Wiki Posts
Search

The Drift Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 03:59 AM
Tech Adept

Default UNiversal Chassis Drift Setup

Hello,

Just wanted to get info on drift setup and the main setups, which result in good r/c drifting?

Shocks- hard/soft??
Springs- stiff??
Camber?
Ride height?
ETC..

Thanks for any useful info..
Old 09-23-2006, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

setup mainly depends on surface, track & tires you're using.
Here's what i use as general start:
Shock Oil: 0-20
Spring: Med-Med Hard
Camber: 0-
RH: 5mm
Old 09-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks!!

Hey where you get the Civic 92-95 body from!

Know of anywhere to get a CRX body?
Old 09-23-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Tamiya made them, Frewer too. HPI has but mini 1/10..
I don't think there are any CRX shell available/ were made.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

carpet drifting anyone!

Check tis out

FYI we were using rubber tires wif tapes....
Old 09-24-2006, 03:24 AM
PaZ
Tech Master

thats some smooth stuff were going indoors next friday on carpet the rubbers with tape do you just get some old rubbers and stick the tape round a few times? Is it the whole tyre or just the middle/edges? me and my mate wanna try and get more people into drifting and this seems the best way to do it its cheap and easy to make rather than having to buy drifts
Old 09-24-2006, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PaZ
thats some smooth stuff were going indoors next friday on carpet the rubbers with tape do you just get some old rubbers and stick the tape round a few times? Is it the whole tyre or just the middle/edges? me and my mate wanna try and get more people into drifting and this seems the best way to do it its cheap and easy to make rather than having to buy drifts
yes we used old rubbers and cover everything wif the tape..
Old 09-24-2006, 07:41 AM
PaZ
Tech Master

ideal thanks for that ive just been out drifting for the 1st time in AGES! foams on wet tarmac oval awsome that 7 was screaming
Old 09-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CRiXman
Hello,

Just wanted to get info on drift setup and the main setups, which result in good r/c drifting?

Shocks- hard/soft??
Springs- stiff??
Camber?
Ride height?
ETC..

Thanks for any useful info..

let me add to GTO2's answer, for the diffs have them both open and have the rear about 7.5 more of a turn tighter

just wondering, what chassis are you drifting with?
Old 09-26-2006, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

hey i thoguht i should give you guys a heads up because since you like rc drifting you probably like real drifting.

Round 5 of Formula D was recently held at Evergreen Speedway in Washington. i took a bunch of pics from the event and some video too. all the pics are posted and i just posted the first of many video clips. if you interested check them out. on our pictures page and our videos page. at

www.fsxracing.com

you have to sign up for the videos page but its a free sign up, its just there to keep track of traffic to the videos page. i also have to approve you so since i am going to bed it wont happen till the morning but all throughout the day ill approve you so just check back to the page a few times durring the day to see if you were approved.

ill post in here when i get the next clip up but i hope to put one up every few days.

- Frank, FSX Racing Co-Owner
www.fsxracing.com
Old 09-28-2006, 12:19 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

well ive just finished making my taped rubbers and coool i had it drifting around the house i had loads of blue tape so im drifting on blue wheels cant wait now to take em to the winter series and give em a drift show during the lunch break. Id like to get more local racers into it and if they see how easy it is to make drifts we may soon have a drift heat
Old 09-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

anopther drift video added. and ill add another one tomorrow
Old 09-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Default Fall Classic Race in Santa Cruz 10/28-10/29

Hi all,

My name is John and I am a member of Santa Cruz Race Club http://www.santacruz-rc.com We have our 1st annual Fall Classic race coming up this October 28th and 29th and we will be hosting a drift class as well. It would be really cool if you guys could come on up and show us how it's done sideways style!! If you want to come up and drift and want to contact me, drop me a line at [email protected] and I'll holla back.

This is a trophy race (nice big ones) and is already being sponsored by many of the big companies including Yokomo with more signing up every week. Please come on out and join us and enjoy a mellow layed back environment with a really cool track. The sign up flyer is http://santacruz-rc.com/images/trophy_race_flyerv2.pdf

http://www.santacruz-rc.com
Old 10-08-2006, 03:00 AM
PaZ
Tech Master

thats all i can say about taped rubbers on carpet, i ran them on friday and the other racers were goin naaaaaa never gonna work so i stuck em on took em out and dam its so easy, the finals ended up getting delayed so everyone could have a go we had a reporter from out local newspaper there and he took a few shots of the drifting etc so it might get in the paper to
Old 10-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Weekly Indoor RC Drifting

We're meeting everyweek at Walt's Hobby Shop in Syracuse, NY just off Intersate 90. For the past few weeks, we've been meeting on Saturdays. With the upcoming race season starting, we'll be meeting on weekdays for practice runs and on Saturdays for promoting the hobby (first 2 or 3 weeks) then we'll start a points series.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.