R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2005, 04:54 PM   #481
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,964
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Hey Barry what up dude?
__________________
SpeedZone Batteries
steve eaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 05:11 PM   #482
Tech Addict
 
RichChang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 587
Default

I'm actually surprised they even counted his other runs that were adjusted. I know 3 years ago Dan Miles got knocked out of the A-main for stock 1/12th because a house transponder stopped scoring part-way through the qualifier.

They hand counted the rest of his run and it would have put him near the top of the A. However, when the resort for the mains was printed, he was down in the B. They said they would not count his hand-counted run that got him in the A-main.

-Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Baker
any comments I will answer in a professional way......because the people who werent there deserve to know the truth...

Barry
RichChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 05:12 PM   #483
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,049
Default

That's the Barry Baker we all know and admire. Tell it like it is!!!

Who is that blazing Andrew Knapp kid anyway??!!! LoL!!!
http://www.teamtekin.com/Racing%20News.asp
http://www.teamtekin.com/team%20drivers/andrew.jpg
John Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 06:30 PM   #484
Tech Master
 
burgboyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Da 'Burg
Posts: 1,247
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default truth

That's another reason why we admire you Barry...truthsayer!!!
---------inconsistancy sucks!!!
__________________
Got Droop???
Speed Passion....Speed Power....Serpent America/Desoto Racing.
burgboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:01 PM   #485
JKA
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,000
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Baker
...but I do know if I was 10th and not just because he is a teammate but he RAN a time that should have been inthe main...I would have given up my spot because I was 11th quickest.....
Not that I disagree with your point... but I'm calling BS on this statement. lol
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:11 PM   #486
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Pasadena Ca. U.S.A
Posts: 771
Default

Im just saying if I was given the facts and seen them which they had I would have been a man about it and sucked it up(for the most part)and started tq of the B...and I am being honest(I would have thrown a fit but after I saw all the facts) thats the way it would have been.......and I am being honest...believe what I am saying or not its up to all you..

Barry
Barry Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:16 PM   #487
JKA
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,000
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

No worries... just poking fun there Fred. lol
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:20 PM   #488
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKA
No worries... just poking fun there Fred. lol
Better be easy poking the Bear

Hey Barry Im with you....Once they started giving laps they should NOT have stopped!! Its kinda like tech. One day they did it the next they didnt. Biggest race of the year and tech was run worse than club races. A few guys were DQ'd for having stickers on their motors with names on them...pretty rediculous!!

No wonder the Vegas race will be KING next year!!

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:41 PM   #489
Tech Regular
 
Timmy Heiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Iraq
Posts: 419
Default

it was king this year. BEST RACE EVER
Timmy Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:44 PM   #490
Tech Addict
 
RichChang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 587
Default

No way! Are you serious?

-Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
A few guys were DQ'd for having stickers on their motors with names on them
RichChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:51 PM   #491
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Yup. They had about 6 different people running tech through the races and everyone of them did it different. Never inspected motors (that I saw) other than looking for numbers on the can...Which as was told to one person by the tech guy that day "anyone can put numbers on the can with a dremel tool".

One day roof height was checked, next day it wasnt. Wing height was NEVER checked. Batteries were not checked untill the main. Ride height was checked differntly by everyone in tech.

This was my first Champs so my opinion is unbiased since I have never been...Just stating what I seen as a new person to the race. Maybe they should take a hint and pay their guys like the birds and Vegas. At least you would get some consistancy.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 08:01 PM   #492
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,143
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

I really thing Barry would have stepped down if it was him in 10th but technically didn't belong their. Reason being is he has nothing to prove as he has made plenty of big A main races and by moving down and showing sportsmanship he would only have made himself look good and the companies he races for!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 08:04 PM   #493
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

So can we assume that the stock and 19T A main motors were not taken apart?
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 08:43 PM   #494
Moderator
 
StephenSobottka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 3,267
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka
Default

No they were not taken apart. My motor was not taken apart once during the whole weekend of racing. When I TQ'ed last year all they did was check my weight and motor number. Although I was perfectly legit, I couldn't believe they didn't have a more thorough tech crew. At the USTC @ Trackside, we have a full motor and battery check. The motors are torn down to check everything, comm, windings, brushes, hoods, cans. Batteries are teched for diam and length. This is the way tech should be run with a designated motor tech crew.
__________________
~~Stephen Sobottka~~
SMC Racing
StephenSobottka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 08:47 PM   #495
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Baker
Im just saying if I was given the facts and seen them which they had I would have been a man about it and sucked it up(for the most part)and started tq of the B...and I am being honest(I would have thrown a fit but after I saw all the facts) thats the way it would have been.......and I am being honest...believe what I am saying or not its up to all you..

Barry
Guys, this is how Barry is. I'm sure he'd step down and insist that Orr got his spot in the main. That would be a hard call to make. Like someone mentioned, Barry doesn't need to prove anything. We all know he's fast and has proved it time and again. But if it were another driver who's never made a big A main, they may have a hard time doing this and in all honesty, I wouldn't blame them.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas caleracer45 Electric On-Road 2219 01-04-2006 05:46 AM
2005 International Indoor Championships LIVE futureal Electric On-Road 63 09-28-2005 11:59 AM
R/C Tech LIVE at the 2005 Reedy Race of Champions @ Tamiya USA speedxl Electric On-Road 1045 07-18-2005 08:12 PM
R/C Tech Live @ the 2005 Novak US Touring Car Championships futureal Electric On-Road 1079 01-28-2005 03:20 PM
R/C Tech Live @ the 2003 US Indoor Championsions in Cleveland, OH futureal Electric On-Road 479 01-26-2004 07:34 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:56 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net