Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree759Likes

Mugen MTC1

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2018, 09:34 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Mugen MTC1
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: liljohn1064
Mugen MTC1 Wiki:

MTC1 Manual on the Mugen Web Site.

Correction for the manual

The max/min tooth count of the spur and pinion combined.

64p = 127 to 164 total teeth

48p = 95 to 120 total teeth

People who have spare spur gears left over from other cars which they wish to use but can only utilize 2 of the 4 mounting holes, here's neat trick from MKAH to drill 2 more holes precisely in the spur gear:

1.Dismantle the Spur Holder and mount XRAY Spur with two screws.

2.If you have take a 3mm Top Setting Screw

3.Get the Top Screw in the first free thread to the Spur Holder from the other side until it touches the Spur a litle bit.
Make the same with the second free Thread.

4.Dismantle Top set Srew an the two screws witch holds the Spur on the Holder.
Now you see two marks absolutely central.

5. Take an 3mm Driller an Drill the holes at the marked places

6.Mount the Spur with the two old and two new holes on the Spur.

Spur Gears known to fit the gear holder with the correct hole pattern

1. Axon
2. Panaracer

Upper front arm hinge pin set screw tip (or any of the kit set screws):

When installing the set screw run the set screw in until you can see it come into the hinge pin gap. Back the screw out and make sure there is no flashing in the way and then the screw. Now slide the pin in and you should hit the pin and come to a dead stop. It will be a solid feel and not sloppy like it will not tighten which is caused by any loose plastic.

Hara's Setup

Robert Pietsch's Latest Carpet Setup

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Antimullet;14956534]
Originally Posted by niznai
My question was how do you tune caster on cars with caster blocks.

Read posts more carefully

Read the title of the thread more carefully.

It is the Mugen MTC1. It doesn't use fixed castor blocks on the front. Nor does it have anything to do with the other senseless posts you made in here about other designs.

Stick to the topic.

And if you don't like my snide responses which obviously hurt your fragile feelings, since you reported me to a mod- just pm me and discuss it like a grown man.

Or I can ask the mods to make a special snowflake safe spot right here for you.

Wow. You sound like you need some enemies (or to go back to second grade).

I am not sure what you're on about. My care factor for others' snide responses is not at Defcon five yet.

And just in case you wanted to elicit an explicit answer, no, I didn't report anyone to anyone else.

You need to try your little manoeuvre again with somebody else to find who reported you.

But don't despair. You're on the right track, there's only another 183974 members you have to test.

As for your answer, why engage with my question if you don't like it?

Just say'n.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by XCELL
I know Mugen is A good brand, but I wish they would have been more proactive and competed in the ETS series. This would give there TC a little more credibility and you would have been able to get a better feel for how competitive it is against the competition. They been testing this car for a year...

Patrick
For that to happen Mugen needs real pro drivers. Gotta wait until someone's contract ends for Mugen to snatch.

Mistakes that were made with other cars are stuff that companies learn from and shouldn't be an issue.

If I do go back to tc this would be my choice, but if a 1/10 4wd buggy was made I'd be the first to pre-order. Please make a wheeler!?
Drift_Buggy and Antimullet like this.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

My LHS can get Mugen so my wallet is in real trouble now. I see a lot of attention and effort was put into making the car easy to fine tune which is really attractive to me. Very nice cosmetics, robust looking, high end serious racing machine I believe. It has many features that appear to advance the standard touring car breed. Wish I knew if anything significant was coming from Xray for the 2018 model year though.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
My LHS can get Mugen so my wallet is in real trouble now. I see a lot of attention and effort was put into making the car easy to fine tune which is really attractive to me. Very nice cosmetics, robust looking, high end serious racing machine I believe. It has many features that appear to advance the standard touring car breed. Wish I knew if anything significant was coming from Xray for the 2018 model year though.
Going to be expensive though... Can't see Xray doing much for 2018 other then the usual motor mount adjustments and another refined top deck design.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by RobS
Going to be expensive though... Can't see Xray doing much for 2018 other then the usual motor mount adjustments and another refined top deck design.

"Can't see Xray doing much for 2018 other then the usual motor mount adjustments and another OPTIMIZED top deck design."

Fixed it for you
Old 06-20-2017, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

yes, some new design on this car not just another refined copy cat.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The lack of chassis focus type shots of Hagberg at ETS etc either means absolutely zero to see - hence not worth photographing - or changes they want to hide. Hopefully the latter.

Have been shown images with tell tale signs of machining on the motor mount.

Be good if they update the steering and provide more options for block inserts.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

On preorder now in Australia for approx. $660AUS which is pretty good price considering Awesomatix A800 in Australia is $819AUS.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:47 PM
No9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
On preorder now in Australia for approx. $660AUS which is pretty good price considering Awesomatix A800 in Australia is $819AUS.
Who has them on pre-order?
Old 06-21-2017, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by No9
Michael (owner of Speedy R/C) mentioned it on his facebook page. Just asked him then if he has a link as I can't find it on Speedy R/C. Will let you know once he responds.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

I'm more willing to pay a premium these days for durability, reduced maintenance and ease of tuning which the MTC1 looks to be best ever in this regard - potentially. Time is money. As far as the T4 18' goes, I think they might put the belts on the same side of the spur which is the current trend and my preference. That's a major change for them though. Also, I think they might remove the ARS parts bag from the kit which is partly why I bought the T4'17 so late in the year.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Personally I'm really liking the design. It's just not another traditional touring car copy of the manufacturer next door! There are some really neat features which I'm sure will find their way onto other manufacturers designs in due course. While I'm not a particular fan of Mugen's other onroad cars (nothing against Mugen just not my personal cup of tea) I'm really interested in the MTC1 and will probably end up at least building and trying it out of curiosity!
rccartips likes this.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mugen MTC1-wechatimg315.jpeg

Mugen MTC1-wechatimg316.jpeg
Old 06-21-2017, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Is Mugen still a Japanese-made car?
Old 06-22-2017, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by No9
Taking pre-orders at [email protected]
Approx. $660 due late July.

At this stage via email, not up on their site yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.