Most Complete Touring Car???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most Complete Touring Car???

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 08:37 AM
Tech Initiate

i feel that the most complete kit is the tamiya 414mII.
when i bought my kit the only upgrades i bought were the spring set(came with 1 pr of each color),different pistons for the shocks,the 2-dot block for the rear suspension, and the turnbuckle wrench.

i have raced the car for about 2 months.the only things i have replaced are 2 ball-cups,front hub carriers(stripped them during assembly,my fault), and rear delron outdrives(don't use pliers on them).

i'm not that good of a driver i'm usually in the b-main but sometimes i make the a-main,i do have my share of wrecks.if i would have been running my losi (don't own anymore,spent to much money on hop-ups)i probably would have spent a good chunk of change to fix the parts that i would have broke.

my 1st race with the tamiya i was 2 laps better than my best race with the losi.

just my .02

hope that whatever kit you choose it works out for you
Old 11-20-2002, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Its kinda funny how the Tamiya 414m2 has become so popular. Everybody hated the 414m (same car and the m2 just not blue) until it won the worlds now their are Tamiya fans all over the place.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:47 PM
Tech Initiate

i started out as a losi fan but when i drove the shop owners 414
(silver not blue parts)the car just felt awesome the way it was set-up so i sold my losi and bought a 414mII and i don't regret my decision.
Old 11-20-2002, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Deacon-

I like your standpoint. Six months ago I owned 11 RC cars. Offroad 2wheel, truck, 4wheel, Gas truck, 1/8scale, 2 elec sedanz, 1/12 scale, 2 gas sedans, rally car....

I ebay'ed all that crap off, kept my radio, charger, one sedan, my gas truck, 4 best packs, and my tools. Way more fun now.

As for you car, sedan is getting more and more like offroad. The Big 2 have pretty much got it under wraps. Buy a Losi or AE car and you will be dialed. Surf over to Tech Talk or the company website and get a setup for whatever surface you are racing on that weekend....tons of R&D time in both cars. Parts are everywhere....hell, I think I saw some TC3 front arms at Wal-Mart the other day....lol..

Oh, and I run a Losi car.
Old 11-20-2002, 05:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by KINGZJ
Its kinda funny how the Tamiya 414m2 has become so popular. Everybody hated the 414m (same car and the m2 just not blue) until it won the worlds now their are Tamiya fans all over the place.
Funny about that...
Well I'm glad to say I've been a fan since the 414X came out, to bad I never could get my hands on one....
Old 11-20-2002, 09:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default RE: rccarracer

Yes that is true rccarracer but it also has something to do with his driving as well i might add...

=)
Old 11-21-2002, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Interesting to see people's opinions are so different.

I won't shout for any single manufacturer but simply state what cars run in our neck of the woods.

Modified; 80% TC3. 10% Yokomo. 10% HPI.

STOCK; 35% TC3. 35% Yoke MR4. 15% Schumacher. The rest made up of Corally, Losi, HPI and 1 X Ray.

If you break something on a TC3 or a Yoke you can bet someone will have one at the track. If you break with anything else - pack up and go home.........or spend the rest of the day marshalling!

I know what car I'd have out here.

Go for whatever is most popular.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 11-21-2002, 02:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: RE: rccarracer

Originally posted by -CriMinaL- |RC
Yes that is true rccarracer but it also has something to do with his driving as well i might add...

=)
Yeah your right, it does help if he turns the car BEFORE the corner....
Old 11-21-2002, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR

Basically if you really look at things the X-RAY IS the most inconmplete touring car on the market. Buy this one and you need a set of calipers (mine cost $40) and a hudy set-up station, just because of your wonderful pivot ball suspension!
No, all you need is an RPM camber gauge, a 30cm transparent ruler and a spirit level/plumb line.

Ok, so it takes an hour to get the geometry right out of the box rather than 5 minutes but sit in front of the cricket (or some such sport) and do it. Besides, if spending that much time on your car is a problem then you should be buying an RTR!!!
Old 11-21-2002, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Nospending that kind of time with a car at home is not a problem, but at the track in between rounds after repairing from a wreck... No thank you!!!!
Old 11-21-2002, 01:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

The top cars have to be as follows in no order:-

Xray t1 evo 2,
Tamiya 414 WC edition,
Losi xxx-s GP,
Associated tc3.

The Corally has 0% backup and is very incomplete they never fix the problems with there car and just reliese new cars, one example of this is the pathetic bodymounts they insist on using, ok in 1/12th they might be ok but everyone i know who owened a c4.2 just winged about them. If backup and setup help is wanted then Xray has to be the one, there is no need at all in buying the new suspension setup and you will not get the same support from any othere manufacturer other than Xray.

Rick
Old 11-21-2002, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My comment on the 414.... I've liked that car since I found out Tamiya had one. Only problem was they weren't readily available til the 414M2 came out! So Nice car though! Gonna race it this Saturday!
Old 11-22-2002, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Strange thing. Corally people generally seem anti X Ray. I wonder why? And X Ray people generally seem anti Corally. I can't think why.

RICK DRAPER> Don't you normally sign off "X Ray works driver", or words to that effect?

You seem to have forgotten it this time!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rick Draper
The Corally has 0% backup and is very incomplete they never fix the problems with there car and just reliese new cars, one example of this is the pathetic bodymounts they insist on using, ok in 1/12th they might be ok but everyone i know who owened a c4.2 just winged about them. If backup and setup help is wanted then Xray has to be the one, there is no need at all in buying the new suspension setup and you will not get the same support from any othere manufacturer other than Xray.

Rick
Seems funny that Hudy would copy such a car?!?!?!?!
Old 11-22-2002, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
Nospending that kind of time with a car at home is not a problem, but at the track in between rounds after repairing from a wreck... No thank you!!!!
I started with the original T1, one of the first few to come into the country, and went straight from that to the EVO2 this summer. I have NEVER broken anything on either car. Raced indoors with a 12x2 when I really couldn't drive, but thought I could, and my comment above stands. I don't know of anyone who has broken something that affects the suspension.

Johnbull and Rick Draper, please leave each other alone. You are both entitled to your opinions, but please don't send this thread down the 'Xray vs Corally' route!!! By all means start a new thread if you feel the need, but please leave this one alone...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.