Search
Like Tree1Likes

Capricorn Lab F1-01

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default F1-02 Review

Thinking of getting the new F1-02. Anyone with experience on this kit? What to watch out for in the build? Any weak spots?
Old 04-25-2018, 09:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah the F-1-02 looks MUCH nicer than this one!! Similar front end design to the Associated and the rear links are up off the chassis now for clearance. It also has the battery available in the back across the chassis. Looks good-- a bit pricey--but would be interesting to see who's gotten one and run it.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Neja
Yeah the F-1-02 looks MUCH nicer than this one!! Similar front end design to the Associated and the rear links are up off the chassis now for clearance. It also has the battery available in the back across the chassis. Looks good-- a bit pricey--but would be interesting to see who's gotten one and run it.
runs great, I've had mine on the track every weekend for the last 6 or 7 weeks, Josh Cyrul has too
Old 04-25-2018, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well the VBC FX 18 is available for $225 delivered to your home--this shows at $370 in Florida--it better be worth $175 more to be delivered here? I've been doing quite well with the FX 18--it's now competitive with the Xray's and Associated cars I'm competing with. I'm not sure I'd spend the extra money---??
Old 04-25-2018, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Neja
Well the VBC FX 18 is available for $225 delivered to your home--this shows at $370 in Florida--it better be worth $175 more to be delivered here? I've been doing quite well with the FX 18--it's now competitive with the Xray's and Associated cars I'm competing with. I'm not sure I'd spend the extra money---??
It may not be as inexpensive as the VBC but it's easily on par with AE and Xray. I got mine on a Monday and raced it that weekend at the Canadian Nationals and qualified 4th in a field of 43+, ended up 5 with triple A's..... a little rough driving, and this was the first time I've ran F1 in about 8 years. only thing I would definitely do is swap out the front springs for AE 1/12th .020 fronts or something similar if running on black carpet. Otherwise I'm still running all stock components.
Tim Neja likes this.