R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   RSD RR12 12th Scale Pan Car Kit (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/852079-rsd-rr12-12th-scale-pan-car-kit.html)

CristianTabush 12-14-2014 05:34 PM

RSD RR12 12th Scale Pan Car Kit

It is with much excitement that we announce the release of our new 12th Scale car kit. After much testing and design hours, we are releasing what we feel is the ultimate "Tinkerer's" 12th scale kit.

Below is our "press release/ product description":

The RR12 has several innovative features not seen on other 12th scale cars before. From our integrated, revolutionary uni-mount shock/servo/antenna mount, to our adjustable wheelbase motor pod, the car is loaded with features which makes the RR12 the most adjustable and versatile 12th scale in the market today.

With the versatility of the RR12, tons of different geometries are possible. The car is compatible with XRAY side links or AE Side links, as well as XRAY Damper Tubes or AE Damper Tubes.

The RR12 is offered in 4 different variants:

1.Premium Kit: Full kit including RSD Hardware/Springs/Plastics/IRS Diff/Team Prime Shock/Xenon AE Style Front end with full set of 0-5 degree knuckles, plus Ti Nitride coated hinge pins and king pins.
2.Regular Kit: Full RSD Parts and AE Based front end with IRS Diff/ Team Prime Shock
3.RR12AE: Conversion kit for a donor AE Kit. Only Items included are chassis, pod, front uni mount. Hole pattern is for AE R5 Front end
4.RR12X: Conversion Kit for a donor XRAY Kit. Only Items included are chassis, pod and front uni mount. Hole pattern is for XRAY X12 front end.

Car Features:

Revolutionary Front Uni-Mount: Our revolutionary front Uni mount is one of the greatest innovations in the RR12. It incorporates the Front Shock Mount, with multiple positions and vertical stud mounts, a floating servo mount which allows for a broad range of micro and mini servos to be used and finally the antenna mount. Machined out of 7075-T6 Aluminum, the added rigidity allows for a more effective shock mount.
Chassis: The Chassis is designed to be used in transverse or inline configuration. When used in inline mode, the front uni mount acts as the battery holder as well. The Chassis has been designed with less overhang in the front for less rubbing.
Upper Pod Plate: The pod plate can be moved fore and aft 4mm. This allows for a more forward shock position (XRAY Style) or a more rearward shock position (AE Style). Typically, the more forward the shock position, the smoother and more planted the car becomes at the expense of a little steering. Combined with the multiple shock positions of the Front Unimount, along with vertical stud mount for the shock, fine adjustment of dampening is unprecedented.
Team Prime Shock Absorber: Best Center Shock in the business. Comes with Ti Nitride shock shaft, machined delrin piston and is hard anodized for a premium fit and finish. When coupled with our RSD Center Springs, the combination is tough to beat.
Multiple Side Link Compatibility: The RR12 Can be used with XRAY or AE Length side links.
Adjustable Wheelbase Slider Pod: The RR12 features and industry first. A slider pod, which allows for easy and quick rear ride height adjustment, coupled with an up to 3.5 mm wheelbase extension adjustment. The wheelbase can easily be adjusted by inserting shims in between the motor pod and rear sliding bearing holders. On short, technical tracks, use a shorter wheelbase and on longer, sweeping corners, extend the wheelbase for extra stability.
Optimized Rear Body Post Position: The body posts have been moved further out in order to avoid the crease on bodies such as the AMR-12.

Now for some images:

https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.co...es/rr12_01.jpg
https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.co...es/rr12_02.jpg
https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.co...es/rr12_03.jpg
https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.co...es/rr12_04.jpg
https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.co...es/rr12_05.jpg
https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.co...es/rr12_06.jpg

The car will be available in around 30-40 days. Pre orders are up on our website. The first 25 kits will be limited edition and will include a full compliment of springs and a custom tool kit. The cars will also be numbered.

Going forward this will also be our thread to discuss and share on the RR12.

haywood 12-14-2014 06:10 PM

Kit

What does the car shown weight in race trim?

CristianTabush 12-14-2014 06:16 PM

About 730-755g, depending on the ESC, screws, motor and servo. It is roughly the same weight as an XRAY X12.

RCBuddha 12-14-2014 06:56 PM

Looks great Cristian!

EDWARD2003 12-14-2014 07:11 PM

It would be nice to get one of those on Japanese soil.:)

CristianTabush 12-14-2014 07:44 PM

Ed, we ship to Japan all the time. We also have a distributor in Kimihiko Yano. Maybe they'll want to carry the car over there. Although I do not know with them being CRC Japan, it might be a conflict of interest for them (not us). Our car will be far more of a boutique brand, and we intend to keep it that way.

However distributor and serious team driver inquiries are welcome.

samnelso 12-14-2014 07:49 PM

Carbon pattern looks cool. Is there an advantage to the twill weave?

EDWARD2003 12-14-2014 07:57 PM

Yeah, I too, am unsure about Kimihiko-yano in whether they would carry that chassis. But, since it's considered a boutique chassis, I doubt their will be any issues.. You could also speak with the owner of Xenon. At the moment they are carrying Speed Merchant cars, but I haven't heard any news of them or seen any of them on Japanese soil.. You might give them a try as a distributor.

I would love to be one of your "serious team drivers", but I don't think I can make it out to many "big events" around Japan.

Could you PM me the price range of the kits?

CristianTabush 12-14-2014 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by samnelso (Post 13719575)
Carbon pattern looks cool. Is there an advantage to the twill weave?

It should be marginally more flexible than standard weave, but more than anything, we selected this CF because it looks different and makes the car stand out.

303slowdown 12-14-2014 08:06 PM

Cool looking car but the price is awfully high imo. I would think youd want to be priced closer to the other brands. I look forward to seeing one run.

CristianTabush 12-14-2014 08:18 PM

This is not a mass produced car. It will only be made in low quantities, hence the slightly higher price tag.

But let's break it down:
-AE R5.2 ~$250.00-260.00: However, the car comes with a terrible shock which most serious racers replace and it comes with no rear axle carriers. This totals up to about an additional $40.00 USD. Add a spur, since it comes with one that is too big to use and you are right at $300.00 USD. This is the price for our kit with the RSD Front end. Our kit will come with multiple center springs and side springs as well as an appropriate sized spur, specified by the buyer.
-XRAY X12 2015 ~$280.00-290.00. Add a center shock and a few springs and spur and you are in the $330.00 range. This is comparable to our kit with the Xenon front end which comes with Ti Nitride hinge pins and king pins plus a total of 6 pairs of front knuckles.

This car is not one made to compete in price with a CRC. We can't touch their street price. Their actual street price is very close to what it takes us to make an RR12.

303slowdown 12-14-2014 08:21 PM

I stand corrected, thanks for the clarification .

CristianTabush 12-14-2014 08:30 PM

https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.co...version_01.jpg
https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.co...version_02.jpg

For those of you that already have a donor car, we are also offering a conversion. We have an AE Specific (And all cars with same front end bolt pattern) and XRAY Specific kits. These will allow you to take your AE R5.2 or XRAY X12 kit and build your own RR12. The car is made to work with the parts from both, the only difference being the bolt pattern for the XRAY front end being slightly different.

CristianTabush 12-14-2014 08:30 PM

Double

303slowdown 12-14-2014 08:40 PM

What's the thickness of the carbon?

peter george 12-14-2014 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by CristianTabush (Post 13719653)
https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.co...version_01.jpg
https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.co...version_02.jpg

For those of you that already have a donor car, we are also offering a conversion. We have an AE Specific (And all cars with same front end bolt pattern) and XRAY Specific kits. These will allow you to take your AE R5.2 or XRAY X12 kit and build your own RR12. The car is made to work with the parts from both, the only difference being the bolt pattern for the XRAY front end being slightly different.

Can u pm me the price of conversion kit for either x12 or the associated car since I have both. Thanks and best of luck. IMO 12 scale is one of the purest form of rc racing for those of us who started with on road racing. It's simply a great rush running this class and I'm sure your car will do good, is there any test drive or review out there?

303slowdown 12-14-2014 09:01 PM

Prices can be found on reflexracing.net

CristianTabush 12-14-2014 09:06 PM

The carbon is 2.6mm spec, depending on the calipers, this means 2.5-2.7mm.

You can find out all the information on pricing and kits here.

Thunderbunny 12-15-2014 10:28 AM

I've seen this car first hand, and it's nop notch! On and off the track!

peter george 12-15-2014 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by 303slowdown (Post 13719704)
Prices can be found on reflexracing.net

Thanks, not bad for a great quality car. Remember folks :"u get what u pay for" I can't wait to read up on any reviews of both the car and the conversion kits.

RedBullFiXX 12-15-2014 04:45 PM

Linked :)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/californ...ll-so-cal.html

Car Breaker 12-15-2014 07:06 PM

I may not remember it right but I thought Xii and X12 2014 front lower arm is different mounting hole distant. if this is true, which arm is the chassis design based on ?

CristianTabush 12-15-2014 07:39 PM

X12 '14 and on...

EDWARD2003 12-18-2014 11:33 PM

Looking forward to getting mine in the New Year. ;)

cmunro 12-19-2014 05:59 AM

cant wait for mine !!!!!! i raced against 2 of the prototype cars at RSD, and they are untouchable fast

Jorge T 12-19-2014 07:23 AM

The third one is almost complete :D

Scirocco 12-19-2014 04:23 PM

Put my pre-order in, be eagerly waiting for it to show up

Scirocco 12-23-2014 10:09 PM

What's happing with the 1/12 body?

CristianTabush 12-23-2014 11:53 PM

We'll have the bodies in mid to late January. ROAR approval is ser once they become available.

InspGadgt 12-24-2014 12:17 AM

Have you considered putting tape slots in the chassis so the in-line battery config can go on the right side of the car as well? Tracks like the IIC with a right hand sweeper would benefit from having the battery on that side.

Jorge T 12-25-2014 12:02 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Some eye candy.

CristianTabush 12-25-2014 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by InspGadgt (Post 13738240)
Have you considered putting tape slots in the chassis so the in-line battery config can go on the right side of the car as well? Tracks like the IIC with a right hand sweeper would benefit from having the battery on that side.

Aren't most sweepers to the right? We have not tested in that configuration, but I would venture out to say that a car that is balanced left to right, there should be no difference in performance whether the battery is on the left side or right side. But, one of the advantages that we have is that we can offer customization to the cars' chassis as per customer requests. If this is something you want done, we can totally accommodate it.

wingracer 12-25-2014 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by CristianTabush (Post 13740531)
Aren't most sweepers to the right? We have not tested in that configuration, but I would venture out to say that a car that is balanced left to right, there should be no difference in performance whether the battery is on the left side or right side. But, one of the advantages that we have is that we can offer customization to the cars' chassis as per customer requests. If this is something you want done, we can totally accommodate it.

Here's a three year old post from Josh Cyrul on the subject:

I made the chassis adjustable for the track you race on - Example - Snowbirds (mostly left turns) put the pack on the left due to higher CG of the pack. IIC (mostly right turns) put the pack on the right... This is my .02 on this one.

As for me, I prefer good old transverse.

CristianTabush 12-25-2014 02:23 PM

I can't say that I necessarily agree with that. I don't think a battery has a higher CG than a servo or an esc like a HW V3.1 today. Perhaps 3 years ago, or with different electronics, this may be meaningful, but I don't think it is something easy to measure.

I could be totally wrong though, and if this is something people want available to them, we can again, add it.

RCBuddha 12-25-2014 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by CristianTabush (Post 13740616)
if this is something people want available to them, we can again, add it.

I'd like an F1 conversion with all the features the RR12 features. :D

wingracer 12-25-2014 02:36 PM

I'm kinda with you on that but would love to do an exaggerated test to confirm. Imagine two 40 gram weights. Mount one on the extreme right side of the car. Mount the other on the extreme left but on a really tall standoff. Something so high it sticks out of the body. Make sure the car is balanced and tweak free and run it. See if there is any handling difference left to right, then switch sides and repeat.

CristianTabush 12-25-2014 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by wingracer (Post 13740633)
I'm kinda with you on that but would love to do an exaggerated test to confirm. Imagine two 40 gram weights. Mount one on the extreme right side of the car. Mount the other on the extreme left but on a really tall standoff. Something so high it sticks out of the body. Make sure the car is balanced and tweak free and run it. See if there is any handling difference left to right, then switch sides and repeat.

I still don't understand what the point of the experiment would be. You won't ever be running an exaggerated set up if your car is balanced, so all practical applications of it are really not relevant.

RC Buddha, We plan to eventually make an F1 car down the road, as well as a World GT Car.

303slowdown 12-25-2014 05:54 PM

Are the conversions available now or at same time as the kits ?

CristianTabush 12-25-2014 06:06 PM

Same time as kits.

NCOHOG 12-25-2014 07:42 PM

Jorge T

What center shock is that?

Thanks