Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 09:16 AM
Tech Addict

With the shaft being longer, there is less play between the gears, thus you won't strip the gears.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Evo_Uk
im still quite confused how this new shaft is sorting the problem? how i see it the main reason the drive train gets damaged is cos there is no leeway in the prop so no float n so on? how does it fix the problem?

has the gears got any binding?

thanks

Tarnjit
Fitted it in my car and its 100% better than my car has ever been in the past, it has no tight spots and i can only presume that now the front gear is been supported far better by the shaft and its not alowing the gear to move around anymore.

The 2mm extra length will stop the gear rotating on the shaft as it has done in the past due to it now having more contact area with the gear.

The new oneway gears will help stop the gear stripping by having far nore material to stop the gear flexing on the diff. Rick
Old 03-03-2004, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by V12
But donīt forget costs for shipping are counting also for that 45 EUR limit.
As shipping from Asia or US is very expensive 45 EUR arenīt very much.
For a small package you normally pay between 10 and 15US$ for shipping (from Hongkong). A shop from Hongkong wants <4$ for shipping a GPM alloy shaft to Germany(don't know for what model though, just wanted to check out the shipping for a similar item)

Last edited by hemi426; 03-03-2004 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

oh thats very good rick! looks like my 3 piece is going up for sale....

1 PIECE ALL THE WAY
Old 03-03-2004, 11:36 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rick

that Team Bomber looks very promising from a optical view and because of the low weight.
how much costs this shaft and what diameter does it have?
I found the stock Tamiya shaft isnīt exactly 6mm in diameter but about 5,8mm so there is a little play in the bearing.
Itīs maybe because a 6mm shaft could block when the chassis twists.

Iīm still using the kitīs original shaft and also the little pinion gear had to be replaced once only.
It has at least 100 runs on it with still a tight fit on the shaft.
Maybe this is because Iīm using the Square gearboxes beside the Jürgen oneway and the additional bearing in the A8 front plastic block.
I think this way the shaft is much better supported and isnīt wobbling around.
But the 2mm longer shaft in the front will be even better.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by Cobra81li200
With the shaft being longer, there is less play between the gears, thus you won't strip the gears.
Sorry Cobra, but that's wrong.

The reason it is reducing the amount of broken gears is because the original shaft allowed the pinion gear in the front transmission to not only strip, but it would deflect or cock sideways because there wasn't enough support near the gear closest to the diff. Now that they are making the shafts longer they enter the pinion gear deeper and therefore stop the gear from deflcting sideways and stripping the oneway gear in the same motion. This is why my fix that I posted a few months ago worked, because it stopped the pinion gear from deflecting. For you guys that have the longer shafts you no longer need to pin the gear to the shaft, but you should still shim the bearing. If you shim the bearing you won't need more bearings in the A8 block or a Jurgen oneway or any of that stuff.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default TB02

I hope some of you have heard of the new TB-02 chassis cars that have just come out from Tamiya. This is the new tub chassis for the budget racer and isbased on the EVOII (which is the reason why I'm going to ask this question).

What I would like to know if any of you have any experience with this or own one, and if you know if any of the chassis pieces from the EVO III will fit the TB-02 (including the base chassis plate, top plate, etc.)
I know that some hop up parts will fit along with the carbon shock towers...but what about the other carbon plate pieces?

Please help!!!
Old 03-03-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

00SilverSleeper: There is a TB02 thread here on rctech with loads of information. Look for it and you will find answers to your questions.
Old 03-03-2004, 03:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: TB02

Originally posted by 00SilverSleeper
I hope some of you have heard of the new TB-02 chassis cars that have just come out from Tamiya. This is the new tub chassis for the budget racer and isbased on the EVOII (which is the reason why I'm going to ask this question).

What I would like to know if any of you have any experience with this or own one, and if you know if any of the chassis pieces from the EVO III will fit the TB-02 (including the base chassis plate, top plate, etc.)
I know that some hop up parts will fit along with the carbon shock towers...but what about the other carbon plate pieces?

Please help!!!
Well, there IS a TB-02 forum on here. There are not many other carbon pieces ON the car, the Upper deck, the chassis, the shocktowers, the steering linkage, the battery strap, and the bumper brace. Although the car is just a plastic version of the TB EVO, it still has much more flex than the EVO, making the car push. If you are planning to race the car in TCS GT2/GT3 classes, I would recomend buying an EVOIII then buying the TB-02 tub chassis for $15...
Old 03-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

To convert an Evo to a "Super TB-02", you'll need the tub, the bellcranks, the motor mount, and 1 10x6mm bearing. Here's the Link for the TB-02 Thread

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=24245
Old 03-03-2004, 05:52 PM
DZ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by jeffreylin
Before you try lifting the block, try running with less toe-in and harder spring in the rear and/or softer spring in front.
I'll try this, but just out of curiosity what does lifting the rear toe in block achieve..
Old 03-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Talking Re: Re: jurgen one way

Originally posted by jeffreylin
You can email him directly. PM me with your email address and I will email his address to you.
thanks for the info! He had (1) one way and 2 spools, so I bought one of each. Figured I could use the spool when I race carpet!
Old 03-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: jurgen one way

Originally posted by hierog
thanks for the info! He had (1) one way and 2 spools, so I bought one of each. Figured I could use the spool when I race carpet!
where did you get your jurgen one way?i want one.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: jurgen one way

Originally posted by tony q
where did you get your jurgen one way?i want one.
go here: http://www.swebs.dk/

go to Articles, Test, and then Email him. It doesn't sound like he has many on hand at one time!

vic
Old 03-04-2004, 11:57 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: jurgen one way

Originally posted by hierog
go here: http://www.swebs.dk/

go to Articles, Test, and then Email him. It doesn't sound like he has many on hand at one time!

vic
Itīs true you could see pictures and a little test there but that website is private and belongs to a driver from Denmark. It doesnīt belong to the guy who makes the oneway.

If you are interested in a oneway please send me a PM. I will direct you to that guy.
You can only buy this oneway from the guy who makes them. Heīs from Germany but he ships international too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.