Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by berserk
good day to all,

I have a TT-01 kit, and I race it on an asphalt surface, my problem is it is very hard to control during turning and cornering, the rear end usually skids out of control. im using a stock oil shocks and tamiya radial tires. can anyone please help me solve this problem?
Lot's of things could be at issue; but the most probable is that when you let off the throttle (slowing into a turn) the front end of the car dips and weight comes off the rear wheels lessening traction and it swings around. Very common set up issue.

Solutions are to make the front end stiffer so it doesn't dive or to prevent the rear from coming up (either shifting weight towards the rear, or adjusting the rear droop (if you have it) so that the rear can't travel as far up).

On driving style, might want to experiment with how you take turns. Letting off earlier but then staying on throttle through the turns may pull you the turn without the front diving while the car is turning.

Easiest solution is to try stiffer springs in the front, practice the turns without completely being off throttle, try the more exotic stuff later.

[edit]: Missed the part on tires; kit tires won't have traction. RP30, Take-off 27, Sorex 36, with traction compound are musts where I race on asphalt. Watch some of the racers that don't have this problem, ask what tires/sauce they use. Ask how they control throttle through different points of the course.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks! ive used the hard spring on the front. and soft at the rear, the handling improves slightly but still not perfect, i have no problem with this when i am using the silver can motor, but now im using the tamiya super stock rz motor.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

@berserk

Try also adding the 2degree rear upright. It should calm down the rear end.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 32819toon
Would packing the cups with thick grease or even silicone rubber solve the slack drive shaft fitting ?
Try wrapping the ends of the shaft with tape. (cellotape)
Obviously poke the steel pins through the tape.

Kevin
Old 04-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by berserk
good day to all,

I have a TT-01 kit, and I race it on an asphalt surface, my problem is it is very hard to control during turning and cornering, the rear end usually skids out of control. im using a stock oil shocks and tamiya radial tires. can anyone please help me solve this problem?
Everyone is correct, stiffer at front, rear toe.
One of the things to note about the TT01's :
The Race (R) version, is comes fitted with the TT01D B parts which allow setting of downstops and consequently droop.
The Drift version although it come with the TT01D B parts, does not have the droop screws fitted. The TT01D makes a great drifter in part because of the rear's tendency to lift and break traction.

Droop adjustment is the solution for correcting the taily backend under breaks.

FYI I run:
Front - stiffest stabiliser, blue springs 53440, ~4mm droop, and the shocks are mounted at the top where the body posts attach.
Rear - lightest stabiliser, yellow springs 53440, ~ 2mm droop (barely), and the shocks are mounted at the top in the default position.

At both ends, I mount the shocks at the widest point on the TT01D B parts arms.

Cheers

Kevin
Old 05-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Default BEARING SIZE

Hello all driver...may i know what size for all bearing onboard kit and how many if i want change it?...cause original one not use bearing.thanks.
Ples PM me if ur all have idea.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Semut,

Where do you live? TT-01 bearings can be bought from various places, but depending on where you live some are easier to get than others.

www.towerhobbies.com has them, as well as ebay. But if you let us know where you live (country) then we can be more specific.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by semut api
Hello all driver...may i know what size for all bearing onboard kit and how many if i want change it?...cause original one not use bearing.thanks.
Ples PM me if ur all have idea.
hi there!
there are a few bearings in the TT01. best to check the manual - if you dont have it try downloading from tamiya.com.

if i can remember correctly, TT01 uses only 2 types of bearings : 1050 and a larger ones for the diffs. (1050 - 10mm outer diameter, 5mm inner diameter, 4mm thickness).

or call up Tamiya Underground!
Old 05-02-2008, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mooshu Beef
Hey Semut,

Where do you live? TT-01 bearings can be bought from various places, but depending on where you live some are easier to get than others.

www.towerhobbies.com has them, as well as ebay. But if you let us know where you live (country) then we can be more specific.
I am from Malaysia, thanks ur support.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by doriftu
hi there!
there are a few bearings in the TT01. best to check the manual - if you dont have it try downloading from tamiya.com.

if i can remember correctly, TT01 uses only 2 types of bearings : 1050 and a larger ones for the diffs. (1050 - 10mm outer diameter, 5mm inner diameter, 4mm thickness).

or call up Tamiya Underground!
Thanks ur suuport.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

www.rcmart.com

and

http://www.rcmarket.com.hk/

Are both in HK, and should get to you well. Shipping MIGHT be a little pricy, but I am not sure since you are closer to HK than the US is.

Hope those help

Here is the specific TT01 stuff on rcmart: http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/advanc...&keywords=TT01
Old 05-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Interesting...
I run the CF chassis and my setup is quite the opposite.
Front: yellow springs + yellow stabiliser, 2 degree camber, 1 degree toe-out, 2mm droop, ball diff about 1/3 tight.
Rear: blue springs + blue stabiliser, 1 degree camber, zero toe, 2mm droop.
I think it also depends on your driving style. As I approach a corner on a high friction track I brake before turning in. This transfers the weight to the front. Then I keep 1/3 -1/2 throttle throughout the turn and floor it as soon as the car is straight again. The car runs planted and is very predictable.

If I brake in the turn, then the back breaks away (oversteer). I use this technique on a low - medium friction track in combination with a one way bearing at the front (without any other setup changes). As soon as the car oversteers I give it full throttle to let the front wheels pull it out of the turn. This makes for great high speed drifts.

Originally Posted by kavadni
Everyone is correct, stiffer at front, rear toe.
One of the things to note about the TT01's :
The Race (R) version, is comes fitted with the TT01D B parts which allow setting of downstops and consequently droop.
The Drift version although it come with the TT01D B parts, does not have the droop screws fitted. The TT01D makes a great drifter in part because of the rear's tendency to lift and break traction.

Droop adjustment is the solution for correcting the taily backend under breaks.

FYI I run:
Front - stiffest stabiliser, blue springs 53440, ~4mm droop, and the shocks are mounted at the top where the body posts attach.
Rear - lightest stabiliser, yellow springs 53440, ~ 2mm droop (barely), and the shocks are mounted at the top in the default position.

At both ends, I mount the shocks at the widest point on the TT01D B parts arms.

Cheers

Kevin
Old 05-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Another quality post by brrrrrm

Does anyone have both TB-02 and TT-01? I am curious as to how different they are--since I know there are parts that are compatable from the TB evo series on the 02--something that is rather attractive as more adjustable parts are available...
Old 05-05-2008, 04:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by brrrrm
Interesting...
I run the CF chassis and my setup is quite the opposite.
Front: yellow springs + yellow stabiliser, 2 degree camber, 1 degree toe-out, 2mm droop, ball diff about 1/3 tight.
Rear: blue springs + blue stabiliser, 1 degree camber, zero toe, 2mm droop.
I think it also depends on your driving style. As I approach a corner on a high friction track I brake before turning in. This transfers the weight to the front. Then I keep 1/3 -1/2 throttle throughout the turn and floor it as soon as the car is straight again. The car runs planted and is very predictable.

If I brake in the turn, then the back breaks away (oversteer). I use this technique on a low - medium friction track in combination with a one way bearing at the front (without any other setup changes). As soon as the car oversteers I give it full throttle to let the front wheels pull it out of the turn. This makes for great high speed drifts.
Hi brrrrm,
how does you c/f tt01 compare with other touring cars ? is it competitive ? I'm interested in hopping up my car with a c/f chassis, but my club mates are disuading me by saying it would still be a tt01 !!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Forget about all the upgrades. Just spend your money on practice time. There is no upgrade better than wheel time.

A plain old base TT01 kit took the overall win in a mixed endurance class yesterday on the blacktop. Two classes were run, F103 and GT. The GT class was a mix of TT01, TA05 and TA04. 417 laps later, the base TT01 won by 10 laps over the second place F103. No hops ups on that car, just lots of wheel time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.