Search
Like Tree61Likes

HPI RS4 Sport 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
My problem is that Hpi should have know better by now that the dog bones were going to be a problem. And for those of us that have been in hobby for few years it's not a big deal to use another companies parts. Hell,I've got 9 other 1/10 Touring cars to drive. But for the new person,or kid that saved up to buy the RS4 Flux its a problem.
That's a bummer ghostgr I think Billy summed it up best.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm curious if it's possible to swap camber arms from my Sprint 2 Sport to the new Rs4 Sport3. Anyone have done that already?
Old 07-21-2015, 07:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Well since I've got to get cv axles for sure now. What are some other must have upgrades for the car?
Old 07-22-2015, 03:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Anyone here having huge issues with rocks getting stuck under the steering posts? I'm constantly having this problem. The car becomes dead in the middle of the street because all it can do is drive in circles until its rescued, pop the top and unlodge the stupid rocks. Then moments later bam! Stuck steering again, more bits of gravel. Grrrrr.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.Wood
Anyone here having huge issues with rocks getting stuck under the steering posts? I'm constantly having this problem. The car becomes dead in the middle of the street because all it can do is drive in circles until its rescued, pop the top and unlodge the stupid rocks. Then moments later bam! Stuck steering again, more bits of gravel. Grrrrr.
I've had the same problem. I'm going to see if I can make some kind of rock/dust guard to keep rocks out.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:29 PM
Tech Rookie

This is my email I just sent their support. I realize I prolly should have just left it on the shelf but I decided to just drive it a little to ensure body and new receiver worked.

"Hi I got my rs4 sport 3 flux back after sending it in and the body was fixed. But my issue with the front axles wanting to come out while driving was not. I drove it after receiving and the front right axle came out again and I can not find it. When hpi realeses the new cv axles are we suppose to buy this to fix a factory problem? The other sport 3 models don't have this problem just the flux. Many of us including myself waited and saved money to be able to buy this car due to hpi past track record as having good products it seems that this particular model has fell rather short. It now has to sit as a $320 shelf item until the new axles come out. Very disappointing and probably the last hpi product I will be buying.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android"
Old 07-22-2015, 05:18 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm quite disappointed in having just opened the box only to have the dogbone after dogbone misteriously find its way out of the car within minutes of its first drive as many of you have also had happen. Luckily I found mine. My fix was to cut up some leftover nitro tubing into little donuts and place them on either side. It's worked for a week. This is not what I expected when I got this car. I'm thinking I should have saved a hundred bucks and just got the sprint 2 that my buddies got, still no issues for them. Though I would one up them buying somthing better. Nope. It's a lemon that looses parts and can't steer if a little gravel is on the road. I want this to work. We shouldn't have this kind of obvious problem. What is this a new company with no history in rc? Love to hear the response to your email.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by racinmason
I've had the same problem. I'm going to see if I can make some kind of rock/dust guard to keep rocks out.
I'm also gonna try to make some sort of cover. Plastic bottle? Maybe an inner tube? Even thought about cutting holes in the underpan to let rocks drop out. Last resort.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'm also gonna try to make some sort of cover. Plastic bottle? Maybe an inner tube? Even thought about cutting holes in the underpan to let rocks drop out. Last resort.
Try Lexan Mr Wood
Old 07-22-2015, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ghostgr
Well since I've got to get cv axles for sure now. What are some other must have upgrades for the car?
Try looking here

https://www.hpiracing.com/en/parts/114350/opt
Old 07-22-2015, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

I got a chance to see one up close and held in my hand. Gotta say I was thinking of getting one but holding it and trying the chassis flex test ( twisting the chassis) scared the socks off me . Ok perhaps the graphite bottom shaft cover may stiffen it up a bit but and perhaps if I dremmel an opening under the steering so pebbles can fall thru and not bind up steering ....and perhaps ... Wait !! Why would I spend money to buy it and then need to do so much to it? Brand loyalty used to dictate what I bought back in the 90's but give me a break! I still have a bunch of pro 3's but I had to spend a small fortune to get graphite chassis for all of them. It was the shaft drive that caught my attention but hpi could not keep me interested so I'm out.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well I'm not going to stir the pot since my new Sport will be arriving in a few days but thanks to this thread I'm going to shelf the car until the hop-ups become available and build the car from there to see what setup works best. I do believe the new design will prove to be a winner down the road just need to work out some of the bugs on the car since it's a totally new design from hpi.

I just purchased a Sprint 2 Fallken Porsche minutes ago (smoking deal) and converting the Camo Falken into a beauty shelf queen.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Please post pics of your cars here for us to admire.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by SagadSetup
Please post pics of your cars here for us to admire.
Well ot was bound to happen. I stripped my spur gear and this is where it sat while my friend did donut drifts around me with his sprint 2. I'm so sad.
Attached Thumbnails HPI RS4 Sport 3-2015-07-23-19.00.54.jpg  
Old 07-23-2015, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Well ot was bound to happen. I stripped my spur gear and this is where it sat while my friend did donut drifts around me with his sprint 2. I'm so sad.
What happened? Was your pinion and spur meshed properly? Did you use a powerful motor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.