Community
Wiki Posts
Search

spektrum brca legal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Default spektrum brca legal?

Can anyone tel me wether or not the spektrum system is allowd for brca usein electric touring cars.
i cant see why not but just making sure
Old 09-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

not yet...

this is because the BRCA state no telemetry is to be sent from the car to the transmitter....

but as the spectrum unit uses a tranceiver sending info from it to the transmitter the BRCA haven't allowed it yet...

i think it was mentioned at this years AGM but i don't know whether it will be allowed next year or not but its definatley not allowed this year.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by raving-monkey
not yet...

this is because the BRCA state no telemetry is to be sent from the car to the transmitter....

but as the spectrum unit uses a tranceiver sending info from it to the transmitter the BRCA haven't allowed it yet...

i think it was mentioned at this years AGM but i don't know whether it will be allowed next year or not but its definatley not allowed this year.
thanks,iam not awair of any 'telementry'.
the only thing iam aware of the reciever sending signals back to the transmitter are when you first boot them up,when it looks for a frequancy to lock to.
after that they stay monitering that frequancy independently with no feedback to the transmitter.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

i know..thats why everyone (well quite a few people) are complaining about them not being legal to use.

2.4ghz is a common international frequency with a lot of wireless items such as cordless phones etc so its not as though the BRCA are having a problem accepting it with any particular association...its just the BRCA being fussy.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

It isn't at this time. There have been an assortment of threads on Racechat about it, which i have kind of partially looked at.

If i remember correctly, there is a document that needs to be issued by Ofcom (RA60 i think), this should happen early november.

Sections also have to approave it for use in their section. Without this aproaval, use of it would almost certianly invalidate the insurance. As you would technically be using a frequency that was not specified as being allowed for use.

My personal opinion, and what others have told me, is that there should be no reason for it not to be passed, it's just a question of waiting for the correct procedures to be followed, and these things take time!
Old 09-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

but if it is legal world wide for any device what prob is there with ofcom?
the way i see it,the frquancy is being used in a lot of devices that are prob all around the track.
just because brca doesnt have it in the handbook,doesnt mean its illegal.
i cant see a problem with it,unless of course the unit runs out of the 79 odd available frequencies.
what would happen if you took this device to a brca national and started to use it?what grounds could brca disqualify you on?]
no digging just a bit confused.
thanks
Old 09-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

BRCA have a set of rules that you must obey under all circumstances...

even if you are using an international legal frequency..it isn't in their rule book so you can't use it.

like blue crystal in 27mhz...BRCA say you can't use these as it interfears with taxi CBs etc...but that is only for BRCA events...if it isnt a BRCA event then you CAN use it.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

i will be taking this unit to use in the BRCA national,and unless the brca show me good evidence of it being illegal,disruptive or damaging i will be using it for the remainder of the event.there is NO reason why this unit needs to been sent to brca for confirmation of use in competition.
did we get special permission to use the frequancy noise used by our speedos and motors.?lol
Old 09-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

BRCA have a set of rules that you must obey under all circumstances...

even if you are using an international legal frequency..it isn't in their rule book so you can't use it.

like blue crystal in 27mhz...BRCA say you can't use these as it interfears with taxi CBs etc...but that is only for BRCA events...if it isnt BRCA then you CAN use it.

i can understand this,as its interfering with something outside of which it should,but this DOES NOT.
if it isnt BRCA then you CAN use it.[/QUOTE]

was this supposed to be if it isnt brca legal u cnt use it
Old 09-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

i think you misunderstood..

the reason the BRCA aren't allowing it is because it sends infomation back to the transmitter...which if you look in the handbook, is not allowed.

it is nothing to do with the frequency itsself
Old 09-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trf racer
i can understand this,as its interfering with something outside of which it should,but this DOES NOT.
if it isnt BRCA then you CAN use it.
was this supposed to be if it isnt brca legal u cnt use it[/QUOTE]

nah i meant to put 'if it isnt a BRCA event then you can use it'

i edited it now though
Old 09-18-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

i think you misunderstood..

the reason the BRCA aren't allowing it is because it sends infomation back to the transmitter...which if you look in the handbook, is not allowed.

it is nothing to do with the frequency itsself
i get it now,thanks.
well guess il have to wait till its legal lol,
must attend agm,do you know were its held this year
Old 09-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

i don't have a clue where its held...you'd have to contact a BRCA official.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

i don't have a clue where its held...you'd have to contact a BRCA official.
i think its near birmingham somewere
Old 09-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Right I think everyone is both right and wrong here.

TRF Racer,I have asked the question myself to the BRCA officers and the answer is a definate NO it is NOT allowed, and if you go to the nationals with it you will be disqualified.

Reason is, RC Cars are allowed to use only the specified frequencies : 27MHz and 40MHz, and only between the specified ranges. And although the 2.4GHz range is free of use for leisure, the BRCA Handbook does not allow it. So we have to wait for the AGM and hope that someone will have made a proposal about it (I believe Steve Cann has looked into the matter).

I agree on the point that there is no real reason why it shouldn't be allowed, but I am like you waiting to see what happens and in the meantime I carry on using the stupid crystals.

Raving Monkey : I believe it has nothing to do with it sending informations back to the transmitter, which by the way is hard to believe for me, since none of the devices we are using on the receiver can provide informations to the receiver, so whatever the receiver sends to the transmitter cannot be considered as any kind of telemetry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.