Wiki Posts
Search

Paragon?? out of biz??

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Paragon?? out of biz??

www.paragonrc.com doesn't work and no one has ground effects and I can't seem to find my favorite hollow graphite rollover antenna. anybody? bueller? bueller?
Old 12-16-2005, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have some ground effects! Try to find some Oil of Wintergreen. That is the main ingredient of Paragon Ground effects. As for the antenna, I am new to 1/12th so I have not found the best place to buy everything yet.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:15 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

No Paragon is not out of business. The government made them recall 175,000 cans of Ground effects. You wont find any of that till March or so. Do a search on the web and you'll find the recall. Seems like a good reason for the Snowbirds to ban it now since no one will be able to get it except for a few....

EA
Old 12-17-2005, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Not childproof? I can't even get those damn things open without vice grips. Ripping that white cap off is the first thing I do when I get a new bottle.

CPSC, Paragon Racing Products, Inc. Announce Recall Of Ground Effects Tire Traction Compound

WASHINGTON, D.C. - In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Paragon Racing Products, Inc.of Waconia, Minn., is voluntarily recalling approximately 75,000 4 - and 8-fluid ounce containers of Ground Effects Tire Traction Compound. The product, which contains methyl salicylate, was not packaged with child- resistant closures. The product is toxic and can cause serious injury or death if it is accidentally ingested.

The Ground Effects Tire Traction Compound is used by hobbyists on the tires of model racing cars to help provide traction. Approximately 75,000 cans were sold nationwide in hobby supply stores from 1989 to August, 1995. The 4-fluid ounce package sold for approximately $6.50 and the 8-fluid ounce size for $10.50.

Consumers should discontinue use of the product and call Paragon Racing Products at (612) 442-6364 to receive a free safety closure. Consumers can also write to Paragon at 340 Industrial Boulevard, Waconia, Minn. 55387.

Under the Poison Prevention Packaging Act, products containing more than 5% methyl salicylate are required to be packaged in containers with child-resistant packaging. Paragon Racing Products and CPSC are not aware of any injuries associated with this product.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

That's a crock of BS. Paragon has been making that sauce in those cans since I can remember. I still have cans from the 80s that I can't get open easily. Unbelievable.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
No Paragon is not out of business. The government made them recall 175,000 cans of Ground effects. You wont find any of that till March or so. Do a search on the web and you'll find the recall. Seems like a good reason for the Snowbirds to ban it now since no one will be able to get it except for a few....

EA
Im with you indeed EA!!!! No paragon at the Snowbirds
Old 12-17-2005, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

if Paragon is not available to the masses before snowbirds...i would defintely think they would have to move to something else....
Old 12-17-2005, 07:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
if Paragon is not available to the masses before snowbirds...i would defintely think they would have to move to something else....
It's such a simple rule; no smelly traction period There's at least 4 or 5 out there. The IIC race in Vegas with 400+ entries was so awesome; No smell, no haze, no headaches from fumes etc etc....No brainer for Mike
Old 12-17-2005, 08:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P-DUB
It's such a simple rule; no smelly traction period There's at least 4 or 5 out there. The IIC race in Vegas with 400+ entries was so awesome; No smell, no haze, no headaches from fumes etc etc....No brainer for Mike
How do you catch guys with Paragon in a different container?

Many years ago I was race director at my track for a trophy race. At the time the track had a rule against Paragon. During one of the breaks I found a can of Paragon on the pit table of a racer who is now a very prominent racer with factory backing. Much to his dismay I confiscated the can of Paragon.

What I didn't know was all of the racers in the Pro class were using Paragon but they hid it in TQ8 cans.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Something doesn't quite add up... the news release says the cans were sold between '89 and '95 - surely recalling cans sold in that period shouldn't affect supply right now?

Unless there is a typo in the newswire???
Old 12-17-2005, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
Something doesn't quite add up... the news release says the cans were sold between '89 and '95 - surely recalling cans sold in that period shouldn't affect supply right now?

Unless there is a typo in the newswire???
Maybe they were only quoting sales figures. I don't think the packaging has changed so that is why it could affect the supply right now.
Boomer
Old 12-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

doesn't anybody look at the date

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml96/96025.html

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

November 17, 1995

(301) 504-7046
Release # 96-025

CPSC, Paragon Racing Products, Inc. Announce Recall Of Ground Effects Tire Traction Compound

WASHINGTON, D.C. - In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Paragon Racing Products, Inc.of Waconia, Minn., is voluntarily recalling approximately 75,000 4 - and 8-fluid ounce containers of Ground Effects Tire Traction Compound. The product, which contains methyl salicylate, was not packaged with child- resistant closures. The product is toxic and can cause serious injury or death if it is accidentally ingested.

that's old news.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
doesn't anybody look at the date

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

November 17, 1995

(301) 504-7046
Release # 96-025
Sorry that wasnt in the original post
Old 12-17-2005, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

that's wasn't directed at you boomer as I figured you read it on this thread.

you got room for my webcam and stuff at the novak race. I'm coming up to watch.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
that's wasn't directed at you boomer as I figured you read it on this thread.

you got room for my webcam and stuff at the novak race. I'm coming up to watch.
I will check with Scotty when he gets back. I will get back to you about it

Boomer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.