Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
What stock motor brushes are you guys useing now? >

What stock motor brushes are you guys useing now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What stock motor brushes are you guys useing now?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Shookie I now break all my motors in for 30 minutes. I ususally set it 10 minutes...let it cool. 10 more let it cool....check the brushes and if done great. if not run 10 more minutes. Sometimes a slight skim of the com is needed when breaking in for this long. I believe that if you follow this procedure you will end up having to gear up a tooth or two because you will gain overall power.

Granted I cant always devote this much time to my motors so there are times that it gets 10 minutes and then 2 qualifiers. As long as the brushes don't change color, you will be hella fast.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can somebody give me the website for putnam brushes please ?

I have been looking and haven't found anything yet

Thanks
Old 12-12-2005, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

do you want info on the brushes? or where to buy them.. if you want to know where to buy them click the link.. its one of the cheapest places i know of to get them..

http://www.lefthander-rc.com/catalog/index.php
Old 12-13-2005, 12:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

There are a few of places that carry putnam brushes,primarily your oval hobby shops,there's, MurdockRC,RC4LESS,Lefthander and Hank is carrying them as well over on hobbytalk go to the hobbyshopper section.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bazzer
Can somebody give me the website for putnam brushes please ?

I have been looking and haven't found anything yet

Thanks
http://www.putnampropulsion.com/putnam_news.htm
Old 12-13-2005, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

www.teambrood.com

At this time, only the greens are in stock....the blue and red versions have been on back order for a while....

Later EddieO
Old 12-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey folks.
Some input from Denmark.

I se some interesting stuff here.
It seems like a lot of you realy like the F-brush.
I have also tried them. Think the motors go crazy, for the first batt. and then its more moderet at the secound. But after the secound batt. the seration is gone and the comm really needs to be taken care of Can any one perhaps give me a clue to why I cant get more then to runs then the comm is all "black"
Also think I'm one of the only ones here in DK who runs these from time to time.

Most here in Denmark are running green/green putnams with purple springs on our stock motors.
I get just over 36000 rpms on a much-more motor master, drawing some 8 amps in avr. (this is an 2 year old Fuku-can with a new comm from september)

The F-brush goes crazy on the first run, even after having run it in. Been up past 52000 rpms an max amp was just over 22...
Secound time it was down around 36000 rpm and around 9 amp avr.

Also fairly glad for the 767s. Good overall brush.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by Nielsen
Hey folks.
Some input from Denmark.

I have also tried them. Think the motors go crazy, for the first batt. and then its more moderet at the secound. But after the secound batt. the seration is gone and the comm really needs to be taken care of Can any one perhaps give me a clue to why I cant get more then to runs then the comm is all "black"
Also think I'm one of the only ones here in DK who runs these from time to time.

Most here in Denmark are running green/green putnams with purple springs on our stock motors.
I get just over 36000 rpms on a much-more motor master, drawing some 8 amps in avr. (this is an 2 year old Fuku-can with a new comm from september)

The F-brush goes crazy on the first run, even after having run it in. Been up past 52000 rpms an max amp was just over 22...

what spring combo for F brush when you runthem ??

767`s are good
Old 12-14-2005, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

well there must still be some "bad" f brushes out there, thought i would give them a test and they lasted about 3 minutes for me. and thats in two different motors. switched back to the aggressive 20 % silvers. yea yea i know, you guys have no idea what i'm talking about. pm me with your address and a few of you may get some in the mail.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

There was a bad batch of Fbrush....the brush company switched the material grade or something.....if you contact finishline, they will replace them if you have any left....

The ones I have work great....

Later EddieO
Old 12-14-2005, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
Good cause I just bought ten pair from you.

EddieO, the brushes you ship in all your Pro Stock motors are 767's correct?
Old 12-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
well there must still be some "bad" f brushes out there, thought i would give them a test and they lasted about 3 minutes for me. and thats in two different motors. switched back to the aggressive 20 % silvers. yea yea i know, you guys have no idea what i'm talking about. pm me with your address and a few of you may get some in the mail.
How long ago did you purchase them and from where? The bad batch was only out there for about 2 months. There were only around 1500 pair sold. Most all of them have been accounted for and replaced by Finish line.

EA
Old 12-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
There was a bad batch of Fbrush....the brush company switched the material grade or something.....if you contact finishline, they will replace them if you have any left....

Later EddieO
Hey Eddie,

I think the ones he gave us at cleveland are the best ones yet....But he didnt change anything on them. Mine are working excellent so far!!

EA
Old 12-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nielsen
Hey folks.
Some input from Denmark.

Did you say 52k RPMs?! On a stock motor??? All of my fast stock motors with putnam brushes only get about 40-42rpm's on my indi dyno1 at 7.2v and I thought that was quick! Will that motor continue to run at 50k+ RPMs for an entire race or at least somewhere in the high 40k rpms? If it does, I think I need to try these brushes!
Old 12-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

7.2v??? I only hit em at 6v

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.