Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin Rage 1/10 Brushless System Video

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Team Tekin

Default Tekin Rage 1/10 Brushless System Video

A sneak peak of the Tekin Rage 1/10 brushless system. Some video from our first day of testing on the track. We ran the highest KV motor way over geared for a 85' straight and could not shut it down. The lowest KV pulls a 10turn and gets pulled by a 7turn. Same great user interface as the mini rage and G11... Beep Beep and drive off.

http://www.teamtekin.com/Videos.asp

Lots of cool vid coming.. we have the footage... we just need to make the videos.

Tekin Prez
Old 01-14-2006, 10:45 AM
Team Tekin

It is coming... I promise.

Prez
Old 01-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Legend

ANOTHER BRUSHLESS MOTOR SYSTEM ?

Oooo-Man !

Brush motor`s R gona have a tuff time winning this year ....
Old 01-14-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Legend

If you could , how bout the giving us a pic ?

and maybe a idea of the size winds your introducing....
Old 01-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

So will the new system be ready for the spring / summer season?
Old 01-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Will it be a straight brushless or is it going to be able to do brushed as well? That would be the thing holding me back right now with the GTB and the Sphere having been out for a little while now.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Team Tekin

I disagree that brushless is better all around. We think brushed and brushless both have their place and advantages. If they open up the brushed rules they can build a much better motor.

No pics yet... protos tend to be a little bigger and spread out to allow us to engineer. Once we show it people never forget and the first impression is the most important. It will be typical Tekin classic and sharp looking, solder post and led tree just like the 1/18 mini rage brushless.

Hope to have units to our factory drivers before spring and pending how many problems they find it will be released as soon as it is ready. Considering how the other brushless systems performed at the recent touring car championships it has to be right... and so far it is. We have never shut down our unit to date... and we have tried.

Brushed and brushless in the same unit is kinda like buying fish at a hamburger stand.... You can do it but it will not likely be the best. Carrying a lot of dead weight around when operating as a brushed unit. We may offer one, but not likely in our top of the line racing models. If the market demands it we will build it...

FYI it takes twice as many fets to make a reversing brushed unit that is almost as good as a fwd only. Not all designs are created equal. We build products that are the best they can be, not to cover the most market segments at the expense of performance.

Tekin Prez
Old 01-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Tekin Prez- Will the new 1/10 brushless system handle a 8000 mAH Li-Po (7.4V) and long mains (up to 20 minutes)? This will be in an off road truck (Losi MF1). We run a Pro Truck class here in the Carolina's (brushless/ Li-Po set up) with long mains. I look forward to running the Tekin system. Thanks.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

send it to me-I'll shut it down!! But it will be fast as balls and probably running A3 when it does I need a hug.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Team Tekin

Anything can be overworked, but with reasonable setups the system will achieve steady state and just keep rippin. There will also be a monster truck version for the really crazy applications.

You will get your chance to shut it down after we are sure you can't. Right now I am sure you can't, but that's why we have factory drivers that regularly prove us wrong and keep us on our toes. Nobody and no bench testing can load a system like a pro driver on fly paper.

Tekin Prez
Old 01-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayhuang
I need a hug.

im so sad i sold my DIS350 4 years ago =(
Old 01-18-2006, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Interesting video. Does it feature an USB-link to program it on the computer like the new Mamba Max?
Old 01-18-2006, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Out of curiosity, what would you rather, something that is highly tuneable in one little box or the ESC linkable but NEED to be a laptop/computer/PDA to tune it.

I undesrtand it will run with the Tekin Tree light system which is so easy, even I can do it.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

I am curious, is the 1/10 Tekin brushless a rebadged Castle Creations Mamba Maxx? I have been told it is, but I don't see Tekin rebadging a product they did not have any development input on.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

mguebert69-
Are you kidding?
Look at the 1/18th scale versions and tell me if you think it's rebadged.
NO WAY.
The motor's are pretty much the same in everybody's 1/18th scale unit's.
Tekin's 1/10th scale Unit I can PROMISE you is not a rebadged unit.
The Tekin 1/18th has no delay like the Mamba and is 10x's easier to setup than the mamba.Tekin is bringing this along in their 1/10th scale unit as well.
Wow where did you even get this type of REALLY Bad info?????

MrUnlimited-Mamba had to do this with a interface because they dont have the design and simplicity that Tekin Does with their unit.
Im sorry I would rather have the programming at my fingertips on the unit than to have to hook it up to some computer.
Have you ever looked at a Tekin G10 or G11 esc or the 1/18th scale brushless esc???It's all done on the face of the esc.

If you have ran Mamba 1/18th scale like I have guys I will tell you right now Tekin's system just blows it out of the water.It's not even fair how much nicer the Tekin Unit is, the adjustability it has and ease of setup.
NO CONTEST.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.