Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Difuser

Rod did Taka have anything cool on his desk?
Taka had an incubator of 415's going on top of his desk. I think he's working on them, or else the drivers are using his desk as their storage space I feel bad because we were supposed to hang out with Taka one night but everybody was so burned...the next day we were supposed to stop by again but he wasn't there. Doh. Also sorry for not calling, I'm still constantly tired and haven't had much energy for anything.

TJ, I'm not exactly positive on the number of shims to use. I believe that most gearboxes are different from each other and the shimming will vary from case to case.
Old 11-30-2003, 12:37 AM
Tech Adept

For first Rod you did it great in Japan, and also my friend Mark and Ronald you must post your setup when you have time boy!
On the other hand, thatīs a question for the UK evo drivers, we are gonna race on a polished floor soon, and we are gonna use Schumacher minipins as control tires, but anybody could give me a setup for that kind of surface? thank you very much in advance!
Old 11-30-2003, 02:10 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

TRF_SPAIN
That polished floor seems a slippery track to me. I would go for a frontdiff and C or D rear toe in blocks. Donīt know exactly for springs but soft ones for sure.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:21 AM
Tech Adept

Hi V12 yep really slippery! but those english guys run in there frecuently! so they must have lots of setups , please send me an email to [email protected] thanks
Old 11-30-2003, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's all good...speculation can be fun hehe

TRF_Spain, thanks for the kind words. Team Europe was really cool especially Johnny Boy. The German guys, Mark and Ron Ron were always wrenching on their cars when we went drinking at night...and still wrenching when we got back. They earned the win while I kinda wheeled my car into a 3rd hehe.

Look at what I won:
Yay! I won something!
Old 11-30-2003, 09:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec

TRF_Spain, thanks for the kind words. Team Europe was really cool especially Johnny Boy. The German guys, Mark and Ron Ron were always wrenching on their cars when we went drinking at night...and still wrenching when we got back. They earned the win while I kinda wheeled my car into a 3rd hehe.

Look at what I won:
Yay! I won something!
Damn Rod, nice prize
Old 11-30-2003, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Default One-way, once-more! :D

Hi guys,

After I bought my EVO III Surikarn, I was quite concerned about the state of the one-way problem, but after having driven the car (and at walls for that matter ) I've not been able to break mine.

Does this problem affect the Surikarn?

As I run on a very tight circuit, then I have a lot of bumps and bangs with objects which don't move too easily. My bodywork looks a little worse-for-wear, but other than that, I'm really happy with the strength of my car.

Just need to improve my driving, now

Cheers, Mark.
Old 11-30-2003, 10:13 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec

Look at what I won:
Yay! I won something!
Rod, seems you got the main price
Really nice
Old 11-30-2003, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: One-way, once-more! :D

Originally posted by markp27
Hi guys,

After I bought my EVO III Surikarn, I was quite concerned about the state of the one-way problem, but after having driven the car (and at walls for that matter ) I've not been able to break mine.

Does this problem affect the Surikarn?

As I run on a very tight circuit, then I have a lot of bumps and bangs with objects which don't move too easily. My bodywork looks a little worse-for-wear, but other than that, I'm really happy with the strength of my car.

Just need to improve my driving, now

Cheers, Mark.
Mark, I too have the surikarn and I am having lots of issues with the front one-way. The problem is not the diff gear as the surikarn version has a graphite backing plate to keep it straight, but rather the input bevel gear that's taking the hit now. You should open your front gear box and exam whether the gear is bent or if the notch is stripped. Since the car will run until it's completely stripped, you may not know unless you open it up.
Old 11-30-2003, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: One-way, once-more! :D

Originally posted by jeffreylin
Mark, I too have the surikarn and I am having lots of issues with the front one-way. The problem is not the diff gear as the surikarn version has a graphite backing plate to keep it straight, but rather the input bevel gear that's taking the hit now. You should open your front gear box and exam whether the gear is bent or if the notch is stripped. Since the car will run until it's completely stripped, you may not know unless you open it up.
I see, thanks for the info. On one of the German forums I visit, a fix was suggested that a bearing should be placed into the support which is just in front of the front gear housing. This is so that the drive-shaft (front to rear) is supported and doesn't "waggle". All who have tried the fix claim that they haven't had any more problems with the one-way.

I'll check my gear-box after I've been to the track on tuesday.

Thanks, Mark.
Old 11-30-2003, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: One-way, once-more! :D

Originally posted by markp27
I see, thanks for the info. On one of the German forums I visit, a fix was suggested that a bearing should be placed into the support which is just in front of the front gear housing. This is so that the drive-shaft (front to rear) is supported and doesn't "waggle". All who have tried the fix claim that they haven't had any more problems with the one-way.

I'll check my gear-box after I've been to the track on tuesday.

Thanks, Mark.
Mark, I thought about this exact fix but I am not sure how I can keep the bearing there short of gluing it there. I think it's important that the bearing stays true otherwise it will affect the front even more. If you know how this could be done I's sure like to try it! Thanks, Jeff
Old 11-30-2003, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Guys I tested again last night and the fix on the front oneway worked great. It's pretty simple. I figured out how to shim the front pinion bearing tight in the case and then we pinned the front pinion to the shaft. I'll take pictures ASAP and try to explain in more detail. I also used the pinguin r/c backing plate for added strength.
Old 11-30-2003, 05:06 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Front knuckles

I read if you swap the c1 and c2 knuckles opposite of the kit setting the car will handle different....but how and why?
Old 11-30-2003, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Front knuckles

Originally posted by P2
I read if you swap the c1 and c2 knuckles opposite of the kit setting the car will handle different....but how and why?
I read the same article, it suppose to change the ackerman but I am not sure if that works for sure. I also wonder if the author of the article just built the kit wrong in the first place.
Old 11-30-2003, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

it does not change the ackermann, but the bump steer as well as the roll centre.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.