Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree759Likes

Mugen MTC1

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2018, 09:34 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Mugen MTC1
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: liljohn1064
Mugen MTC1 Wiki:

MTC1 Manual on the Mugen Web Site.

Correction for the manual

The max/min tooth count of the spur and pinion combined.

64p = 127 to 164 total teeth

48p = 95 to 120 total teeth

People who have spare spur gears left over from other cars which they wish to use but can only utilize 2 of the 4 mounting holes, here's neat trick from MKAH to drill 2 more holes precisely in the spur gear:

1.Dismantle the Spur Holder and mount XRAY Spur with two screws.

2.If you have take a 3mm Top Setting Screw

3.Get the Top Screw in the first free thread to the Spur Holder from the other side until it touches the Spur a litle bit.
Make the same with the second free Thread.

4.Dismantle Top set Srew an the two screws witch holds the Spur on the Holder.
Now you see two marks absolutely central.

5. Take an 3mm Driller an Drill the holes at the marked places

6.Mount the Spur with the two old and two new holes on the Spur.

Spur Gears known to fit the gear holder with the correct hole pattern

1. Axon
2. Panaracer

Upper front arm hinge pin set screw tip (or any of the kit set screws):

When installing the set screw run the set screw in until you can see it come into the hinge pin gap. Back the screw out and make sure there is no flashing in the way and then the screw. Now slide the pin in and you should hit the pin and come to a dead stop. It will be a solid feel and not sloppy like it will not tighten which is caused by any loose plastic.

Hara's Setup

Robert Pietsch's Latest Carpet Setup

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 05:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Old 07-07-2019, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Interesting point but I'm pretty sure this is quite irrelevant compare to the change in the mass center position. So it means there is a change in the roll momentum too, so the car rolls more or less in corners...
Old 07-28-2019, 05:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

is there a tutorial to change fast long mtc1 belt?
Old 07-29-2019, 09:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

What's everyones current thoughts on this car after the performance kit?

Do you think Mugen will continue and if so are there any rumours of a new kit? I see the standard kit is on sale in a couple places and want to pick one up for a later build.
​​​
Old 07-29-2019, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

I will test my updated MTC1 soon - hopefully this Friday. I'm expecting the car to be as good as my Yokomo BD9 - maybe even better. I have already enjoyed good success with the MTC1 in the original configuration so I'm pretty confident the 2019 version will do very well. Some things I did note about the 2019 performance kit build though.
- Very high quality upgrade kit... even the screws are of great quality (unlike the original kit screws).
- Physically the car seems perfect after the conversion.
- My only concern is the effectiveness of the pitch control rod. It doesn't seem to be very effective at controlling chassis pitch flex so I removed it - this is me flexing the car in my hand with it off vs with it on so I could be out to lunch here... to be clear I'm not talking about twisting the chassis. I'm referring to fore and aft flex when the shock towers take a parallelogram position relative to the chassis while under load.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
I will test my updated MTC1 soon - hopefully this Friday. I'm expecting the car to be as good as my Yokomo BD9 - maybe even better. I have already enjoyed good success with the MTC1 in the original configuration so I'm pretty confident the 2019 version will do very well. Some things I did note about the 2019 performance kit build though.
- Very high quality upgrade kit... even the screws are of great quality (unlike the original kit screws).
- Physically the car seems perfect after the conversion.
- My only concern is the effectiveness of the pitch control rod. It doesn't seem to be very effective at controlling chassis pitch flex so I removed it - this is me flexing the car in my hand with it off vs with it on so I could be out to lunch here... to be clear I'm not talking about twisting the chassis. I'm referring to fore and aft flex when the shock towers take a parallelogram position relative to the chassis while under load.
Low (and I mean l o w) traction is the ONLY time I would run the car without the pitch link, even then I would soften the car in some other way to adjust to that little grip. All three of my cars have the conversion and Robert Pietsch's setup. Cars are much calmer and less prone to an uneasy feel when running even the PF LTCR or the BD m410 bodies. The PF type S is REAL good. His setup is spot on for my driving style, and the consistency improvement is very noticeable. The complaints racers were having about how easy the C hubs would bend is a non-issue now it seems. Just be sure to use the 5.5m or the 6m steering stop collar. Saves the C hubs. Had a very hard impact at the BFTR race a couple of weeks ago and destroyed the hub carrier and arm, slightly tweaked the C hub. With a little tweaking of my own to straighten the C hub and was good to go. Won my class. Really good and tough car. Oh, one more thing, slicks or USGT treaded tires didn't matter with Robert's setup.
DavidNERODease likes this.

Last edited by casrcr; 07-29-2019 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tom1974
is there a tutorial to change fast long mtc1 belt?
No magic bullet here. Just make a quick note of order of tasks. I e shock tower w/shocks still on it. Diff hold down pieces, top deck, FR hinge block, 1 steering arm ball removal, pull both inner steering arm off their pivots slide assembly to one side, remove spool, remove spur graphite retainer plate, remove spur, and remove / replace belt and reassemble in reverse order. Nothing to it.......RIGHT! Keep the note.😉
Old 08-02-2019, 04:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Any more news on mid mount conversion being released, any one with inside information ?

Last edited by jay m; 08-02-2019 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jay m
Amy more news on mid mount conversion being released, any one with inside information ?
scuse me but i don 't known.....what is mid mount conversion?
what's the use?
thanks
Old 08-03-2019, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tom1974
scuse me but i don 't known.....what is mid mount conversion?
what's the use?
thanks
Have not heard of mid motor conversion. Have seen a pic of a prototype Robert was trying. I would much rather see a rear active toe kit than a mid motor. 'Course neither one exists.......yet😉
Old 08-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by casrcr

Have not heard of mid motor conversion. Have seen a pic of a prototype Robert was trying. I would much rather see a rear active toe kit than a mid motor. 'Course neither one exists.......yet😉
i have seen xray t4 active rear toe used on the mugen , not sure what mods were needed but it is possible.
Old 08-04-2019, 12:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jay m
i have seen xray t4 active rear toe used on the mugen , not sure what mods were needed but it is possible.
which are the advantage
Old 08-04-2019, 01:05 AM
Tech Regular

Can change rear toe under suspension compression too increase or decrease depending on what you are looking for.
spec class can run less rear toe to gain staight line speed or mod you can achieve more corner speed.
Some find it a little more inconsistant.
But has it's advantages and disadvantages .
It's good as a fine tuning tool
Old 08-07-2019, 09:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by casrcr

I heardt they tested a mid motor layout, but they didn't success (so far)
Old 08-08-2019, 02:31 AM
Tech Regular

What's people thought on chassis for black ETS carpet , will standard carbon work or is alloy the go? What alloy chassis is getting best results .
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.