Default Tamiya TRF102

TRF102 F1 chassis coming soon...

This is all translated from Japanese:

42289 TRF102

- June release
- List price 41,904 yen

Details:
● It is a new 2WD Formula chassis.
● Adopt new T-bar-type rear suspension that the roll and pitch can be completely independently control each.
● Battery adopted a floating mount that is fixed to the 2mm thick carbon upper deck, you can maximize traction from the flex of carbon lower deck.

http://kentech.blogs.se/
Old 04-15-2015, 03:42 AM
Tech Regular

can't wait to see the pics
Old 04-15-2015, 09:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Seriously….

It’s my understanding this information was supposed to be kept confidential.

Part 1) “we do not wish them to be released to the general public, which includes posting the information on websites, forums etc.”

Part 2) “please keep everything strictly confidential”

I can see how their request is confusing…(scratching head)
Old 04-15-2015, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vyger
It’s my understanding this information was supposed to be kept confidential.

Part 1) “we do not wish them to be released to the general public, which includes posting the information on websites, forums etc.”

Part 2) “please keep everything strictly confidential”

I can see how their request is confusing…(scratching head)
All the info you see on international websites today was posted on several Japanese websites yesterday/today...which means the info is then spread worldwide within hours.

It's been like this for years so nothing unexpected...not even for Tamiya...
Old 04-15-2015, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Aahh, it’s the “everyone else is doing it” mentality. Can’t argue with that logic.

If what you’re saying is true, then you should source your information so Tamiya can track it back to the originator and address the issue. Find the leak and plug it. They obviously wanted it kept confidential, they noted that twice…just saying.

Keep in mind at the end of the day you’re the one that hit the enter button.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Default ...conflict ... ??

1- Good news, looks different from other projects. Does not mean better, but Tamiya engineering is just enough .... I think a new F1 will be "evaluated" for the next shopping (
2- Tamiya knows the rules of today's "privacy" and "marketing", so if something "is strictly confidential" you will find it somewhere on the web in a breath..... I do not know if I hate more this way of creating "purchases anxiety" or a supposed "violation of the confidentiality".

Look forward getting a photo or 3D ...
Thanks, Kentech
Old 04-15-2015, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vyger
Aahh, it’s the “everyone else is doing it” mentality. Can’t argue with that logic.

If what you’re saying is true, then you should source your information so Tamiya can track it back to the originator and address the issue. Find the leak and plug it. They obviously wanted it kept confidential, they noted that twice…just saying.

Keep in mind at the end of the day you’re the one that hit the enter button.
I don't see what is your issue with this. Don't you think Tamiya Japan are aware of how this works? Multiple Japanese shops already have opened preorders for these new products with the product info posted, just as they have done with every new release for many years already. It's year 2015 we're living in so this procedure will not be news to anyone.

I have no personal or business relationship with Tamiya. If someone runs a news website, magazine, or whatever, you're just doing your job when you publish news when you find news. It's the same whether it's real cars or RC cars you're reporting on. Some RC people, even if they are just normal customers and fans of a certain brand, seem to feel they have some sort of obligation to the brand. I never got this.

I don't have any info on these cars where it says it cannot be published. What I have published is openly available stuff that's already out there. Tamiyablog, RedRC among others run the news already.

There are many times over the years I have received info before it's publicly available. But when asked not to post it until a certain date, or keep it to myself, I have always honoured that agreement and will continue to do so. People who know me know this. But when something's already out, of course it will spread fast.

If you have a need to discuss/comment/ask more on this topic you can contact me through my blog or by a PM on here.

Last edited by kentech; 04-15-2015 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Translated product description:

Exhibits excellent road surface follow-up in the adoption race new T-bar-type rear suspension for independent control the roll and pitch "TRF102 chassis kit" appeared!

Tamiya Grand Prix, etc., in a variety of road conditions, it is 2WD Formula chassis has been developed so that it can be exhibited consistently high driving performance.

And equipped with a roll point ball and pitching shaft, adopted the new T-bar-type rear suspension that the roll and pitch can be completely independently control each.

I will deliver outstanding road surface follow-up. Furthermore traction battery floating mount fixed to 2.0mm thick carbon upper deck. I pull out the center on both sides cut of 2.5mm thick carbon Lower deck put the bending to the maximum.

[Accessories Parts]

● TRF102 dedicated carbon Lower deck (2.5mm thick)
● TRF102 dedicated carbon upper deck (2.0mm thick)
● TRF102 dedicated Aluminum Servo stay
● TRF102 dedicated aluminum motor mount
● TRF102 dedicated rear suspension (T bar set)
● TRF damper
● OP.1161 F104 low friction suspension ball set
● OP.1357 F104 adjustable metal upright set
● SP.1000 High Torque Servo Saver (Black)
● Def plate-integrated carbon rear shaft
● strengthening type front suspension arm

■ Front suspension is independent left and right of the king pin coil spring. By making the reinforcing type suspension arms, and has a balance that can be used more bending of the entire chassis. Steering servo uses a new type aluminum servo mount and carbon steel bridge that is lighter, securely fixed by screws. Furthermore servo mount was optimizing the mounting rigidity of the chassis.

■ In order to maximize the bending of carbon Lower deck, adopted a floating mount to fix the traction battery to carbon upper deck. And to achieve a substantial suspension stroke up, creating a handling a sense of stability in smooth. In addition, expanding the mechanical mounting space compared to TRF101. I have increased the degree of freedom of choice and layout of electrical equipment.

■ Adopt new T-bar-type rear suspension that provides a complete independent control of pitch and control. Roll point ball is set to chassis limit low position, and maximize the roll moment. Furthermore pitching shaft is completely self-contained, I have to ensure a smooth moving to the road surface gap. In addition, the new motor mount was made ​​possible to adjust the mounting position of the rear wing.

※ body, motor, RC equipment, wheel, tire are not included.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

You have a PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:04 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Very interesting to see them remove the link style setup for a t-bar. I'm a bit skeptical but can't wait to see pics.

Thanks again for the info Kentech! Love your blog site.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

We're talking about Tamiya RC cars ? Or national security
Old 04-15-2015, 10:02 PM
Tech Addict

The major downside of T-Bar cars is that the fibreglass degrades over time. This however hasn't stopped my F103 beating many link cars over the past couple of years!
Old 04-15-2015, 11:31 PM
Tech Master

Must resist! Sounds interesting
Old 04-16-2015, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Sounds like a hinged tbar like the aftermarket one that used to be available for the 103.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I think t bars work a little better for rubber tire. The 104 wgp is still the best modern tamiya car in my opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.