Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a fast servo!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 10:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

airtronics - 94357 .07 transit time seems to be faster then my 5925 mg. as well as more powerfull. the 94257 is a hair faster but like 15 oz/in torque less.
Old 10-18-2002, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

hm..... i am still using the s3003 standard servo ....
adn i feel its a bit slow on my 414m ......

just curious .... can i solder the red wire direct to the red lead on my batt ???

will i screw the servo up?
Old 10-18-2002, 01:37 AM
Tech Master

That whole deal sounds too risky for me to pull off correctly.

And don't you kinda think a Tamiya 414m deserves more than a standard servo?
Old 10-18-2002, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Im2lazy: On big tracks it could be possible. surikarn was using a "slower" 9550 - the corners are larger unlike those tracks where I run at... (perhaps surikarn did the mod on his 9550 that Linger did!)

Anyway, thanks to you guys suggestions, I got a Sanwa ERG-VR, 0.07s at 6 volts. I compared it versus a ko 2123 and the hitec 5925MG.

Well the ERG-VR for a 6 volt servo is amazing. Can't feel much difference compared to the 2123 in the chicanes. Whereas the hitec had to take a tiny bit more time to recover and make the exit.

Edit: Would like to add it works flawlessly with my 3PDF/R133F setup. No glitches, and installed in minutes.

Looks like the ERG-VR is gonna be on the top of my servo-to-buy list. Thanks dudes!

Regards,
Alvin
Old 10-18-2002, 09:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi dudes,

I went to my LHS, and they said that Airtronics radio gear don't go well with Hitec Servos. The servos are supposed to cause alot of glitching? Is this true?
Old 10-18-2002, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For the ultimate setup without FET, you must use in conjunction the new KO Mars R and the KO digital servos. This radio will make a world of a difference. You must try it if you need all the speed you can get. This is the best radio out there, even better than the ne Futaba that is supposed to have the same rapid response. I have tried the new KO Mars R and it is very close to twice as fast as my regular KO(the fastest normal response radio).
Old 10-18-2002, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Im2lazy.....

well its fast enuff (almost too fast with some setups) for me on my other car .... hehehehe
no idea why it kinda slowed down on the 414m.....

ok ... back to the question ...... can i pull off putting the red wire directly to the batt withoout any potential problems
Old 10-20-2002, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Using a servo slower than a stadard servo for my car was justified because I used to run a nitro RS4. I almost won the B-main, which is good considering that we sometimes have an E-main at my track, but standard servos no more! I got a used MTX2. Lets see how the A-main guys like me!
Pretty good for a young'n