Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Capricorn LAB-TE03

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Okay, so where can we get one?

On Capricorn's site it says nothing of the latest car, looks like only the old one is available.

No mention about the new shocks either, are they included in the new kit, or optional extra?
Old 02-08-2016, 11:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Ninzai, now there's only the TE03 EVO available, the web site will be updated soon.
New shocks are included in the new kit.
I'll tell the Factory to contact you asap.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Default te03

anymore updates from anyone driving a te03 will be building mine next week
would love to hear more updates setups etc about this car.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Nay Nay
The TE03 EVO is a great car, if you run on high grip carpet track use the beautifull aluminium chassis, short weel base, Capricorn Blue Spring, front shok oil 350 cst, rear 400cst. if you run on asphalt the carbon chassis is ok.

for other settings I've to know if you run stock or modified class, and what kind of rubber tires.

Last edited by meccanico; 03-02-2016 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:47 PM
Tech Adept

Hello everybody,
This is a Setup we create for our customers in germany
to use on high grip carpet tracks.
If you have further questions just ask them

Greetings
Attached Thumbnails Capricorn LAB-TE03-image.jpg  
Old 02-26-2016, 11:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by meccanico
The TE03 EVO is a great car, if you run on high grip carpet track use the beautifull aluminium chassis, short weel base, Capricorn Blue Spring, front shok oil 350 cst, rear 400cst. if you run on asphalt the carbon chassis is ok.

for other settings I've to know if you run stock or modified class, and what kind of rubber tyres.

Hi i only run on asphalt tracks med to high grip and run 13.5 blinky
i run muchmore rush 36 and 32 of a night when the temp drops down

ill be starting off with box setup.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:31 PM
Tech Initiate

http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/cap...dello20160207/

for asphalt
Old 03-01-2016, 03:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Any body having trouble with to much rear lateral grip? I run at Brendale QLD on Sunday and just kept on ripping the rear tires of the rims . lol frustrating
Old 03-02-2016, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

What exactly happened?
Old 03-02-2016, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nay Nay
Be careful when doing up the damper piston retaining screws, they're very soft and will shear off without warning. If you can get some pan head M2.5 5mm long allen heads replace them. If you do break one in the shaft, it's best to drill it out with a 1.5mm drill bit, the metal is very soft and it will go through it like a hot knife through butter.

Inner hinge pin shims (plastic) need some sanding, or you can use some of the many aluminium shims in the kit. Check thickness with a calliper because they vary minutely, just enough that you might be able to find the right combo.

One of my front driveshaft axles was too thick to go through the hub bearings and needed a bit of grinding down on a length of about 5mm, and one of the steering idler arms pinched the bearing when I did up the post screw. A .3mm 3mm dia shim fixed that. Go easy on the M2.5 countersunk screws of the suspension holders, they strip heads easily (I suspect they're not 12.5 grade). Other than that it was smooth sailing.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by niznai
Be careful when doing up the damper piston retaining screws, they're very soft and will shear off without warning. If you can get some pan head M2.5 5mm long allen heads replace them. If you do break one in the shaft, it's best to drill it out with a 1.5mm drill bit, the metal is very soft and it will go through it like a hot knife through butter.

Inner hinge pin shims (plastic) need some sanding, or you can use some of the many aluminium shims in the kit. Check thickness with a calliper because they vary minutely, just enough that you might be able to find the right combo.

One of my front driveshaft axles was too thick to go through the hub bearings and needed a bit of grinding down on a length of about 5mm, and one of the steering idler arms pinched the bearing when I did up the post screw. A .3mm 3mm dia shim fixed that. Go easy on the M2.5 countersunk screws of the suspension holders, they strip heads easily (I suspect they're not 12.5 grade). Other than that it was smooth sailing.
All correct!
Old 03-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by StevenS
Any body having trouble with to much rear lateral grip? I run at Brendale QLD on Sunday and just kept on ripping the rear tires of the rims . lol frustrating
What kind of tires ?

it's usual that rubber tires ripp from the rim in high grip tracks

Last edited by meccanico; 03-02-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

What exactly happened?
Tires were Volante 36 , Rush 36 , grip was high. only the rears were affected .
Old 03-03-2016, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Do you mean they came clean off the rim, or did they rip around the rim leaving the bead on the rim, or did they just rip randomly across the contact patch?
Old 03-04-2016, 02:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Do you mean they came clean off the rim, or did they rip around the rim leaving the bead on the rim, or did they just rip randomly across the contact patch?
Parted from the rim , even the reglued ones came apart. But even with sorex preglued the stress on the glue was showing after 4 min run. Dont get me wrong its a great problem to have, where just about all others are chasing grip off some kind the Capricorn has it in bucket loads..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.