Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 09:25 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by dumper
Can this one-way be bought in the States?
No you only can buy this one directly from the guy who makes them. If you want his emailaddress please send me a PM.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dumper the one that I will be seeing is from the States hopefully in a week or 2
Old 11-12-2003, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would like to know you make out with that new one way. It is being made by a friend of yours?
Old 11-12-2003, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Aluminum, is what I have seen so far he is trying to source a couple of the bearings to do some testing with.
Yes he is a friend of mine if you look at earlier post in June or so you will se pics of the spools he is making which are out of steel but heavily relieved to keep them light it weighs about the same or less than the factory 1-way.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Difuser,

Was that the same guy who has the spools? If so, he had good workmanship on those spools. I have one of them and will be trying this out.
Old 11-12-2003, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Yep it is Troy. He has found a source for the bearing and is almost done.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default Diff gear mod

This only works if you use a real diff in the front.

I just tried a different way to mount the TC3 diff gear. It works better than what has been posted before. You don't have to modify the diff halfs, use TC3 diff balls or any shims what so ever. Just take a Tc3 diff gear and open the holes for the ball bearings to 1/8". Trim the inside edge of the teeth off the inside of the gear. (to clear the larger diff ring and halfs)And that's it. You can still use the 3mm ball bearings so there is no need to shim the diff.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:24 AM
Tech Adept

does anyone know the part numbers for the graphite shaft and the light diff and does anyone know what stuff the blue conversion kit is made of.
p.s are the aluminum dog bones lighter than the light ones supplyed by tamiya and are there any problems with the aluminum ones
Old 11-13-2003, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Spools

Pardon my ignorence but I just got My Evo 3 and I have read about spools. What are the spools and casn some one let me know where I can get one. Also any other input for rubber on carpet setups would be appreciated.

thanks,
Larry
Old 11-13-2003, 07:08 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Spools

Originally posted by f1larry
Pardon my ignorence but I just got My Evo 3 and I have read about spools. What are the spools and casn some one let me know where I can get one. Also any other input for rubber on carpet setups would be appreciated.

thanks,
Larry
Read back and you'll find quite a few setups.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Larry the spool is another name for a solid diff no action at all the wheels will turn at the same rate.
For driving it will give a "push into the turn" and the drive of a 1-way off the turn usually the expense is in long sweepers, but you get 4wheel braking into the turn for fun passing.

[email protected]

I can get you in touch with the person who made my spools.

Devil no Tamiya part numbers for the graphite and I am not sure who is making them.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default The David Jun/Beale Baseline Setup

Hey guys, here's a very VERY good baseline setup to use for your Surikarn Evo3's. This was a starting setup based on their Reedy Race Setups. Please note that the downtravel was not written down. All I can remember is that there is more in the front than there is in the rear. This setup is somewhat (and I mean the term losely) similar to the setup that I won the TCS nats with. Sorry for any delays in getting this out. I actually wrote my setup and gave it to Fred at Tamiya because they said they were gonna post it...guess not yet. They do have it and they should make it available.

A big fat ENJOY! Thank the Dave's for this one.

Edit:

Also, when you add 1.5mm under the front blocks, you will have to either shim the steering or grind off the top corner of the front-rear block so that it does not interfere with the steering. On my setup, I moved the rear shocks out one hole, used the blue stablizer in the front and red in the back. The setup states that it was on a 2.5mm chassis but works just as well with a 3.0mm. Also, the steering ball ends are mounted on the inner hole of parts C1 and C2. I think that's about it.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-djbevoiiisetup.gif  

Last edited by rtypec; 11-13-2003 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by hawker
anyone got a good setup for a medium asphalt track with long straights? Using an Orion Core Stock as thats all I have.

thanx
Is this Meakin Park you are talking about Hawker?? What tyres are you running, foams or rubbers???

Steevo
Old 11-13-2003, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

yeah its meakin park,

i'm running foams, rubber don't work very well out there.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by hawker
yeah its meakin park,

i'm running foams, rubber don't work very well out there.
Yeah, I know, especially when the track is cold.. Using rubbers at Meakin is like driving on Ice. I'll see if I can find a set up for you. I'm running rubbers but have no hassles where I run...

Steevo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.