Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ceramic bearings and diff balls

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

YES USE THE SEARCH FUNCUTION WITH AN ADVANCED SEARCH BY THREAD ONLY.....

Now a quick reply to this is...One...
By the way you asked on your other threads I will assume that you haven't been racing for a long time... Not a put down just an observation...
Now when getting started in this hobby/sport you first really need to consentrate on your driving, learning your car, grasping the fundimentals of setup (I.E. Go and buy the XXXmain Touring Car setup guild...so much usefull information that can really help you understand how and what changes to your car that will make it proform better) Then when you have gotten to that point where you are getting very consistant with your car and haven't been able to get your lap times down then worry about the high dollar hop ups...Heck wait till you are very consistant to even worry about those high dollar batteries.
There are guys still beating me on occasion with stick packs...Driving the car consistantly fast is more important than all the best high dollar stuff...Trust me I have all the high dollar stuff and I am bearly able to ultilize them.
Ceramic bearings are great but they are not going to lead to major lap time decreases.
The one thing I think Ceramic Bearings are great for is longivity They last a very long time in non pressure areas...
I have mine on the Diffs, the Layshaft, and the steering linkage...
The axcel bearings are stock steel balls due to the pressure the bearings are under they can get smacked by other drivers or if you hit anything with your tires turned...Most times I go through about a set of axcel bearings every three to four months and that gets real pricy for ceramics there when I saw no lap time decreases with the stock bearings over the ceramics. Plus if you really work at cleaning and maintaning your stock bearings you can make them just as free as ceramics.
If you have more questions that you need answered and search feature is turning up weird results..PM someone on here that you think is knowledgable.
I am not a guru but I have either read the answer somewhere or know where to find the information.
Heck I could even find you the threads...I am crafty like that...Just PM me the topics you would like...Trust me very few topics haven't been covered.
Or PM someone you think is going to give you honest information.
There are alot of guys who post misleading information..Be carefull...
-Shookie <><
Old 12-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

C'mon guys, don't offend eachother. Forums are the right place to meet new people and make new friends! Now back to the topic: if you open the website of Boca Bearings you'll see they offer different sets of ceramic ball bearing types. For my MR4TC SD LCG there are 3 or 4 types of Ceramic bearing ranging from $169,95 to $194,95. Now that's a lot of money. I recommend for clubraces the ultraseals by Boca for your car. They are frictionfree and developed for high rpm usage. That's good enough for clubracing! I have them in my M18 (1/18 Xray) and they are value for money. Now valavala is also offering cheaper ceramic bearings but are they the same quality like the more expensiver ones? Hope this info will help to make your decision to buy ceramics or not. Good luck!
Old 12-13-2005, 04:20 AM
Tech Regular

sorry but i searched i really did. but i dont now how to use the advanced searche and if i did search the normal way then because of my english it would take 3 years to read it all threw
Old 12-13-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

mr.shookie i´ve been racing for 3 years but i havent got the chance to buy good electric equipment i have all way had a good car but the rest has been on a lower level. i had ceramic bearings in my tc3 but i couldnt really feel the differens but i thought that now i have orderet for about 800$ then i would allso be sure that my car is "top tuned" thats why i made this thread and the other ones but now all my equiptment has been orderet so i will not make another thread for some time
Old 12-13-2005, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rasmus TbEvo IV
sorry but i searched i really did. but i dont now how to use the advanced searche and if i did search the normal way then because of my english it would take 3 years to read it all threw
Don't say sorry to anyone on this thread. Especially for the jerk who can't shut up or even give good advice. (quote) I've alread ansewered this question on ten other treads. Then skip this tread. You sound like just another crap talker.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

thanks juan