Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDXray
Anyone know of any good websites with EVO III Parts. I had my Surikan laying around and decided to put it back together but i am missing a few things.

Also some place that has a nice 19t Carpet setup.

Thanks

Jon
SpeedtechRC.com

Steve has pretty much everything for them...good prices, too.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by pink pac man
do you rekon aus$270 is a good deal for a evo3 surikarn with the carbon shaft sum spares and wheels
If your gonna buy a somewhat older model Tamiya I'd reccomend a TA04 or TRF414 instead of the Evo3

I thought you had an Xray? Stick with that!
Old 11-05-2004, 01:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

i wanna do up a car for tcs and i dont wanna buy a new chassis for it........+ i have a ta04 but it still has gear diffs and no 1 way/universals etc etc etc. so ive found its cheaper to buy an evo3 from a friend than it is to do up my 04..............and yes i do have an xray and i think ill always have an xray[nothing can replace it]
Old 11-05-2004, 01:21 AM
Tech Adept

I like tb evo 4
Old 11-05-2004, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Turbo Joe
SpeedtechRC.com

Steve has pretty much everything for them...good prices, too.
Thats Turbo Joe. I will look into it.

Jon
Old 11-05-2004, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Anyone know of any good websites with EVO III Parts. I had my Surikan laying around and decided to put it back together but i am missing a few things.

Also some place that has a nice 19t Carpet setup.

Thanks

Jon
Rainbow Ten is another good place to order parts from. They seem to never be out of stock on Tamiya parts.
http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/index.html

just follow the instructions on how to order.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by f1larry
Rainbow Ten is another good place to order parts from. They seem to never be out of stock on Tamiya parts.
http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/index.html

just follow the instructions on how to order.
Thanks but i am gonna try and keep it within the US so shipping isnt too much. Thanks anyways, if it comes down to it i will order from Japan. Thanks

Jon
Old 11-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks but i am gonna try and keep it within the US so shipping isnt too much. Thanks anyways, if it comes down to it i will order from Japan. Thanks

Jon
Jon,

I have found depending on the parts you order they are cheaper, all my orders that I have made with them have come out cheaper even with the shipping than what I could have ordered here. The parts I mostly order from them are replacement parts and hopups and i get the package in 5 days and often times they are delivered on Sundays. You just need to total your order and compare. The advantage with them is they seem to always be in stock on the parts everyone else is always out of.

Larry
Old 11-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by f1larry
Jon,

I have found depending on the parts you order they are cheaper, all my orders that I have made with them have come out cheaper even with the shipping than what I could have ordered here. The parts I mostly order from them are replacement parts and hopups and i get the package in 5 days and often times they are delivered on Sundays. You just need to total your order and compare. The advantage with them is they seem to always be in stock on the parts everyone else is always out of.

Larry
Maybe i should look into that, i am not looking for alot, just like arms and kingpin, pivot cup, etc little things.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Maybe i should look into that, i am not looking for alot, just like arms and kingpin, pivot cup, etc little things.
WHy not just get them from a local hobby shop?
Old 11-05-2004, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Thats exactly the stuff I have ordered. I think the most I paid for shipping was 1200 yen which comes out to be just below 12 dollars. and most of the parts I baught were 1-2 dollars cheaper than anywhere else. If you have questions on what the exact shipping would be on an order just ask them they replay quickly.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by EVOIIIM3
WHy not just get them from a local hobby shop?
Almost none of the Hobby shops here stock any Tamiya parts. The only one close to me is an hour away at Trackside in WI. and they do not always have what I need, because they are sold out.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Larry,

I know you said almost all but, Al's does have a supply of Tamiya parts. It may not be on their pegboard, usually its in their drawers. If they don't have it usually they can get it in 2 days. Chip is usually the master at getting the parts just have the 5 digit Tamiya ## ready and he will check availability for your order.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by A-Ko
Hey Larry,

I know you said almost all but, Al's does have a supply of Tamiya parts. It may not be on their pegboard, usually its in their drawers. If they don't have it usually they can get it in 2 days. Chip is usually the master at getting the parts just have the 5 digit Tamiya ## ready and he will check availability for your order.
Jeff,
Thanks I will have to try there in a pinch. PM me to remind me where they are again.

Thanks,
Larry
Old 11-24-2004, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default Gears & ratio

Does anyone know the internal drive ration of the EVOIII?, and can i use a standard Kimbrough 48 pitch gear on it like from a TC-3, thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.