Search
Like Tree867Likes

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 08:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
I use about 70 grams of weight total. ...i know its a lot, but has removed the bounce and helps w/ stability/handling.

Try using the weights in various places to suit your needs.
For me:
-about 30grams or so on the battery strap (middle of chassis) ..some put it under the chassis in that cut out area (...actually I have been meaning to move my center weight from the battery to under for even lower center of gravity).
-about 20 grams on rear (at the rear bumper area).
-about 20 grams up front

...but I have moved the weight around a lot ...this seems to be my ideal.
Thanks for for all the help! =)
Old 10-15-2017, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Haha... I like the two and four wheel off the ground action. Hope this becomes popular in central TEXAS!
Old 10-15-2017, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teamhotrods
Haha... I like the two and four wheel off the ground action. Hope this becomes popular in central TEXAS!
I didn't think it would take long before someone from around these parts would bump this thread! Ha!

So now that it looks like I'll be banging doors with Mr. Teamhotrods in this class I better stock up on some spares. Hehehe... I'm assuming A- and B-parts trees? Anything else?
Teamhotrods likes this.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:13 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rodarbal
I didn't think it would take long before someone from around these parts would bump this thread! Ha!

So now that it looks like I'll be banging doors with Mr. Teamhotrods in this class I better stock up on some spares. Hehehe... I'm assuming A- and B-parts trees? Anything else?
We have run TT01's and TTo1E's in our junior school r/c club. The steering knuckles are the part's the students broke most often. It's a common problem with the TT01's, TT01E's and TT02's. Although the very large bumper helps. Knowing this past problem we are allowing aluminum steering knuckles. We are using the Yeah racing knuckles. Some others require cvd's. If your racing outside in a parking lot you may want have an extra dog bone. Sometimes, when you get hit and your taking a corner the dog bone will pop out.

I raced this mine this summer and I didn't break anything. I did have the dog bone issue. I am sure it happened when someone hit me in a corner. I couldn't have possibly hit anyone else. Unfortunately, I probably hit someone. I found the dog bone on the track.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Bounce

Originally Posted by MD
We have run TT01's and TTo1E's in our junior school r/c club. The steering knuckles are the part's the students broke most often. It's a common problem with the TT01's, TT01E's and TT02's. Although the very large bumper helps. Knowing this past problem we are allowing aluminum steering knuckles. We are using the Yeah racing knuckles. Some others require cvd's. If your racing outside in a parking lot you may want have an extra dog bone. Sometimes, when you get hit and your taking a corner the dog bone will pop out.

I raced this mine this summer and I didn't break anything. I did have the dog bone issue. I am sure it happened when someone hit me in a corner. I couldn't have possibly hit anyone else. Unfortunately, I probably hit someone. I found the dog bone on the track.
Tcs your not allowedto add weight. I have found raise the front body clips up one hole that way the body can move alittle seems like the wrong thing to do but it took almost al bounce out of mine i also run 100k in my shocks. They are moveing parts and per the rules we can lubricate. Hopr that helps it did me and i run it in the tcs race that way.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redmonster27
Tcs your not allowedto add weight. I have found raise the front body clips up one hole that way the body can move alittle seems like the wrong thing to do but it took almost al bounce out of mine i also run 100k in my shocks. They are moveing parts and per the rules we can lubricate. Hopr that helps it did me and i run it in the tcs race that way.
I had 50gm added to my truck at TCS nats. I passed tech with no problems.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That "chatter" type damping, is how the weights work on tamiya mini 4wd cars work. And it's how harmonic ballancers work on cars. Same as deadblow hammers. "Rattle" is totally a legitimate method of stopping bouncing.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

New rules in Texas: No tiger stripe paint jobs are allowed.
All 4 wheels on the pavement mostly at all times.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:13 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Sounds good, but if I raced in Texas I might have problem obeying the rule about all four tires. Do they allow longhorns to be mounted on their trucks?
Old 10-18-2017, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Rule 7.1 tiger stripes must be pink
Old 10-18-2017, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by team green
I had 50gm added to my truck at TCS nats. I passed tech with no problems.
Wow! There was a few guys that had weights in there trucks and they were made to remove them before racing i guess it all depends on the tech official's
Old 10-19-2017, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teamhotrods
Rule 7.1 tiger stripes must be pink
You crazy guys! They're NOT tiger stripes!
Old 10-19-2017, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
Sounds good, but if I raced in Texas I might have problem obeying the rule about all four tires. Do they allow longhorns to be mounted on their trucks?
Yes, Longhorns are allowed.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Wow! There was a few guys that had weights in there trucks and they were made to remove them before racing i guess it all depends on the tech official's
Fred told Hobbytown Fresno that you can only add weight to balance the chassis out. You can't add wieght vfront or back or down the middle.
You also can't lock the front diff.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vivo quevas
Fred told Hobbytown Fresno that you can only add weight to balance the chassis out. You can't add wieght vfront or back or down the middle.
You also can't lock the front diff.
Brian you got PM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.