Search
Like Tree395Likes

Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 03:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

Originally Posted by westendorfy
Well I ended up buying a Mid Motor AMX car... lol. Im just going to run AE Stickers on it and anodize all the Alu parts blue. haha.

but... has anyone even built anything similar to the AMX shocks on a AE car? I have seen the Lower CG Shock towers and even the mid motor conversions... But the dampers are Patented correct? The AMX Car is basically a pancar in the touring car class. I would drive an AE touring car in a heartbeat if there was some conversion to bridge the center of gravity gap.

Were are the rules for touring car class? Im curious.
its not really a pan car lol, It does handle more like a pan car but its also a true racing chassis among other cars. you can't bang a hard board with that car. Its might not break but that whole chassis is tweaked and you will be back on the set-station.
Also this is for the the 7.2 chassis but there is a mid-motor conversion from rc-carbonstore. Its looking looking great and I hope the conversion takes off.
https://www.redrc.net/2019/08/rebell...onversion-kit/
Old 08-30-2019, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yeah with so many tie-rod links the AMX car reminds me of an old Trinity pan car front end. Its great and FAST until you hit something. Then as you said back to the tweak board. haha. And Its like having a trinity front end on both ends. So it can be twice as bad. I can see that the AMX car is not for an entry level racer. You could get lost very quickly just setting the droop and ride height.

Ill look into that Mid Motor conversion for a TC7.X... looks interesting.
racer034life likes this.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah with so many tie-rod links the AMX car reminds me of an old Trinity pan car front end. Its great and FAST until you hit something. Then as you said back to the tweak board. haha. And Its like having a trinity front end on both ends. So it can be twice as bad. I can see that the AMX car is not for an entry level racer. You could get lost very quickly just setting the droop and ride height.

This is why i have both the AE 7.1 and now a Gizmo Genesis. As the AE is is solid and you know it will work just about anywhere. I got the Gizmo over the AMX or the new 7.2 cause I feel like the AE 7.1/7.2 line of chassis are great on carpet but shine or asphalt. all we have is carpet tracks around me. also That conversion is for the 7.2 only. I don't see a 7.1 mid motor conversion coming out any time at all.

Last edited by racer034life; 08-30-2019 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Hey there,

I am new to the on-road scene and was hoping to get some set-up advice. I picked up a couple TC7.1 for my son and I to try out at the local track (outdoor asphalt). I picked up some Solaris tires (as recommended by a local) and now am just trying to find a good starting point for set up with a 13.5 motor?

Here is a link to a video of the track in Seatac, WA that I am referencing.

Any advice would be awesome!
Old 09-10-2019, 04:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tbuggy
Hey there,

I am new to the on-road scene and was hoping to get some set-up advice. I picked up a couple TC7.1 for my son and I to try out at the local track (outdoor asphalt). I picked up some Solaris tires (as recommended by a local) and now am just trying to find a good starting point for set up with a 13.5 motor?

Here is a link to a video of the track in Seatac, WA that I am referencing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NXERnHMbRQ

Any advice would be awesome!
Hi there, I’m a local driver at Seattle rc racers and ran the tc7.1 for around 2 years. Luckily, our arguably fastest driver also ran the tc7.1 and has posted quite a few setups on petit rc. Here’s the one I would go with. This setup will get you 90% there. Solaris tires are definitely the way to go, all us mod drivers run them in 36’s.

here’s the setup:

http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/ass...eatac20170813/

-George
Old 09-10-2019, 04:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

One more thing.... I’d switch out the psd shocks for this setup:

2.5-2.8 springs all around
450cst
Old 09-10-2019, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Originally Posted by purplerain

Hi there, I’m a local driver at Seattle rc racers and ran the tc7.1 for around 2 years. Luckily, our arguably fastest driver also ran the tc7.1 and has posted quite a few setups on petit rc. Here’s the one I would go with. This setup will get you 90% there. Solaris tires are definitely the way to go, all us mod drivers run them in 36’s.

here’s the setup:

http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/ass...eatac20170813/

-George
Originally Posted by purplerain
One more thing.... I’d switch out the psd shocks for this setup:

2.5-2.8 springs all around
450cst
Awesome and thank you for the info! I am waiting on a few parts to complete one of the two tc7.1's and then I plan on doing a complete tear of the cars and rebuild before heading out to the track. I have a little time before we can run the cars but hopefully will get a chance to run the cars before the weather gets real nasty...LOL

Maybe I will run into you at some point!

Thanks,
Taylor
Old 09-13-2019, 03:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'll be selling my Tc7.1 and roller and getting a 7.2 with the mid-motor conversion. I haven't ran my gizmo yet but I have cleaned it and I am getting it ready for the carper season. I will say its way more maintenance and time involved with building the gizmo then the Tc7.1. But its also a set-up station queen
Also does anyone have a base USGT set-up for a tc7.1 on black crc carpet? Thank you and I hope everyone has a good Friday 13th!
Old 09-13-2019, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Tc71.1 to the left gizmo on the right. They are both great cars and I hope the new tc7 is everything the 7.1/7.2 didn't have.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

need help on how to make the caster and steering block to operate smoothly...
Old 09-17-2019, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony q
Can you explain your issue more, perhaps a picture?
Old 09-17-2019, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Can you explain your issue more, perhaps a picture?
I’m rebuilding a used car, it’s just a lot of bidding it won’t turn smoothly. Tried loosing the ball stud on top or the screw at the bottom still the same.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I’m rebuilding a used car, it’s just a lot of bidding it won’t turn smoothly. Tried loosing the ball stud on top or the screw at the bottom still the same.
Make sure the swivel tubes are in place and that they are the correct ones for that car.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Make sure the swivel tubes are in place and that they are the correct ones for that car.
will do thanks
Old 09-22-2019, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Make sure you have the right parts. I got a used tc7 and the previous owner put right side parts on the left side.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.