R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   GP BATTERIES WORLD CUP 2005 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/93980-gp-batteries-world-cup-2005-a.html)

kentech 12-17-2005 12:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
Anyone found any other pics, particularly of the track. The one on official site isnt great , infield looks pretty twisty, not many overtaking spots.

pic source: http://www.overrc.com/

Scotty Ernst 12-17-2005 07:23 AM

What an impressive run in the last heat of qualifing. Martin Hudy drove the race of his life. He started 2nd behind Marc Rheinard and drove a perfect race. He caught Marc, Marc hit a dot,let Martin pass, and Martin made no mistakes during the last 3 min. Even with Marc right on his bumper. An awsome diplay of driving and sportsmanship by both drivers. Now the top 32 transfer to the World Cup division which will consist of 4 heats of 8 racers running 6 rounds of Heads up on the tone racing. Similiar to the Reedy Race format. It will make for some great exciting racing. The rest of the racers who did not make the top 32 cut will continue with 2 more rounds of qualifing as a normal race format with top 10 making the A and so on. Any chance I get to do an update, I will.
Later,
Scotty

P-DUB 12-17-2005 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
What an impressive run in the last heat of qualifing. Martin Hudy drove the race of his life. He started 2nd behind Marc Rheinard and drove a perfect race. He caught Marc, Marc hit a dot,let Martin pass, and Martin made no mistakes during the last 3 min. Even with Marc right on his bumper. An awsome diplay of driving and sportsmanship by both drivers. Now the top 32 transfer to the World Cup division which will consist of 4 heats of 8 racers running 6 rounds of Heads up on the tone racing. Similiar to the Reedy Race format. It will make for some great exciting racing. The rest of the racers who did not make the top 32 cut will continue with 2 more rounds of qualifing as a normal race format with top 10 making the A and so on. Any chance I get to do an update, I will.
Later,
Scotty

Way to go Scotty...Keep up the great work and tell Teemu I said "Go get em!!!"

PW

EAMotorsports 12-17-2005 11:03 AM

WOW...am I the only one that noticed in the pictures that they run backwards? Maybe they are practicing for the snowbirds :lol: :lol:

Looks like a great event. With Scotty in charge I am sure it's awesome!!

EA

RC Scoring Pro 12-17-2005 11:32 AM

http://worldcup.rcworld.ch/bbk/reor2.htm

They are using Reedy Race scoring, which is like MotoCross.

Rheinard has 2 - 1 1 => 2 Points, 1st and 1st.

EAMotorsports 12-17-2005 11:35 AM

He has a 2 and a 4 place finish....6 points total. Just like the reedy race. 1 point for 1st, 2 for 2nd, etc.

EA

Jon Kerr 12-17-2005 11:41 AM

Teemu in a 3way tie for second. Go Teemu! :cool:

Anders Myrberg 12-17-2005 11:55 AM

Go Martin & Jilles! New car seems to be a very good one :nod:

Hodapp 12-17-2005 05:04 PM

Bite my tongue!.....

Wild Cherry 12-17-2005 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Hodapp
Bite my tongue!.....

Your getting smart.... ;)

Hodapp 12-17-2005 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Your getting smart.... ;)

You know what I am biting my tongue for!.....Don't ya!!!!
ROFL!!!! Im LOVIN IT!!!!!!

AdrianM 12-17-2005 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Hodapp
You know what I am biting my tongue for!.....Don't ya!!!!
ROFL!!!! Im LOVIN IT!!!!!!

Would it be better if he were 10th and finished 10 :sneaky: :lol:

Hodapp 12-17-2005 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Would it be better if he were 10th and finished 10 :sneaky: :lol:

what are you talking about????? :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird:

Pro Models 12-18-2005 09:35 AM

Quote from original site.
18.12.2005/11.30 - Fantastic race: Spashett, Rheinard, Stocker
In race 9 of the World Cup class Marc Rheinard, David Spashett and Alexander Stocker had a thrilling fight - it was so nice that we have to show it to you! In the middle of the race Spashett made a fantastic move in front of Marc and Alex.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I wouldn't consider such over taking manouvers from Rheinard as a clean move on Spashett especially his last move on Stocker, stange to see that he didn't let him pass again once he barged his way through. Such a manouver at my club would surely call for a stop and go and we are no pros :weird:

TadehI 12-18-2005 09:53 AM

Yes I agree but that sort of passing is allowed. For example at the '05 Reedy Race Hara and Offroad ace Cavalleri were in the same heat every time HARA came to lap him hara side swiped cavalleri's car this is legal. You just can't spin them around (ie fish tale them).