Wiki Posts
Search

ORCA firmware issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default ORCA firmware issues

I have one of the newer version program cards that is firmware version 3.3 and when I try to download version 4.0 or higher into it it does not go into the card, it goes thru the whole process on the PC but not the card. what may be wrong? I can download firmware fine into either my VXX or VX but not the card.

thanks for any and all help

Last edited by PAPAMAC; 12-26-2014 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sorry if it has been difficult to get support. If I would have known, I would have jumped in sooner!

Hmm that is really odd. I've had that problem with programming cards that were originally prior to 3.0 since they are for very very old ESC's from ORCA, and not compatible.

I'm somewhat local to you, and an ORCA representative/Factory Driver. If you're ever around during one of the Seattle RC Racer club races in Seattle, I'd be happy to take a look at it for you.

Otherwise, you can even drop it in the mail and I can give it a shot on my computer to see if I can troubleshoot the system. Just PM me and we can work that out if you'd like. Otherwise, Eric Anderson from EA motorsports is also a good person to talk to, as he is the US Distributor for ORCA products.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

-Korey
Old 12-23-2014, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

+1 for EA or Korey, great guys to deal with.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:24 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Ive already answered his email within a couple of minutes of receiving it 2 days ago. Ive never seen one do that except as Korey stated one of the very old original cards with 3.0 on it. The only thing left to do is send the card to someone like Korey or myself to let them try or contact Anthony or Keith at ORCA to see if they have seen any issues like that.

When and where did you buy the card at? Is it possible you bought a used card someone updated from 3.0 to 3.3 and that could be the issue? If you recently bought it new then we can replace it no questions asked.

EA
Old 12-24-2014, 05:25 AM
Team EAM

Also one other thing and this may sound dumb but you did download the software for the program card and not the speedo correct? Because the program card software is different than the speedo software. Ive seen several people do that before.

EA
Old 12-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Ive already answered his email within a couple of minutes of receiving it 2 days ago. Ive never seen one do that except as Korey stated one of the very old original cards with 3.0 on it. The only thing left to do is send the card to someone like Korey or myself to let them try or contact Anthony or Keith at ORCA to see if they have seen any issues like that.

When and where did you buy the card at? Is it possible you bought a used card someone updated from 3.0 to 3.3 and that could be the issue? If you recently bought it new then we can replace it no questions asked.

EA
HI Korey, If Anthony cant get it straightened out then I will take you up on that offer, Thank you.

I got an email from Anthony and he is working with me on it. thank you for all your help guy's.

the only "software" I downloaded is the USB link 1.2
Old 12-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by PAPAMAC
HI Korey, If Anthony cant get it straightened out then I will take you up on that offer, Thank you.

I got an email from Anthony and he is working with me on it. thank you for all your help guy's.

the only "software" I downloaded is the USB link 1.2
You need to also download the program card software for 4.1 off of orcas website. The 1.2usb is only for the computer itself so that the computer can communicate with the USB adapter. You still have to download the software for the speedo and one for the program card.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

that is the firmware not software for the ESC's. I have done that and can download firmware all I want into the ESC's but not the card. I have tried everything Anthony suggested and no change. Also what happened is after trying to update firmware in the card it no longer works. When hooked up to one of the ESC's which are also V3.3 same as the card all the card says is ORCA ESC program card and does nothing. Anthony says it has to be the card so I am sending it to him.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:52 AM
Tech Addict

oh, and merry Christmas everyone