Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree133Likes

F1 prototype 2017

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Considering I work in the racing industry and on 1:1 prototypes and open wheel cars, this intrigues me greatly.
British Menace, texastc and G-rem like this.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

It looks awesome. This is how F1s should look like, not ancient chassis with low power motor

Originally Posted by G-rem

I like what you are describing for your design, it would be a big step further in the "scaleness" game, as real F1 have a motor implementation like this! But finding helical "pinion gear" will be hard I think As spur/gear diff, you should use Awesomatix A700 gear diff (#GD2), they are the best on the market!

Regards,
G-rem
Dou you mean direct drive via bevel gears? This will be problem, as angle of bevel gears changes with gear ratio. So either you need to change whole set or add some standart gears (even with close to 1:1 ratio), so you can change gear ratio with pinion only.
If you want first variant, you can look for some CS sets for shaft driven 4wds, there were whole sets available for fine tuning of rear overdrive.
Second variant wont be as efficient, but still more eficient than belt drive or FGX setup and you could gain some additional space for electronics thanks to of-centre motor
texastc and G-rem like this.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

This is very impressive. If you want to increase the scale realism. Look at going to 380 size motor. Then you can push servo back and add more realism in the front. Raised nose etc. on 3 cell you get 200W+ from the Novak ones. Should be plenty to go fast.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

So much awesome in this thread G-rem. Sub'd.
G-rem likes this.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'd like to see your option for the double front shocks with rocker arms. The monoshock looks like it will have very high rising rate, which concerns me.
G-rem likes this.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glennhl
I'd like to see your option for the double front shocks with rocker arms. The monoshock looks like it will have very high rising rate, which concerns me.
I'll post picture of that configuration soon!

What I can say it is the fact that front suspension has very little range of movement, about max 5mm, so the rising rate does not really matter.

Regards,
G-rem
Old 06-01-2017, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G-rem
I'll post picture of that configuration soon!

What I can say it is the fact that front suspension has very little range of movement, about max 5mm, so the rising rate does not really matter.

Regards,
G-rem
If it only moves 5mm, then you will probably need to lengthen the push rods to have the rocker higher up into the middle of it's travel. When it first moves off the position it's in now, the shock hardly compresses at all.

By the way, I just don't understand why something like this hasn't been done. The 1/12 scale suspension that they use now just doesn't hack it for me. If I bought a F1 car, I'd definitely buy the one you are developing. Outstanding work!
G-rem likes this.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Update photos? Awesome work so far, keep it going!
Old 06-20-2017, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shaun B22
Update photos? Awesome work so far, keep it going!
Final exam @ school today, I'll be able to go back to the design very soon
texastc, Antimullet and Mr Brooksy like this.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Apart from the obviously well thought out and outstanding design that's gone into this car, its the little things that I'm loving.
1) you have thought about a flat floor like a real F1 car. Like seriously the big companies at best have a splade out lower deck. Your design can actually have real working efficiency and even measurable downforce with a good diffuser.
2) the lack of wide pan style rear end is awesome. You can actually make the F1 car look "like" an F1 car instead of those flaming awful looking slab sided monstrosities that are popular to fit over the jungle gyms at the rear of current popular F1 chassis!
Just to name a few.
G-rem and Antimullet like this.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Default Been a while........

G-rem....

How are you man?
Amazing what you can do when you get board waiting on the big companies to make the car you really want to own isn't it?

You have done an incredible job here G-rem! It's looking very good.

I remember your work on your other F1 chassis and this has your "stamp" all over it.

Good luck with your prototype and testing. I look forward in hearing how it goes mate.

Regards
BM
G-rem likes this.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you very much guys! I really appreciate the interest you all show up in my project, which make me happy to see I am not the only one to desperately wait for some manufacturer to think, design, built a real 1/10 F1 like some are able to do so at 1/5 scale!

I have to say the current period is very suitable for that kind of iteration, I'd never tought some years ago to design my own car, based on what I really think it's essential for me, and print it in 3D to make a actual prototype.

Btw, I think I am entering the final stage of prototyping; I still need to make some minor adjustments accordingly to the conclusions based on the latest printed parts, and also design new ideas that came up during my "resting" period when I had exams at university^^ Now I'm done with that, I will be able to focus entirely on my car so stay tuned!

Regards,
G-rem
texastc and DavidNERODease like this.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

my mind is still blown. My late 1980s education does not grasp the mystical things you are doing.
G-rem and aracefan like this.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Some improvement of the front monoshock system:

All my creations are protected by copyright!

I added 2 small PN mini-z front springs in order to have some influence on lateral moves when cornering, so that under-load side can move up sligthly (around 3mm travel) while the other side can move down.
It also act as a sway bar, and I can fine-tune the effect by switching to other rate springs.

G-rem
texastc likes this.

Last edited by G-rem; 10-03-2017 at 03:12 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:32 AM
Tech Rookie

A great car !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.