Search
Like Tree6Likes

M 210mm chassis class help

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2023, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default M 210mm chassis class help

Hi, I would like to start racing in the M chassis 210mm wheelbase class but I'm not sure what I should be looking for given the various options. I've seen the Tamiya M05 and M07 cars and also the HPI Cup Racer. Are there any other cars that I should consider? I looking for good handling and durability. Any comments are greatly appreciated.
Old 04-29-2023, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3thatflys7
Hi, I would like to start racing in the M chassis 210mm wheelbase class but I'm not sure what I should be looking for given the various options. I've seen the Tamiya M05 and M07 cars and also the HPI Cup Racer. Are there any other cars that I should consider? I looking for good handling and durability. Any comments are greatly appreciated.
What are the class rules at your track? FWD or RWD or 4WD? Any restrictions on brand etc? Mini classes are often Tamiya only. If you're looking for other options, the Xpress FM1S is great. 3Racing MG EVO is another option. If you're strictly after 210mm wheelbase, the M07 isn't suitable, it only does 225 or 239.
Old 04-29-2023, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

I believe it's a 210mm Four wheel drive class.
Old 04-29-2023, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

That class was popular near me a few years ago and the Xpress 4wd mini was the dominant choice.

I would visit the track first and see what is being run. In my opinion that class has passed its peak, I'd make sure there was a good following for it before spending money.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 04-29-2023, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

I appreciate all of the comments. I am leaning towards the XM1S. Generally, is the 4wd easier to drive than the Fwd? I am planning on running it with a mini cooper body.
Old 04-29-2023, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

4WD and FWD are about equally easy to drive (especially compared to RWD), but typically 4WD can accelerate harder than FWD.
Old 04-29-2023, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

Just an FYI - the M07 mentioned in the opening post can't be built to 210mm WB out of the box.
Old 04-29-2023, 04:10 PM
Tech Rookie

The Tamiya M05 and M07 are popular choices for the M chassis class due to their good handling and durability, as well as a wide range of available hop-up parts. Another option to consider is the Yokomo YD-2 M, which is a rear-wheel drive car that has been gaining popularity in the M chassis class due to its excellent handling and drift capabilities. Other notable options include the Kyosho Mini-Z MR-03 and the Xpress Execute XM1.5, both of which offer good handling and durability as well. Ultimately, the best choice will depend on your personal preferences and budget.
Old 04-29-2023, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BuggyFan21
Just an FYI - the M07 mentioned in the opening post can't be built to 210mm WB out of the box.
While true, this has already been mentioned in the very first reply within this thread.
Originally Posted by alpenglowquasar
The Tamiya M05 and M07 are popular choices for the M chassis class due to their good handling and durability, as well as a wide range of available hop-up parts. Another option to consider is the Yokomo YD-2 M, which is a rear-wheel drive car that has been gaining popularity in the M chassis class due to its excellent handling and drift capabilities. Other notable options include the Kyosho Mini-Z MR-03 and the Xpress Execute XM1.5, both of which offer good handling and durability as well. Ultimately, the best choice will depend on your personal preferences and budget.
The OP is explicitly looking for the 210mm option, so the M-07 (as had already been stated within this thread) would not really fit his requirements.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 04-29-2023, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Mini-Z's are 1/28 scale. They are not in this same class of vehicles.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 04-30-2023, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Nice to see ChatGPT has joined the forum with their usual blend of good grammar and bad information.
varmint and gigaplex like this.
Old 04-30-2023, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

The HPI cup race isn't a viable option - it's been discontinued for a long time.

Xpress, Tamiya and Serpent are good kits in their own right. Xpress mini series for the cost, Tamiya M series for its flexibility and bonkers parts support, and Serpent X20 mini for it's flexibility and high end race chassis DNA.

I personally run an X20 mini and the thing is stupid fast with a 17.5 in it.
Old 04-30-2023, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

M03 is ok in this class...
Old 04-30-2023, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Thank you all for the comments. After comparing the options I decided to go with the Xpress FM1S.
Old 04-30-2023, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Thank you all for the comments. After comparing the options I decided to go with the Xpress FM1S.
Is there a reason you chose a front wheel drive kit for a four wheel drive class?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.