Community
Wiki Posts
Search

INSURANCE?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Dawn i do understand. Perhaps im not being clear.

At present time anyone that comes to race at our track is protected by the insurance we hold with the other local clubs(dont ask the particulars i dont know them 100% i just know that racers and spectators are safe from lawsuits resulting form injury)

So any racer from our club or outside our club can race without a ROAR membership and be protected. So the casual monthly racer or the casual out of town racer does need the annual ROAR membership. Nor do our regular members its already paid for by the clubs in our area.

Im sure we are probably not comparing apples to apples here. But the bottom line is none of our members or non-members pay out of pocket for there insurance. ITs a blanket policy that covers every one at the track.

None of the clubs in Ontario or Quebec that we race with are under ROAR. But we all freely race at each others club for the cost or race fees. This is for club or "TROPHY" type races. ( its quite possible some clubs are not insured)

I understand the attraction on some US states to sign up for ROAR as many clubs are under ROAR so to get a ROAR membership would come in usefull to racers with more then one or 2 tracks in there area.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Oh, o.k. Thanks, Dawn.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Yes it is. Thats under the track/landowner liability coverage of the additional $35.00 a year. Not to mention their own business insurance or property insurance required in most states and mortgage companies.

It's that last sentence as to why the majority of clubs/tracks don't use or need the ROAR membership for insurance reasons.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Joel - I understand.

Dawn
Old 01-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
It's that last sentence as to why the majority of clubs/tracks don't use or need the ROAR membership for insurance reasons.

Well, not to say they don't need.. they do need coverage and they opt to pay much more than necessary. In those situations, ROAR coverage would act as a secondary and will decrease their own obligations of premium to their primary company.

Business tracks don't need ROAR but it is helpful and does decrease their premiums. I live in Arizona and my home track is SRS. They do not need ROAR nor do they enforce the membership unless they are holding a sanctioned event. That's their choice and it works for them. But, they have ROAR for the small amount of advertising they had been getting and will have more as we make changes in our website and RevUP ONLINE! presentations.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Dawn, I had asked our club years and years ago about why we did not go ROAR. The comment that was repeated to me most of the time was that ROAR does not hold "National" type races in EASTERN CANADA and that was a major reason for not making our club go that route. And also the fact that we would be sending our money out of the country for coverage we could get locally.

PS im not bashing ROAR just pointing out our situation and possibly alternate option. Im actually pro ROAR in recards to rules.

With that said here a few questions:
-IF more Canadian Clubs did go ROAR would that in away open the boarders to allow for larger ROAR events to be held in CANADA? (we do fine locally and Southern Ontario does attract some "NAME BRAND USA" talent to there big races)
-Once a club is ROAR, does every person that comes to race at that club have to be a ROAR member?
-If yes. Is there a single day coverage a person could get?
-IF no. IS the non ROAR racer at risk if he races or would he even be allowed?
Old 01-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
Dawn, I had asked our club years and years ago about why we did not go ROAR. The comment that was repeated to me most of the time was that ROAR does not hold "National" type races in EASTERN CANADA and that was a major reason for not making our club go that route. And also the fact that we would be sending our money out of the country for coverage we could get locally.

PS im not bashing ROAR just pointing out our situation and possibly alternate option. Im actually pro ROAR in recards to rules.

With that said here a few questions:
-IF more Canadian Clubs did go ROAR would that in away open the boarders to allow for larger ROAR events to be held in CANADA? (we do fine locally and Southern Ontario does attract some "NAME BRAND USA" talent to there big races)
-Once a club is ROAR, does every person that comes to race at that club have to be a ROAR member?
-If yes. Is there a single day coverage a person could get?
-IF no. IS the non ROAR racer at risk if he races or would he even be allowed?
Joel, funny thing about ROAR and Canada. I always hear that ROAR doesn't support racing in Canada but in all honesty, ROAR has nobody in Canada willing to represent the country or even parts of it. We broke up the Canadian territory into regions so several people could handle smaller areas and in the three years I've been on the Executive Committee, not one person has stepped forward to support ROAR racing in Canada. So, we have nobody organizing racing in Canada. Clubs are misinformed as I'm reading from your comments. Its a mess.

Sending money out of the country for coverage you could get locally.. yea, maybe... but not at the price - even with the Candian exchange rate on the dollar. ROAR's carrier is in the US - we can't change that. But, ROAR is the IFMAR sanctioning body for the US and Canada.

So, to answer your questions: yes, ROAR will support national racing in Canada if a canadian track would bid on one. Yes, ROAR will do everything possible to grow the membership in Canada if Canada had even one representative.

If a club goes ROAR, yes, each person on the track for that race day must be a ROAR member. Yes, single event passes are good .. they are $15.00 and if you get two, you just paid for a full year membership.

Again, ROAR single membership is 8 cents a day. Track membership is 8 cents a day to 18 cents a day.

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 01-12-2006 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Dawn, question for you. If I am a ROAR member but race at local tracks that are not ROAR tracks, would I be covered if I should injury someone or even myself while participating at such an event? What about running with some friends at an empty parking lot?
Old 01-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by minicooper
Dawn, question for you. If I am a ROAR member but race at local tracks that are not ROAR tracks, would I be covered if I should injury someone or even myself while participating at such an event? What about running with some friends at an empty parking lot?
Nope.