Old 10-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Wiring Question...Also...TC4 Carpet setups

Wire question...

Touring car
6-Cell GP3300 / GP3700
Novak GTX

#1 Running either stock or 19T on carpet, is it ok to wire up with 14g wire? Or should I still use 12g?

Also

#2 Does anyone know where I could find some good TC4 (tub-chassis) carpet setups to begin with?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:37 AM
E2
Tech Initiate

Default set ups

Please check out the link below. It is right from the Team Associated web site. They have some great base set ups as well as some actual racers set ups from various races.

http://www.teamassociated.com/racerhub/setup/0setups_onroad.htm

Good luck and go FAST!!

Last edited by E2; 10-12-2005 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

14 AWG will work fine for those motors.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kufman
14 AWG will work fine for those motors.
Agreed, I've been using the stock wire that came installed on the last 2 ESC's I've bought(a GT7 & a GTX now), & it's worked just fine(& both come with 14AWG).....
Old 10-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
Agreed, I've been using the stock wire that came installed on the last 2 ESC's I've bought(a GT7 & a GTX now), & it's worked just fine(& both come with 14AWG).....

Good to know folks....Just wanted to make sure 14g would handle all the amps I'm gonna throw at it. I figured it would like it has for me before, however that was before super-batteries and the like.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I'll pass on to you soviet what has been good to me. This set up is designed for a dual deck CF chassis, but it works great for me. Solved a lot of problems I was having at the time it was given to me. The only thing you can disregard is the bit about the steering rack being mounted backwards. Like I said, it was for a non-tub chassis. Let me know if I can help.

I guess I better give props to Bob Barry for sending me the set up in the first place.

Andrew
Old 10-12-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

First thing I would do is if you are planning on running the tub chassis, go to Associated's site and download all of the setups that are on there for snowbirds and cleveland. Try each one if you can and see which fits your driving style. when your ready to step up call Jason at BMI and order your conversion kit double deck chassis, batteries moved forward and in servo and motor slightly forward, its just sick. www.bmiracing.com
Old 10-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
First thing I would do is if you are planning on running the tub chassis, go to Associated's site and download all of the setups that are on there for snowbirds and cleveland. Try each one if you can and see which fits your driving style. when your ready to step up call Jason at BMI and order your conversion kit double deck chassis, batteries moved forward and in servo and motor slightly forward, its just sick. www.bmiracing.com
I had a BMI TC3. Nice fit and finish. I'm actually determined to show the world that the "tubby" TC4 can hang with all the uber-cars that people think they just HAVE to have these days.

I'm kinda on a mission. Plus I asked for help looking for base-setups 'cause I've been very busy.

I figure if I did eventually upgrade the car, I'd just get the Team --> Factory Team conversion kit.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Be sure to keep us updated Soviet. I just gave up on my Tubby tc4 for the likes of an fk05. I could never seem to get the car to handle the same. I was spending all my time tracing down and fixing problems. I am still open to running it though. I guess I am one of those people you referred to. Baaaa Baaa . . .Sheople. lol