Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 03:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jay568424
wow your correct, its the motor programed in aggressive setting.
and yes it is sensor less

thank you so much, i just make it to normal setup

so happy to drift sideways hard

heheheh

thank u again

Hehe!

u'r welcome! Good drifting
Old 05-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default Budget, Budget, Budget!

Okay so I really want to try to make the TCS Race this month.

I have a couple of question and wanted some opinion -

1) Do you believe its worth it to get an older TT-01 and update it to Type E status, if the cost is comparable to buying a TT-01 Type E kit?

2) What do you believe are the minimums for competition? I have seen Race Buck's adventure with the original TT-01 chassis and he mention ball bearings and oil shocks, but that he finish (driver mod) fairly well in B-Main GT3 with B2 tires I believe.

What about only using bearings in the wheels only if that's all I could afford?

3) The Enzo TT-01 kit is by far the cheapest, its listed for under $100 on several sites but its the original chassis and I have never liked how the Enzo body looks, do you think somebody would be willing to buy it sans the rest of the kit? Its hard to gauge popularity of things like this.

Thanks
Old 05-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Adept

hey guys,
its ryan here. sorry for the subject change, but i finally got my hands on the f201 speed gear set (52t spur gear).i went to pepboys today after going to ultimate hobbies to buy my gears. oh as i was saying i bought the file to sand down the gear to make it so that the spur gear wont rub on the chassis, but i am not sure what pinion gear to use. what will fit? im putting it into my tto1. and if anyone has any tips or advice please do
Old 05-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

oh and i need a 27 and 28t pinion gears. i have no idea how and where to get those. because tamiya has to be all complicated and make them in 48 pitch METRIC:/. where can i get 48 pitch metric pinion gears (27 and 28t)?
Old 05-03-2010, 05:00 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

HPI has them. They make them for the E10. You can go to HPI's site under hop ups for the E10 and get the stock numbers.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MD
HPI has them. They make them for the E10. You can go to HPI's site under hop ups for the E10 and get the stock numbers.
thanks! i found them.
i think might order them.
cant wait to put on my 52 spur with my 28 pinion.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mytto1
hey guys,
its ryan here. sorry for the subject change, but i finally got my hands on the f201 speed gear set (52t spur gear).i went to pepboys today after going to ultimate hobbies to buy my gears. oh as i was saying i bought the file to sand down the gear to make it so that the spur gear wont rub on the chassis, but i am not sure what pinion gear to use. what will fit? im putting it into my tto1. and if anyone has any tips or advice please do
whered you find a 52t spur???? I could only find a 55t... reveal your secret!!!! PLEASE!! lol

and djformoney I was actually looking at the TSC rules today bc I'm thinkin about getting a GT1 car setup later down the road. personally I'd choose the type E kit if you want to go that direction instead of upgrading a older TT unless you already have the TT. bearings in on the wheels would help with drag but your gonna end up losing that extra power to the wheels with standard bushings through out the drive line. the Enzo is a great kit. its the one I bought and I've modified it to be TSC illegal with the yeah racing kit and 17.5 motor but it gets the job done in RCGT but to be honest it did a great job almost just as good stock. I agree the body doesn't look the greatest which is why I never used it but so bodiest aren't really that expensive depending on manufacturer. def check the TSC rules bc there's a lot in there that goes down the the screws you use. hope I could help!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MostWanted4TEC
whered you find a 52t spur???? I could only find a 55t... reveal your secret!!!! PLEASE!! lol

and djformoney I was actually looking at the TSC rules today bc I'm thinkin about getting a GT1 car setup later down the road. personally I'd choose the type E kit if you want to go that direction instead of upgrading a older TT unless you already have the TT. bearings in on the wheels would help with drag but your gonna end up losing that extra power to the wheels with standard bushings through out the drive line. the Enzo is a great kit. its the one I bought and I've modified it to be TSC illegal with the yeah racing kit and 17.5 motor but it gets the job done in RCGT but to be honest it did a great job almost just as good stock. I agree the body doesn't look the greatest which is why I never used it but so bodiest aren't really that expensive depending on manufacturer. def check the TSC rules bc there's a lot in there that goes down the the screws you use. hope I could help!
Thanks it does...
Old 05-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MostWanted4TEC

my secret is the f201 spur gear speed set. the f201 actually uses the same type of spur gear as the tto1. but in order to make it fit you will have to sand something down. i not to sure how to explain it but all i know is that the thickness of it needs to be shaved down or sanded. i honestly think it will be worth it even it requires some work. i actually finished mine and it fits without rubbing on the chassis. oh yeah it will rub on your chassis if you do not do anyhting to the spur. i havent ran it yet because im waiting on my pinion gears to get to me. i oredered the 27, 28, and 31 teeth pinion gears. im not to sure if the 31 will be compatable with the ttto1 but its worth a try. if not the 27 or 28 works. in my opinion it wasnt that hard. im only 15 and i did iti hope this helped.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:28 AM
knd
Tech Initiate

my secret is the f201 spur gear speed set. the f201 actually uses the same type of spur gear as the tto1. but in order to make it fit you will have to sand something down. i not to sure how to explain it but all i know is that the thickness of it needs to be shaved down or sanded. i honestly think it will be worth it even it requires some work. i actually finished mine and it fits without rubbing on the chassis. oh yeah it will rub on your chassis if you do not do anyhting to the spur. i havent ran it yet because im waiting on my pinion gears to get to me. i oredered the 27, 28, and 31 teeth pinion gears. im not to sure if the 31 will be compatable with the ttto1 but its worth a try. if not the 27 or 28 works. in my opinion it wasnt that hard. im only 15 and i did iti hope this helped.
what motor are you going to use?
Old 05-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by knd
what motor are you going to use?
i'm actually going to use it with my novak 8.5t first just to see how fast it can go. i like speed, but i also like to parking lot race, and that would be way tooooooo fast basically like cheating. after i know what it can do with my 8.5 im gonna throw in my 17.5. i think with this gearing it would be perfect for parking lot racing. are you thinking about trying the 52 spur?
Old 05-06-2010, 03:35 AM
knd
Tech Initiate

nah,
i only have a SuperStockRZ
Old 05-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Rookie

i'm actually going to use it with my novak 8.5t first just to see how fast it can go. i like speed, but i also like to parking lot race, and that would be way tooooooo fast basically like cheating. after i know what it can do with my 8.5 im gonna throw in my 17.5. i think with this gearing it would be perfect for parking lot racing. are you thinking about trying the 52 spur?
hi!

52 spur / 31 pinion on your tt-01 (wich has 2.6 internal ratio) will give 4,36 final drive ratio.

If you do manage to do this combination, that should be very fast but check for motor temps regularly so that it doesn't overheat as this is a little lower than recommended for 8.5T motor.

(Generally lower the T's on motor, higher the FDR should be)

I use 5,99 FDR with a SP 3.0 9.5T.
It goes very fast ... but not insanely fast.

Last time on a drag while experimenting ESC settings it literally took off (front wind was the problem)

ps: Good battery packs are also very important for good top speed.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hybridM3
hi!

52 spur / 31 pinion on your tt-01 (wich has 2.6 internal ratio) will give 4,36 final drive ratio.

If you do manage to do this combination, that should be very fast but check for motor temps regularly so that it doesn't overheat as this is a little lower than recommended for 8.5T motor.

(Generally lower the T's on motor, higher the FDR should be)

I use 5,99 FDR with a SP 3.0 9.5T.
It goes very fast ... but not insanely fast.

Last time on a drag while experimenting ESC settings it literally took off (front wind was the problem)

ps: Good battery packs are also very important for good top speed.
ok. thank you for the tip. i did notice my motor getting pretty hot pretty quick. i'll keep an eye out for that, and i only run it for like 5 minutes or so. i just want to see how fast it can go.

and this is for everybody.....
i finally tested it out with my 8.5 today and it was flying! i swear if i added wings on it, it would have gotten airborne! it was going 77-80mphs!!
Old 05-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

hy everyone,
for tto1's how often do the differentials strip( rear or front ) at high speeds?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.