Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree867Likes

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

Do you know the part # for the lower body, and/or its availability? Thanks.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
Do you know the part # for the lower body, and/or its availability? Thanks.
TAM1825882

Ther are some on eBay, other places stores have a available soon statement
Old 04-19-2017, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hope this class takes off enough for the aftermarket to create some different bodies for these things. Add a little variety on the track.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:58 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Here's one.
EURO RACE TRUCK BODY 200MM RIG SEMI TRANSPORT TOURING SERPENT XRAY TAMIYA | eBay
Old 04-19-2017, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bubbaslash
I hope this class takes off enough for the aftermarket to create some different bodies for these things. Add a little variety on the track.
Being a TCS class kinda rules out the usage of aftermarket bodies.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:16 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

That's true if your running strictly for the TCS, but there other tracks running them.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This is a copy of the body Yokomo offered about 10+ years ago.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Okay, I have two full race days under my belt on this car and plenty of practice.

My observations,

Friction damper position (inner vs outer hole and every combo -front inner rear outer, and vice-versa) doesn't not seem to make a difference. I raced w/ some fast guys, the top two both ran different damper positions. I have tried all and can't tell a difference.

Heavy oil vs light oil on friction dampers. I have tried no oil, thin grease and heavy 1mil tacky diff oil. Top drivers at our track went for thin smooth NOT tacky or thick. I'd say that using tacky 1mil diff was bad and didn't allow the car's dampers to actually do their thing. Made the ride too hard and thus extra bouncy.

Driving style seems to be key. Hard exhilaration then jam on the breaks before the turn then hard exhilaration again. I avoid most of the bouncies w/ this technique. Coming in to turns w/ a ton of speed does not seem to work well, otherwise you hop all over the place. I have my brakes set to about 60% of full breaking, thus my brakes are a bit "soft" ...so it doesn't stop in place yet slows nicely when I "jam" the brakes.

I am running my car box stock w/ exception of bearings (per rules for the various clubs I've run with). I've heard rumor of people cheating around the pits, and have had other drivers recommend I try things that are not legal w/ my truck. I don't care to take part in any of that so won't even mention what techniques I've heard. -but I am sure people are cheating. I'd rather lose honestly than win dishonestly.

-----
I am running the front diff w/ extra TAmiya anti wear grease and the rear w/ the recommended amount. I plan on trying various weights in the diff and see how that helps/hinders.

--
keep in mind this is just my experience and my 2 cents. Hope it helps.

I'd love to hear what works w/ the diff if anyone has tried (no oil, med, thick -front/rear)?
Pit-racer and GrandeGixxer like this.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
Okay, I have two full race days under my belt on this car and plenty of practice.

My observations,

Friction damper position (inner vs outer hole and every combo -front inner rear outer, and vice-versa) doesn't not seem to make a difference. I raced w/ some fast guys, the top two both ran different damper positions. I have tried all and can't tell a difference.

Heavy oil vs light oil on friction dampers. I have tried no oil, thin grease and heavy 1mil tacky diff oil. Top drivers at our track went for thin smooth NOT tacky or thick. I'd say that using tacky 1mil diff was bad and didn't allow the car's dampers to actually do their thing. Made the ride too hard and thus extra bouncy.

Driving style seems to be key. Hard exhilaration then jam on the breaks before the turn then hard exhilaration again. I avoid most of the bouncies w/ this technique. Coming in to turns w/ a ton of speed does not seem to work well, otherwise you hop all over the place. I have my brakes set to about 60% of full breaking, thus my brakes are a bit "soft" ...so it doesn't stop in place yet slows nicely when I "jam" the brakes.

I am running my car box stock w/ exception of bearings (per rules for the various clubs I've run with). I've heard rumor of people cheating around the pits, and have had other drivers recommend I try things that are not legal w/ my truck. I don't care to take part in any of that so won't even mention what techniques I've heard. -but I am sure people are cheating. I'd rather lose honestly than win dishonestly.

-----
I am running the front diff w/ extra TAmiya anti wear grease and the rear w/ the recommended amount. I plan on trying various weights in the diff and see how that helps/hinders.

--

I'd love to hear what works w/ the diff if anyone has tried (no oil, med, thick -front/rear)?
Hey, Eric it's Jason. My wife and I pit next to you at P1 Sunday.
He is my setup I used.
Rear diff AW grease 3/4 full
Rear shock Kyosho 30k diff grease very little. Shock mounted on outer hole.
Front diff 20 million diff oil
Front shocks Kyosho 30k diff grease. Very little.shocks mounted in outer hole.
Also added 64 grams of weight to the battery side.
My wife's truck was setup the same way but with only 14 grams of weight to the battery side.
eR1c and RRto997 like this.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:15 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by team green
Hey, Eric it's Jason. My wife and I pit next to you at P1 Sunday.
He is my setup I used.
Rear diff AW grease 3/4 full
Rear shock Kyosho 30k diff grease very little. Shock mounted on outer hole.
Front diff 20 million diff oil
Front shocks Kyosho 30k diff grease. Very little.shocks mounted in outer hole.
Also added 64 grams of weight to the battery side.
My wife's truck was setup the same way but with only 14 grams of weight to the battery side.
it this TCS legal?
Old 04-24-2017, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OVA
it this TCS legal?
It sure is I've raced two TCS events (Fresno,and Aliso). Finished 3rd in Fresno and 2nd at Aliso.

In Fresno I didn't use weights in Aliso I use 28 grams.
eR1c likes this.

Last edited by team green; 04-24-2017 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Weight is allowed Really? Almost every club that is racing Hahn trucks atm are under the impression adding weight / balancing or removing weight was a no go. Pretty sure 99% seem to follow box stock with bearings only..

I feel like the weight adding is the gateway to more.... why though.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c

My observations,

-----

--

Firstntime out i ran with 200k in the front diff. Kit tamiya grease in the rear. Some 200k on the friction dampers. Can't say i recall how my shocks are mounted. First week both my sons and my truck were like this and were on point all night. Last week we both struggled, but i didn't do any maintenance so its ptobable that the shocks need cleaned and redampened.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525
Weight is allowed Really? Almost every club that is racing Hahn trucks atm are under the impression adding weight / balancing or removing weight was a no go. Pretty sure 99% seem to follow box stock with bearings only..

I feel like the weight adding is the gateway to more.... why though.
Removing weight like dremeling or drilling parts to save weight is not allowed. But no where in the TCS rules say adding weight is illegal. I passed tech and I wasn't the only one using weights at these events.
eR1c likes this.

Last edited by team green; 04-24-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Hello Jason!
You and your wife are fassst! Great job Sunday.
Yeah, I am still getting the hang of driving my truck. -Thank you for the setup help and congratulation on your win and your wife's 3rd place finish. You raced against a fast group of guys, so really impressive run you had.

Hey, shouldn't you be "TeamPink"??!! JK.
RRto997 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.