Which Battery & charger to choose?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Battery & charger to choose?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 03:53 AM
Tech Adept

Arrow Which Battery & charger to choose?

Sorry for my annoying questions , but I am now constructing a shopping bag to built my 1/10 electric R/C car . I need to know what are the mostly used D/C battery charger and Batteries ?
Old 12-26-2005, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

muchmore ctx-c, there is a thread on this charger
Old 12-26-2005, 04:41 AM
Regional Moderator

Here the most popular is MuchMore, Pulsar and Turbo GFX.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Arrow battery charger advice

Should I go for the Associated Pulsar Competition 2 DC Charger or MuchMore is better? and concerning the batteries, are the trinity ones good?
Old 12-26-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Go with the Pulsar 2, it's a solid charger plus motor run-in for breakin motors or running lathes is really nice.

Stay away from Trinity packs. There are companies out there with way better numbers and better value for the dollar. br00d, SMC, EA, etc.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

Arrow battery charger advice (continued...) :)

please I need your opinions about the following chargers:

Team Orion Pro Digital Charger D67
Tekin BC112C 12OVAC Peak Charger
Competition Electronics Turbo 35 GFX
Novak Electronics Ionic-D AC/DC Charger with Discharger

I couldn't find MuchMore website.. can anyone tell me the address
Old 12-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

whats your budget?

remember you will also need a dishcarger, equliser, maybe a motor lather and later on even a motor dyno....etc etc... cheers

have a look also at the APS 3-1 charger. see the review section on rctech.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

it took me two seconds
here you are http://www.much-more.co.kr/
Old 12-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i would look at the duratrax ICE charger, i have used the muchmore ctx-c & the ice & found the ICE to be a better charger all round, & for what ever reason i found my cells to have more punch coming off the ICE than the CTX-C with the the same settings. for 120.00 usd you can't go wrong.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

i have the ice aswell, i found that the muchmore peak detect is alot more accurate.

also isnt muchmores peak detect of 3mv refers to the whole pack, whereas the setting of 3v on the ice refers to a single cell. so a 3mv setting on the ice is infact the same as a 15mv setting on the ctx-c.....

the ice is great though and one of the top choices to get, especially with all of its functions.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default ICE

I have Pulsar Competition and now also an ICE and I prefer the ICE. For the money it has way more features and is very easy to use. The only thing lacking is a backlight, which there is a thread on here that tells you how to add one and I think one of the members is selling the parts to do it.

Good luck,

Greg
Old 12-26-2005, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by halayli
Sorry for my annoying questions , but I am now constructing a shopping bag to built my 1/10 electric R/C car . I need to know what are the mostly used D/C battery charger and Batteries ?
You want a very good charger for very good price then go for ICE chrger & use it's 4 setp charging. I could not believe how good & flexible this low cost charger is.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:13 PM
Tech Adept

Arrow chargers (continued...)

The budget is around $300. I am not looking for a cheap(or best deal) charger, but one that is reliable, good performance, with plenty of features.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

I would go a little bit more ($400) and get the GFX it is hands down the best charger on the market,it has every feature you will need and is one of the highest quality chargers on the market,it will charge,discharge,run motors,lathes whatever you want at levels the others can't match.In the end you will save money by not having to buy all that other stuff,all you will need is an equalizer (Tekin) and a GFX and you will have your batteries taken care of.As for a dyno,forget it you don't need it,unless you just want one,but they are completly unneccesary for 98% of the racers out there.Yes stay away from trinity batteries,they are wayyyy overpriced for what you get.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Don't think the ICE isn't top notch just because there are more expensive chargers. In fact, it is one of the best chargers available regardless of price but you get the benefit of a low price tag (something rarely found in this hobby). I bet if the charger cost $200+ or more instead of $130 (new on eBay w/Free shipping) it would be hailed as the best charger on the market.

I heard the Much More CTX-C mentioned earlier and it too is a great charger but that is all it is good at. It like the ICE is limited to a 10AMP discharge but unlike the ICE it doesn't have a motor break in function as Much More wants you to buy their Motor Master for motor break in.

Now the Turbo 35 GFX is the top dog of chargers as it is capable of discharging at 30amps, has motor break in, and a great charger but it also has a $400 price tag! If you have the money this charger is outstanding but is it $270 better than the ICE? I don't think so seeing as I just sold my Turbo 35 BL Stealth and bought an ICE and a Integy 030 discharge tray. This combination does just about everything the Turbo 35 GFX does with the advantage of allowing you to charge & discharge at the same time with a combined cost of just $190.

If Duratrax came out with the ICE 2 that adds a backlit blue LED & 30 amp discharge for $199 they would have the best selling charger on the market.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.