spur on the Holder.
Now you see two marks absolutely central.

5. Take an 3mm Driller an Drill the holes at the marked places

6.Mount the Spur with the two old and two new holes on the Spur.

Spur Gears known to fit the gear holder with the correct hole pattern

1. Axon
2. Panaracer

Upper front arm hinge pin set screw tip (or any of the kit set screws):

When installing the set screw run the set screw in until you can see it come into the hinge pin gap. Back the screw out and make sure there is no flashing in the way and then the screw. Now slide the pin in and you should hit the pin and come to a dead stop. It will be a solid feel and not sloppy like it will not tighten which is caused by any loose plastic.

Hara's Setup

Robert Pietsch's Latest Carpet Setup

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

After an intense year of testing and racing, Mugen Seiki is excited to announce information about the MTC1 performance conversion kit. All the new parts were used at the Reedy Race of Champions EU, where all 3 prototypes MTC1’s ended up in top 10 of the modified class. The prototype MTC1 was able to log some of the fastest lap times of the entire event!

Testing with the prototype MTC1 on asphalt has also shown great results. Most testing was been done by pro drivers, but we also did testing with hobby customers and the testing displayed great results for drivers of all levels.

The kit includes following parts:
1. New upper deck with pitch control rod. Mugen Seiki’s new pitch control rod system prevents the chassis from bending over the maximum length, as it is fixed from the motor mount to the upper deck. Furthermore the flex of the chassis is not affected from the rod. It improves the acceleration significantly especially on carpet or high grip conditions.
2. New C-Hub front suspension. After intense testing we found out that the C-Hub suspension system, in combination with a different wheel axle position, is much easier to drive then the original design.
3. New shock/differential O-Rings: The new softer O-Rings providing less friction and both shocks and differential are working more smooth. This makes the car easier to drive especially on bumpy tracks or tracks with curbs or dots.
4. New differential gears. The new material of differential gears provides increased durability and smoother operation. This will also allow you to do more running between rebuilds.
5. Aluminium spool outdrives. The aluminium outdrives increase the durability of the outdrives. Simply change the composite blades from time to time for increased durability.
All in all, the MTC1 performance kit improves the car durability and performance significantly, and makes the MTC1 highly competitive in the electric touring car class for drivers of all levels.

Carpet and Asphalt set-up can be found here: Mugen Seiki Home (English)
Joe Maxey likes this.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:55 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not really impressed with this "conversion" kit or the name "performance" as ALL it does is change the front to C hub and update the top deck. The rest of the "upgrades" are basically fixes of their mistakes.

They already have fixes for rear diff with the softer orings and new harder gears. They already have optional steel and aluminum front drives. People who care about performance should already bought those parts. They should of released the front hub and top deck the same way, as optional parts, and released an updated kit. Maybe call it MTC1 2019 with all their fixes and upgrade parts.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default GRAY CARPET SETUP

Here's a look at my non black carpet setup. Worked really well in the competitive USGT class.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
209 SETUP.pdf (4.23 MB, 172 views)
Old 11-23-2018, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

This looks important!
http://www.mugenseiki.com/images/mtc...l%20manual.pdf
Old 11-24-2018, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Here's a look at my non black carpet setup. Worked really well in the competitive USGT class.
blank for me
Old 11-24-2018, 01:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by performula

blank for me
It shows blank on my phone but comes up on my home computer. Not sure why. I'll try and get to the bottom of this.

Old 11-24-2018, 04:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by STLNLST
It shows blank on my phone but comes up on my home computer. Not sure why. I'll try and get to the bottom of this.
what do you suggest for black carpet? I hear this is a great asphalt car (Mugen duh) but no one uses it around here. It’s really between this and an Xray but I love Mugen cars.
Old 11-24-2018, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

what do you suggest for black carpet? I hear this is a great asphalt car (Mugen duh) but no one uses it around here. It’s really between this and an Xray but I love Mugen cars.
i have never run on black carpet so I have no idea how it would work. The nearest black carpet track IMO is barely big enough for 12th scale so I haven’t felt the need to run sedan on it.

performula likes this.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

blank for me

depending on the type of device or operating system you're using,
youll need to "open" it using Adobe reader or some other kind of PDF file reader, other wise it'll just be blank
Old 12-03-2018, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

MTC1 Performance Conversion Set
Old 12-03-2018, 03:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

While I appreciate that Mugen have released a conversion kit... considering most will already have half of whats in this conversion kit, its not exactly cheap to get some C-hubs, turnbuckles, few alloy bits and a top deck. For me its roughly $160(aud) + post. Wonder if the Items will be sold separately?
Old 12-03-2018, 06:00 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Same here, all I really need is the front C hub conversion and the top deck, Ive already bought the rest of the upgrades separately.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by disaster999
Same here, all I really need is the front C hub conversion and the top deck, Ive already bought the rest of the upgrades separately.
exactly.....people that have had the car for a while have hopped it up already. I’m going to just get rid of mine after my next race as I’m going in a different direction for 2019. Hope Mugen shows more support for a great car.

Marcos.J likes this.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Default C-Hub Front End Parts List

The parts are sold separately. I was curious if someone could give us a list of the part numbers needed to only do the c-hub conversion. That’s all I need as well.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Botlebruiser
The parts are sold separately. I was curious if someone could give us a list of the part numbers needed to only do the c-hub conversion. That’s all I need as well.
Easy;
1x A2141L - Left C-Hub
1x A2141R - Right C-hub
1x A2143 - C-Hub Bushing
2x A2102 - Rear Alum bulkhead
2x A2121 - Rear Camberlink Mount
1x A2806 - Alum Turnbuckle (28mm)
1x A2810 - Ball link set
1x T2803 - Uniball
1x A2304 - Steering Stopper collar (recommended to use the 5.5 or 6mm)

Also need the following hardware;
For bulkheads camberlink mounts;
4x M3x10 Countersink screw + 4x 2mm shim (for mounting camberlink mount to bulkhead, as per the rear)
2x M3x8 Set screw (for attaching camberlink ball)

For C-Hub
2x M3x8 Button head (lower kingpin)
2x M3x12 set screw (upper kingpin)

And then add other shims for settings as required.

HiH
Ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.