Race Opt MTS T2/T3 >

Race Opt MTS T2/T3

Like Tree230Likes

Race Opt MTS T2/T3

Old 07-26-2015, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Race Opt MTS MP4 FFV3 T2 T3 T3M

Derek Hung placed 2nd in Mod class at We Shi International race using the chassis and Team Powers.

tem no. RO-MTS-T2
MTS T^2 1:10 Touring Car kit. PRE-ASSEMBLED
Specifications:
- Innovative RAS (Reduced Air System) shock absorber
- Innovative Anti-Twist Bar Rolling System
- With newly designed aluminum motor mount that can adjust the motor towards/backwards to the chassis center
- Belt direct drive system
- Front & rear spring steel CVD shaft
- With front solid axle with spring steel outdrive
- Rear gear differential with spring steel outdrive and with harder plastic gear
- Spring steel turnbuckle and come with HD ball cups
- Come with aluminum Floating Servo mount, Steering arm, gear diff mount, fan mount, suspension mount and locking wheel hex
- The 2.2mm main chassis, 2mm upper deck, 3mm front and rear shock tower are made by USA carbon fiber
- With aluminum stands to adjust the chassis stiffness to utilize different traction at different track conditions.

MTS T^2 User Manual:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxU...ew?usp=sharing

Facebook Race Opt MTS T2 discussion page
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1621461431438533"]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1621461431438533

Race Opt MTS web page and base setup sheets.
http://www.race-opt.com/index.php?th...&subcategory=8
Distributors
http://www.race-opt.com/index.php?thispage=partners

Optional parts
BEZERK RC Australia http://bezerk.com.au/shop/contact_us.php
Standard and J-Porta designed modified chassis.
Shock Towers- Standard kit and custom length available in varied thickness.
2mm 2.5mm or 3mm thick top cap camber link outriggers. Provides optimal geometry if you choose to use Xray Plastics and axles/Dcj . Note The upper bulkhead requires a small amount of file/dremel work for a ball stud lock nut with this conversion and a grub screw to lock the carbon plate from twisting. They're strong. They survived brutal testing in practice at Reedy Race.

Not yet listed on their site as of 14/06/16.

Race Opt factory upgrades.
DCJ

Floating steering system

Lightweight 7075 alloy rear driveshafts and diff outdrives. Intended for stock classes.

Camber link extenders

http://www.race-opt.com/index.php?th...&subcategory=9

XRay conversion ( not necessary. The out of the box kit was excellent at the Reedy Race. The kit front standard universals now have a very slight chatter on full lock though, as happens to all uni's)

http://www.rabhobbies.com.au
RAB Hobbies now sell the "Pro" kit with DCJ and Floating Steering.

Race Opt International dealers and distributors
http://www.race-opt.com/index.php?thispage=partners

Last edited by midse; 12-15-2020 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Add
Old 07-27-2015, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by midse

Derek Hung placed 2nd in Mod class at We Shi International race using the chassis and Team Powers.

tem no. RO-MTS-T2
MTS T^2 1:10 Touring Car kit. PRE-ASSEMBLED
Specifications:
- Innovative RAS (Reduced Air System) shock absorber
- Innovative Anti-Twist Bar Rolling System
- With newly designed aluminum motor mount that can adjust the motor towards/backwards to the chassis center
- Belt direct drive system
- Front & rear spring steel CVD shaft
- With front solid axle with spring steel outdrive
- Rear gear differential with spring steel outdrive and with harder plastic gear
- Spring steel turnbuckle and come with HD ball cups
- Come with aluminum Floating Servo mount, Steering arm, gear diff mount, fan mount, suspension mount and locking wheel hex
- The 2.2mm main chassis, 2mm upper deck, 3mm front and rear shock tower are made by USA carbon fiber
- With aluminum stands to adjust the chassis stiffness to utilize different traction at different track conditions.

MTS T^2 User Manual:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxU...ew?usp=sharing

Looks to have some very cool innovative features. The Reduced air shocks have the shafts travelling through the sealed shock cap. It should make for less stiction and end play too. The adjustable top deck flex system will be a welcome change also. It has many included options you don't get on other kits. The manual has lots of other parts listing other tuning options. As mentioned above, it's pre-assembled so the 3d CAD manual is for reference.

They're expecting to be released soon. I've ordered one to test and will post a full review here and in the MTS t^2 thread.
Rabhobbies is the Australian distributor and is taking pre orders according to the facebook page.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default Out of box review

My Race Opt MTS T^2 arrived today. Very impressive.

Race Opt tell me MTS is for Mo Tak She. Which apparently translates to Cannot Lose. Quite fitting considering the success and popularity of the MTS FF front wheel drive chassis.
I opened the box and found a neatly packaged pre-built kit !! It's very pleasing to see the RAS shocks, adjustable chassis flex, oversized wheel bearings, spring steel front and rear out drives, an alloy front spool, alloy fan mount, alloy and carbon battery retainers, alloy wheel hexes, alloy steering bell cranks and floating steering servo mount included. There's even wheels and 3m battery foam.

It has twin alloy top deck centre posts installed, the adjustable flex system is fitted with twin 2.6mm spring steel torsion rods. These can be changed over with the included 2.4mm and 2.8mm rods or 2.m carbon fiber tear top plate. Optional 2.5 and 3.0mm top rear carbon plates are also available.

An alloy rear bulkhead spacer is also included to provide lateral stiffness if required in this area. All of these options are quite unique and allows for very extensive stiffness tuning options.

The shocks utilise what Race Opt call RAS - Reduced Air System shocks snd are of an all alloy construction. The hardened steel shock shaft extends above the piston and travels through a plastic top cover bush in place of a bladder. The alloy top cap has an air bleed hole and a hollow centre. It uses a top shaft seal with a uniquely machined upper pivot ball that allows the shock shaft to pass through it without interference . A special tool is included to align the ball when attaching it to the 3.0mm carbon shock towers. This is not a new system but this approach works very effectively and is more efficient than conventional shock systems found on all the major brands. There is virtually zero shaft deflection which translates to increased shock efficiency, reduced fluid loss and air leaks.

The shaft stroke is also very smooth. The manual lists the silver 3.0kg rated 12mm springs as being standard but this kit has gold anodised units fitted. I'll clarify this later. The spring load is adjusted with a nicely machined alloy threaded retainer and very cool alloy lower collars. There are 7 other optional springs from 2.0 - 4.5 kg ratings. The only plastic components of the entire shock assembly are the 3 hole shock pistons and threaded ball ends. 1 hole, 2 hole and blank Pistons are also included.

There also appear to be optional long shock bodies and shafts available also.

The rear gear diff and front alloy spool are fitted with spring steel out drives. The front and rear universal driveshaft axles use oversized 10*15*4mm and 6*12*4mm sealed bearings.

At full steering lock there is some obvious driveshaft chatter/binding. This is only at extreme full lock on the left universal. If it proves problematic the only solution is to decrease the EPA slightly or attempt to fit X-ray c-hubs and knuckles with DCJ.

All turnbuckles are spring steel and a 1.2mm rear and 1.4mm front roll bar system is included.

An optional motor mount can be used to adjust weight bias. The alloy spur shaft is fitted with a 116t 64p spur and 20t pulleys. Belts are Japenese MBL. There are optional 20t or 18t pulleys in POM or standard composite. Low friction Kevlar belts are also available.

I recommend a complete strip down and re-build. Specifically the diff requires light sanding of the back of the gears as it feels tight. One shock had minor binding at the end stroke which was found to be just a small amount of plastic burr on the inner top cover plate. 1 minute fix. Use a light smear of green slime on all o-ring seals. The rear turnbuckles were mounted in alternate holes. One wheel bearing was slightly free in the left rear upright. I rectified that with a light film of CA glue in the upright bearing face. This was allowed to dry before re-assembly. I also used one .1 shim on that axle and a front one.

Conclusion. I'm very impressed with the quality and features. The very minor "issues" mentioned above are to be expected from any pre assembled kit or ready to run vehicle. These are actually smaller issues than I've had with VBC D07 ,X-ray T4 and Yokomo BD7 kits.

Considering the Race Opt MTS t^2 comes standard with so many features and tuning options that the other brands don't. This is really an impressive chassis. Well done Race Opt. If this performs as well as it is built, I'll be confident to say this could be the best value for money chassis available.

The chassis has already proven itself, Derek Hung drove his to 2nd place in Mod class recently at the We Shi International in Shanghai. I'll be track testing mine later this week.
Check the Race Opt website for more info and a link to manual.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Default Awesome

Awesome car so far! The oversized axles have a snug interference fit to the Wheel bearings for zero slop. The kit turnbuckle end plastics need a very quick trim of the edges to prevent binding at full suspension travel. OR just fit ARC or Xray 4.9mm balls. Be mindful that this may change the camber link height. All of the kit bearings are good but seem to be packed with thick grease. The centre bore of the Spur axle seems a slightly smaller diameter so at this stage only a Panaracer spur was what fitted properly from the limited selection in my spares box. I race stock so had to swap out the decent quality kit unit.

With virtually the base setup, an esc that had almost zero punch, unsuited 2k diff( should be 5-10 for the track) incorrect tyres, It hooked up really really nice. It tracked straight, felt planted and precise. It had a distinct mid corner grip hookup. Might of just been an indication it wanted more suited tyres or a thicker diff

I have a TP X booster ( Same as SMC) which weighs 16g. It hits the scales at 1387g. Perfect for our rules LEFT RIGHT and Front Rear weight balance.

1350g is easily attainable.

Update, had a run today at SERCCC , . It performed really well. Very noticeable increase in mid corner grip again. There was no chatter or binding of the front driveshafts.

Last edited by midse; 08-16-2015 at 04:42 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Default U.S. Distributor For MTS T Squared

Good Evening All!

We are Happy to Announce that Discharge RC is the U.S. Distributor for the Race-Opt, MTS T-Squared and FF Car! My First Load of Inventory has already been sold. I have more Kits on order and expect them in the next couple of weeks. Our Website is under construction but should be complete in the next few weeks. We will stock all of the parts for these cars as well as the RGT Car.

You can Pre-Order your kits directly by emailing me at [email protected]. The Current Kit Cost is $300.00 plus shipping.

The Car comes complete with all 3 Anti-Twist Bar sets, as well as the 2.5mm Graphite Anti-Twist Rear upper deck. It comes standard with the Spring Steel front outdrives, Aluminum Fan Mount, Aluminum Bell Cranks, All Toe inserts, 3mm pin CVD's and Much more. This car is loaded with options parts that are usually in addition to other kits. This Car is the Real Deal!!

Thank you!!

Discharge RC
Old 08-20-2015, 01:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Default US Distributor for MTS T-Squared

Good Evening All!

We are Happy to Announce that Discharge RC is the U.S. Distributor for the Race-Opt, MTS T-Squared and FF Car! My First Load of Inventory has already been sold. I have more Kits on order and expect them in the next couple of weeks. Our Website is under construction but should be complete in the next few weeks. We will stock all of the parts for these cars as well as the RGT Car.

You can Pre-Order your kits directly by emailing me at [email protected]. The Current Kit Cost is $300.00 plus shipping.

The Car comes complete with all 3 Anti-Twist Bar sets, as well as the 2.5mm Graphite Anti-Twist Rear upper deck. It comes standard with the Spring Steel front outdrives, Aluminum Fan Mount, Aluminum Bell Cranks, All Toe inserts, 3mm pin CVD's and Much more. This car is loaded with options parts that are usually in addition to other kits. This Car is the Real Deal!!

Thank you!!

Discharge RC
Old 08-23-2015, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

This car is awesome! Ran it last weekend with great results and today was the same. You can feel all of your setup changes and the car is hooked up. The Carbon Fiber Anti-Twist worked awesome.

Looking ofrwar dot running it more.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Available in Europe? Spare parts? Option parts?
Old 08-30-2015, 06:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Good Evening,

Website is up and running for all of your MTS and RGT needs. Parts being added daily. If we do not have it in stock, please send email and I will advise when it is coming in. Website address is listed in signature.

Thank you,

Discharge RC
Originally Posted by DischargeRC
Good Evening All!

Thank you!!

Discharge RC
Old 08-31-2015, 01:49 AM
Shop Owner

During the daytime, at our local track the grip is a little low and we opted for the 2.4mm rods and it felt heaps better. We were pretty shocked at how well this car responds to setup changes so well and we could actually feel every change we made.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Do you plan to carry also the spare parts and the hopups for this car?

I can only find the kit on your site...
Old 08-31-2015, 07:07 AM
Tech Initiate

I will be carrying he full line of spares and hop ups for this car.
Originally Posted by Airwave
Do you plan to carry also the spare parts and the hopups for this car?

I can only find the kit on your site...
Old 08-31-2015, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Nice, are you also shipping to Europe?
Old 08-31-2015, 09:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Airwave
Nice, are you also shipping to Europe?
Yes, I will ship to Europe.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Hello, what is the difference with the diff 3.1 or 3.6

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.