Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree759Likes

Mugen MTC1

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2018, 09:34 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Mugen MTC1
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: liljohn1064
Mugen MTC1 Wiki:

MTC1 Manual on the Mugen Web Site.

Correction for the manual

The max/min tooth count of the spur and pinion combined.

64p = 127 to 164 total teeth

48p = 95 to 120 total teeth

People who have spare spur gears left over from other cars which they wish to use but can only utilize 2 of the 4 mounting holes, here's neat trick from MKAH to drill 2 more holes precisely in the spur gear:

1.Dismantle the Spur Holder and mount XRAY Spur with two screws.

2.If you have take a 3mm Top Setting Screw

3.Get the Top Screw in the first free thread to the Spur Holder from the other side until it touches the Spur a litle bit.
Make the same with the second free Thread.

4.Dismantle Top set Srew an the two screws witch holds the Spur on the Holder.
Now you see two marks absolutely central.

5. Take an 3mm Driller an Drill the holes at the marked places

6.Mount the Spur with the two old and two new holes on the Spur.

Spur Gears known to fit the gear holder with the correct hole pattern

1. Axon
2. Panaracer

Upper front arm hinge pin set screw tip (or any of the kit set screws):

When installing the set screw run the set screw in until you can see it come into the hinge pin gap. Back the screw out and make sure there is no flashing in the way and then the screw. Now slide the pin in and you should hit the pin and come to a dead stop. It will be a solid feel and not sloppy like it will not tighten which is caused by any loose plastic.

Hara's Setup

Robert Pietsch's Latest Carpet Setup

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gigaplex
In my area, Xray drivers are switching to Awesomatix in droves (especially for the 13.5 class). From memory the last big race I saw 8 Awesomatix, 1 Associated and 1 Tamiya in the A main.
Australia is an insignificant market at best, but interesting story anyway.

Did those people buy the Awesomatix new, or s/h?
Old 08-23-2017, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof
I do believe a shorter shock can make a difference in feeling but not because the lower CG. Xray did make the mistake on the RX8 I believe the 2013 model which did not help to make the car better so new longers shocks were designed for the next year model
In the 1/8 onroad racing we do see more and more lower CG placed cooling heads giving temperature issues so from time to time you see drivers replacing the head by a normal higher version w/o needing to change the setup because the higer CG. And then we are talking about a 10 gram high in the sky and not a 5 gram already arround roll center.

But I trully believe most of these yearly changes and all the technical bullsh*t stories are not to make the car better for more than 90% of the drivers who can not make an advantage out of it but more to give a reason to them to buy the new car anyway.

Mugen on the other hand dares to do 3 years with a car with only some options in that period. And if possible the next car is based on the same platform so only an upgrade kit is needed.
Interesting observation. 10 grams in a 2500gram car however is not the same as 5 in 1300 (hehehe!).

But I agree with you. Not only that yearly updates are snake oil, but sometimes they are just dead wrong and the cars are total dogs as you and others have demonstrated.

Well, you have to keep the fanboys paying.

Last edited by niznai; 08-23-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Australia is an insignificant market at best, but interesting story anyway.

Did those people buy the Awesomatix new, or s/h?
I don't know for sure, but those guys tend to buy new. Ryan Maker, our local fast guy beat Ronald Volker at the Aussie Nats last year using an Awesomatix, which probably helped spur the migration.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I don't know for sure, but those guys tend to buy new. Ryan Maker, our local fast guy beat Ronald Volker at the Aussie Nats last year using an Awesomatix, which probably helped spur the migration.
Did he win outright from the beginning or did something happen on the faster guys?
Old 08-23-2017, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

Originally Posted by snuvet75
Did he win outright from the beginning or did something happen on the faster guys?
Here's the video https://youtu.be/9wuZ2X9w_iw
Old 08-23-2017, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Oh, okay, so just a fad. Like I said, no Xray competitor in the market share stakes.

But the race doesn't show the Awesomatix as faster. In fact Volker is faster, he just couldn't get past Ryan (you can see his frustration). The Awesomatix has more take off, but that's not the car, it's the speedy/motor. Would be interesting to know why Volker didn't qualify on pole.

Good driving from both nonetheless.

What track is that? Looks tiny.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

That track looks beautiful to me! Maker made that car really wide until that BS move by Volker. If he was that much faster, he would've found a way around.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by niznai
Oh, okay, so just a fad. Like I said, no Xray competitor in the market share stakes.

But the race doesn't show the Awesomatix as faster. In fact Volker is faster, he just couldn't get past Ryan (you can see his frustration). The Awesomatix has more take off, but that's not the car, it's the speedy/motor. Would be interesting to know why Volker didn't qualify on pole.

Good driving from both nonetheless.

What track is that? Looks tiny.
Ryan was simply faster during qualifying, nothing special happened to Volker. He's a good driver, he made the B main at the worlds last year.

The track is TFTR in Melbourne. The back straight is approximately 40m (130 feet).
Old 08-23-2017, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

He is a very good driver indeed but I don't agree with you GrandeGixxer. It would've been very difficult for him to pass Volker had he not TQ'ed. He wasn't that much faster. Volker was right on his tail all the time till he crashed into him. Disclosure I'm not on Volker's side. I just don't think Ryan was outright faster.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I don't think he was faster either. I think volker was faster but couldn't get around him until he ran it up his inside. Volker is better than that. It was disappointing to watch. Cost Maker the win as well.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
I don't think he was faster either. I think volker was faster but couldn't get around him until he ran it up his inside. Volker is better than that. It was disappointing to watch. Cost Maker the win as well.
Yeah that frustration topped him lol
Old 08-23-2017, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Can't wait for the release of the car. I just hope the optional upper deck will be available the same time as the kit.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Maker looked a bit slower during finals as he was driving a more defensive line. And he took the overall win as both Maker and Volker had 1-2 finishes each and the final round was a tiebreaker between them.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default release

Hu..

Text last night from local supplier was the kits are being shipped next week
Old 08-25-2017, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

LOL, my T-Works Mugen MTC1 gold plated screw set arrived today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.