Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All new Dodge Dart 190mm from PROTOform

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Got mine last week and prepared it for a race on saturday. This was the most enjoyable body preparation I had, since beeing in this hobby! It fits perfect on my TC6.2, even the wheel lines are on spot! I just had to drill the bodymount holes and follow the cutlines... That was it! Never had this experience before. The window masks fit perfect and after colouring it, the stickers do the rest. At first I wanted to give it my Martini style design that I am doing for a year now, but I decided to leave it like it is. The surfaces and character lines do a very good job already.

(crappy cell phone picture)

I love it before ever driving it. Now that the body beats track records in Germany my hopes are up that this will become "the" body for me.

Great work, Protoform!
Old 01-20-2015, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well, since everyone is sharing...

The body really looks fantastic...Seems the performance is pretty good as well.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

Default Protoform Dart

Hi Guys;

I haven't been on RCTech for a few weeks so I was quite pleased to see that the new PF Dart is starting to hit it's target. (sorry guys....couldn't resist that )

It made a few waves at the huge 2015 DHI Cup event in Denmark as well.
http://racepf.com/blog/2015/01/team-...-dart-reviews/

UK's Jimmy Maddison was the first racer (to our knowledge) to use the Dart in winning a large race - at the Essex Winter Series on the weekend. Thanks Jimmy!
https://www.facebook.com/PROTOformRaceBodies

Thanks for all the kind comments you guys have posted. Means a lot to me, Eric and the entire Protoform team.

goneracing: PM sent. I need to address your commments and fix things if necessary.

Dale - Protoform Race Bodies
Old 01-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wtcc
Got mine last week and prepared it for a race on saturday. This was the most enjoyable body preparation I had, since beeing in this hobby! It fits perfect on my TC6.2, even the wheel lines are on spot! I just had to drill the bodymount holes and follow the cutlines... That was it! Never had this experience before. The window masks fit perfect and after colouring it, the stickers do the rest. At first I wanted to give it my Martini style design that I am doing for a year now, but I decided to leave it like it is. The surfaces and character lines do a very good job already.

(crappy cell phone picture)

I love it before ever driving it. Now that the body beats track records in Germany my hopes are up that this will become "the" body for me.

Great work, Protoform!
Looks really nice! How do you paint the black around the windows? It's very precise and no markings in the white
Old 01-20-2015, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Geberit
Looks really nice! How do you paint the black around the windows? It's very precise and no markings in the white
Thanks!
In fact I just cut the given window mask sticker with an exacto knife (here I again just followed the given lines) and press the sticker against the lexan once more. You can rub with the fingernail to make sure you pressed every air out. If the window masks fit as good as here it is easier to prevent unwanted markings
Old 01-20-2015, 12:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks!
In fact I just cut the given window mask sticker with an exacto knife (here I again just followed the given lines) and press the sticker against the lexan once more. You can rub with the fingernail to make sure you pressed every air out. If the window masks fit as good as here it is easier to prevent unwanted markings
If I understand correctly you first apply the white color then the black frame around the windows and last dim them? How comes the black doesn't interfere with the white? This always happens to me
Old 01-20-2015, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Around the window frames I add another layer of white and then aim good with the black, so that as less as possible gets on the white. The dimming colour itself doesn't harm much.
I know it would be more effective to start with the black, but I am much too lazy for all the masking work and don't mind the extra gram of colour. By the way I use the Tamiya lexan colour white. I find it less "transparent" for darker following colours.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S.Stew
Well, since everyone is sharing...

The body really looks fantastic...Seems the performance is pretty good as well.

What wing mounts are those?
Old 01-20-2015, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

soooooo good dude! love the work, Cant wait to get my hands on one or two of these!

PROTOFORM TAKE MY MONEY!
Old 01-22-2015, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KOWALSKITEACH
Also wondering if there is a ROAR approval in the future
I just noticed that our Protoform Dodge Dart #1541 is now on the "ROAR Approved" list.
http://www.roarracing.com/approved_bodies.php

Dale - Protoform
Old 01-22-2015, 08:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by daleepp
I just noticed that our Protoform Dodge Dart #1541 is now on the "ROAR Approved" list.

Dale - Protoform
That's really good to know! And congratulations to you and the company 👍
Old 01-22-2015, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

Originally Posted by daleepp

Dale - Protoform
Congrats!! can't wait to get my hands on this body
Old 02-05-2015, 11:58 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Just finished painting up my first Dart. Will be trying it out this weekend at round 6 of the WCICS series.
Attached Thumbnails All new Dodge Dart 190mm from PROTOform-20150206_015116%7E01.jpg  
Old 02-06-2015, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

DBM, kudos for not giving your car an Easter egg paint job.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairless_ape
DBM, kudos for not giving your car an Easter egg paint job.

Hey DBM, is that sharpie? if so, must have taken hours. Looks cool.

Here's my first Dart, in my standard orange creamsicle paint scheme. I've only run it for one race day so far, but I love it already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.