R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tamiya Euro Truck Class (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/970907-tamiya-euro-truck-class.html)

OVA 12-12-2016 05:59 PM

Tamiya Euro Truck Class
 
What racer think of this new EURO Semi-Truck GT?
Team Hahn Racing MAN TGS (TT-01 Type-E Chassis)
https://youtu.be/ADv_aLbuAoo
https://youtu.be/hwQlaeJEu4c

belewis01 12-12-2016 09:04 PM

They have been running these at the local hobby shop - NorCal Hobbies - stone stock kits only, with a spec battery. They can't keep them in stock and they have a waiting list in the shop.
Racing is fun to watch, and looks like a great way to get new racers. Quite a few off road guys bought them to try on road.

team green 12-12-2016 11:53 PM

Here's a video from last Sunday's race at Norcal Hobbies.

https://youtu.be/tuWIJG53D6E

OVA 12-13-2016 12:11 AM


Originally Posted by team green (Post 14766083)
Here's a video from last Sunday's race at Norcal Hobbies.

https://youtu.be/tuWIJG53D6E

https://youtu.be/wv8AOd6ApBU

vivo quevas 12-13-2016 11:07 AM

Hobbytown Fresno has ordered 12 kit and have sold 8, I have painted 3 truck bodies.
Only thing I don't like is the battery rule I think it should be any 5000 mAh battery. Not some batteries that I can't use in any other car. That is a waste of money in a affordable class.

team green 12-13-2016 11:29 AM


Originally Posted by vivo quevas (Post 14766597)
Hobbytown Fresno has ordered 12 kit and have sold 8, I have painted 3 truck bodies.
Only thing I don't like is the battery rule I think it should be any 5000 mAh battery. Not some batteries that I can't use in any other car. That is a waste of money in a affordable class.

You need to use round end batteries in order to fit the chassis.

vivo quevas 12-13-2016 11:23 PM

In the GT3 class you use to be able to grind the ribs out to run standard lipo batteries. Yes I have bought the reedy batteries so I can race at the Northern California TCS race January 29, 2017. It would be nice to be able to run standard lipo.

OVA 12-14-2016 10:25 AM


Originally Posted by vivo quevas (Post 14767348)
In the GT3 class you use to be able to grind the ribs out to run standard lipo batteries. Yes I have bought the reedy batteries so I can race at the Northern California TCS race January 29, 2017. It would be nice to be able to run standard lipo.

Really, the round lipo pack is dirt cheap..plus I like the Ideal of keeping everything bone box stock and not to have to worry about what is battery of the month..

b20btec 12-14-2016 11:09 AM

I'm trying to buy one now, they look so fun.

SteveM 12-14-2016 11:25 AM

Looks like fun.

eR1c 12-14-2016 11:31 AM

I would be into this if my club ran it.
Love it!

Since Nor-Cal moved to San Jose its just too far of a drive for me to make it down.
Otherwise I'd be all over that.

Qatmix 12-15-2016 04:16 PM

The Trucks are really popular in the UK as well. its a great stock class.

gigaplex 12-15-2016 05:36 PM

My concern is that since it's technically just a novelty body shell on a standard TC chassis, it won't have much longevity. Box stock classes often don't last long.

I wonder why they chose the TT01E platform rather than the TT02 platform.

Dan 12-15-2016 06:01 PM

I agree the class will die fast, at least locally here. We have RC experts and sponsored drivers now getting into the class. :D

gigaplex 12-15-2016 06:20 PM


Originally Posted by Dan (Post 14769341)
I agree the class will die fast, at least locally here. We have RC experts and sponsored drivers now getting into the class. :D

Just do a leaders shot. Every time the leader crosses the loop, they take a shot of spirits.

team green 12-15-2016 08:23 PM


Originally Posted by Dan (Post 14769341)
I agree the class will die fast, at least locally here. We have RC experts and sponsored drivers now getting into the class. :D

Yeah I got the truck for my wife to run. Now she doesn't want to run it for that reason. She feels like she will just be in the way and get yelled at.

Qatmix 12-15-2016 11:35 PM


Originally Posted by team green (Post 14769477)
Yeah I got the truck for my wife to run. Now she doesn't want to run it for that reason. She feels like she will just be in the way and get yelled at.

stock classes are for all skill groups. She won't be yelled at, especially by top drivers. Otherwise they might need a lesson on etiquette.

The fact that it is on a fixed chassis helps it stay stock, parts are cheap (although I have only ever seen a front hub break) and as long as stock is kept very close to what's in the box (including the kit ESC) then you have a class that is very close in speed.

b20btec 12-16-2016 07:28 PM

In stock again at towers

CL 12-16-2016 09:23 PM

Is this the kit you were referring to?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGLZR&P=SM

Dan 12-16-2016 09:45 PM

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFYPH&P=ML

b20btec 12-16-2016 09:48 PM

I'm referring to the team Hahn kit

CL 12-16-2016 11:20 PM

Wow! Good deal for the Team Hahn kit!

shmit 1 12-17-2016 08:34 AM

Why are the 2 kits priced different. I would imagine more hop ups included maybe.

b20btec 12-17-2016 10:37 AM

price is too good for me to ponder, jumped on it as soon as it was available

Dan 12-17-2016 10:47 AM

The other price will drop once it is actually in stock. That's how Tower always does it.

OVA 12-17-2016 12:16 PM


Originally Posted by shmit 1 (Post 14770709)
Why are the 2 kits priced different. I would imagine more hop ups included maybe.

58642 is the blue color truck and the 58632 is the white color
both truck have the different decal
$208 price is the combo

littlehonda14 12-19-2016 05:47 PM

has anyone built and ran one yet....if so what oil did you use for diff.....Tamiya rules said you can use any oil just wondering what works good to start

team green 12-19-2016 05:56 PM


Originally Posted by littlehonda14 (Post 14773408)
has anyone built and ran one yet....if so what oil did you use for diff.....Tamiya rules said you can use any oil just wondering what works good to start

The diffs are not sealed. So if you do put oil in they will leak.
I use 50k up front and just use black grease in the rear.

sipaboy 12-19-2016 07:50 PM

Got one too. Seems like the front end is stiff on mine. Found out that I got to loosen the screw on the inner steering turnbuckle. All better now. Does everyone glue their tires. I've been running mine unglued and it's been holding up. What spares should I have?

littlehonda14 12-21-2016 04:59 AM

What is everyone running for steering servo?

Justin33 12-21-2016 07:53 AM

Love the body. And chance it would fit on any other standard tc chassis like an xray?

b20btec 12-21-2016 07:58 AM


Originally Posted by Justin33 (Post 14775236)
Love the body. And chance it would fit on any other standard tc chassis like an xray?

Mon-tech sells a truck body that will fit touring cars if that's what you're looking for. Any Mon-tech retailer should be able to get it for you.

littlehonda14 12-21-2016 06:00 PM

Does anyone know if its legal to install the screw kit for the TT01 in the euro truck class....TCS says bearings only but I don't see how the hex screw kit would be any performance gain other then easier for me to work on?

gigaplex 12-21-2016 06:58 PM


Originally Posted by littlehonda14 (Post 14775821)
Does anyone know if its legal to install the screw kit for the TT01 in the euro truck class....TCS says bearings only but I don't see how the hex screw kit would be any performance gain other then easier for me to work on?

If they allow replacement screws then people may start using lightweight screw sets.

Laguna Bozo 12-21-2016 07:54 PM

Frustrating how Tamiya is always starting these "box stock" classes. Now if they let us hop-up this TT01 chassis (Tamiya parts, of course, and there are a bunch), this could be a really fun class!

sipaboy 12-21-2016 09:09 PM

All I did in mine is change to a deans plug

HuskerDave 12-22-2016 12:29 PM


Originally Posted by littlehonda14 (Post 14775075)
What is everyone running for steering servo?

I am going to use this one. We used it in a 6hr enduro and no issues.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/tracksta...08sec-45g.html

FMW 12-22-2016 01:19 PM


Originally Posted by littlehonda14 (Post 14775821)
Does anyone know if its legal to install the screw kit for the TT01 in the euro truck class....TCS says bearings only but I don't see how the hex screw kit would be any performance gain other then easier for me to work on?

For the TCS Series you must run the kit screws.

littlehonda14 12-22-2016 07:19 PM

ok thanks will build using the Tamiya screws :(

sgtlt 12-22-2016 07:59 PM

Got mine today. Going to build stock except with bearings.


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:46 AM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.6
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.