Community
Wiki Posts
Search

are these good batteries?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 12:13 PM
Tech Addict

Tex racer:

I love max amps, batteries, i got some gp 1100's from them and they are far better than my trinity, and orion matched packs! and the ones from max amps arent matched!!! maybe you dont know what you are talking about?
Old 10-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

From what I understand SMC isn't matching EA's batteries anymore!
Old 10-25-2005, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

SMC only supplies Eric with the cells.....
Eric then matched them.
-Shookie <><
The same thing with DC packs as well as a couple others..

Originally Posted by Hyper1
From what I understand SMC isn't matching EA's batteries anymore!
Old 10-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

GroffBall-Not exactly a good way to advertise for Eric.While Eric's batteries are matched by SMC which we ALL know do great cells knocking Promatch is no way to get Eric more buisness.
Jeff at Promatch is a great guy and does nice cells.He warranties anything he sells and is easy to deal with.Great Prices as well.

I match all my own cells here in House. SMC matched my stuff for about 3 months then I started doing it all on my own. I still buy all my cells from them but they are just raw cells.

EA
Old 10-25-2005, 02:14 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

TexRacer is also correct though. I dont want you guys posting that everyone elses stuff is junk and Mine is better. If you want to tell guys you think mine is better then do that but dont try to make me look good at someone else's expense.

I dont think that is a good way at all to advertise. You'll never see me post that someone else's stuff is bad to make myself look good and I'd expect none of you guys to do that either!!

EA
Old 10-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

in no paticular order:

SMC
power push
pro match

never have i had any issues with those 3 companies. fact is there customer support and rapid email responses are what set's them apart. in fairness to EA i know eric will treat you right as well i just haven't bought anything from him, so i would be lying if i commented on his stuff. but eric is a avid racer and is very well liked and respected by the r/c community.there are a few battery companies that promise the world ,only to deliver swamp cabbage!
Old 10-25-2005, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Bottom line, you are better off spending several more dollars per pack and buy from a reputable matcher you trust. You may try to save $5.00-$10.00 now but is it worth if if the packs do not last 5 runs or if the performance is terrible?

I am not saying that Maxamps is not good but unless you are extremely new to the hobby, chances are of you have to ask if they are good or not, I'd probably look elsewhere.

There are a ton a great matchers out there have have an incredible product for not a lot of money!
Old 10-25-2005, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My $.02 on Maxamps - I have personally run 54 of his GP3700 cells through a Turbomatcher 4/35 and not one was 1.18. I know others have done the same, and I find it insulting, as a competitor, that he would sink to such levels. He buys his cells from Promatch and then zaps them using two junky zappers he got on ebay for $70! You can actually look them up on his feedback! I personally don't give a voltage claim because there is simply no way to know how high the voltage is on cells without matching them.
On R/C Universe we had this discussion with Austin, and he claimed he would change his advertising. Now, two months later, he hasn't changed it, and his newest cells, the IB3800s now have a voltage claim of their own, 1.19!

I don't usually like to talk about my competitors, but in this case I feel the need to speak my mind as it is something that really annoys me. I hope you guys will head my advice, and if you want some good, solid packs, be sure to check out www.BoomBoomBatteries.com

-Alex Berman,
Founder, Boom Boom Batteries
Old 10-25-2005, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

#1... I have had multiple bad experiences with promatch this is why I don't recomend them. I have 4 packs which have all developed dud cells. Maybe Mine were freaks maybe they just didn't like my charger, but I've never had problems like I've had with promatch. I believe this is an open forum where I can let my opinions be known and hopefully help other people.

#2... I don't want it to sound like I'm bashing promatch and saying EA is the best but so far I've gotten and seen good stuff from EA, and I've got two hundred dollars of duds from promatch. I don't know why everybody is jumping down my throat about it, but hey don't want to piss anybody off either.

Just to be fair I've also gotten good stuff from

Fantom
SMC
Perfect Match (no longer around)
Old 10-25-2005, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Best way of getting what you want is . Ask Questions as you are doing now and .... Buy What you feel will give you the best results for your application .. There are alot of Batteries to choose from ... The choise is yours so Have fun looking and learning . Then youll have more fun when you make a decision ....
Old 10-25-2005, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Fukuyama anybody?
Old 10-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Doomah
They are most certainly NOT matched

Put them on a 30A discharger and you'll notice that the lights for each cell go out as much as 15 seconds apart.
Enough to kill a cell if you let your bateries dump too far.

Good bashing cells tho.
Just equalise them between uses
Old 10-25-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

SMC 3800's all the way! The #'s do not lie....check them out. Danny's stuff is top notch. Curtis at DCmotorports or Eric at EA....you cannot go wrong either!
Old 01-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all i have no way of testing the Maxamps cells but they make my car go like stink to some very good race wins here in the UK , do i take it from your comments that i would be better off going else where maybe for my cells in the future ???????????
Old 01-07-2006, 11:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Charlie O
Tex racer:

maybe you dont know what you are talking about?
In my experience with Les,(TexRacer) he has been nothing but helpful.He knows more about RC then anyone I've ever met and is always honest and knowledgable.Trust me, he knows what he's talking about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.