Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Top 5: 10 scale touring kits? >

Top 5: 10 scale touring kits?

Top 5: 10 scale touring kits?

Old 10-19-2014, 03:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cplus
My opinion, and cars that will make it to my own radar for next season......

Yokomo BD7 2015
Tamiya TRF419
Xray T4/15
VBC Wildfire07

And for the 5th, one from left field, just cause it looks different and would be an interesting build

WRC STX or an awesomatix!
To expand on my list above with three descriptors each.

Yokomo BD7 2015
Quickest out the box. Cutting edge of belt drive with some neat little details. Easy to find good set up.

Tamiya TRF419
Fully optioned out the box. Very easy to build (if like a 418). Cheap spares.

Xray T4/15
Most support (drivers and factory) Highest quality of the best drives. Easy to drive.

VBC Wildfire07
Fully optioned and with spares. Different to the norm. Growing popularity.

Awesomatix.
Most innovative. Highest quality of all. Best for spec racing.

WRC
umm, it's different. No one runs it. Most challenge to get going (as no one runs it)

Last edited by cplus; 10-21-2014 at 03:11 AM.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Xray, Tamiya, Schumacher....have raced them all. All are great kits and out of the box will do the job for most drivers with the chance to upgrade as the skill level increases.

My suggestion would be consider the brands the racers are using at the track you race, what brand works well at the tracks you race at (as a yokomo doesn't work as well at my track as schumacher does as it's low traction) and along with local support and your budget that should provide some guidance to the make of car that suits your needs.

Others have suggested brands racers are using, and this can't be discounted as sharing of set-ups and parts when needed can be very handy in a pinch.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:20 AM
Tech Adept

Yokomo BD7 2015
XrayT4-15
Tamiya 419
WRC STX
VBC
Team C
Top racing
3Racing
Associated
Kyosho
Capricorn
Durango
Awesomatix
ARC
Serpent
HoBao
Schumacher
Hot Bodies

There's just so many!!!��

Last edited by JR Race; 10-19-2014 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Oops missed a few
Old 10-19-2014, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

^^lol

You've just listed pretty much everything available!

You missed a few eccentric ones though

Kyosho TF - complete with floating battery
Capricorn TE02 - rocking ball bearing ARBs way before Xray!

And not listing Durango is a bit rough, it was top20 at the worlds wasn't it?

Last edited by cplus; 10-19-2014 at 04:45 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Default Thank you I have made a decision

Thanks for all the great feedback! I've decided to go
with Associated 6.2 due to great support at the
local track.

I appreciate all the awesome knowledge people share
on rctech...I wish everyone great success in there RC
endeavors.

See you at a track soon!
Old 10-20-2014, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Thanks for all the great feedback! I've decided to go
with Associated 6.2 due to great support at the
local track.

I appreciate all the awesome knowledge people share
on rctech...I wish everyone great success in there RC
endeavors.

See you at a track soon!
That is the #1 reason to choose a chassis brand. You will be much happier with a car that you can get help with and have parts support for.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'd go with

Yokomo, Tamiya, X-ray, Awesomatix, and Associated........

These are quality kits with teams that perform at the highest level....
These companies basically put their money where their mouth is!
They believe they have the best race car and put a team out there to prove this point!
Old 10-20-2014, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Yokomo period.
Won the worlds, wins at club races, setups and support everywhere, and all the manufactures copy them.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

They all copy and feed off each other. As far as winning the worlds, its the team with the deepest pockets that year to pay for the best and most drivers/mechanics to enter the race with. Switch the drivers of the top three chassis (with set-up time of course) and they would still be top 3. I think the OP made a good choice. Solid car with great support. Is it the "best" out there, well thats what this thread was about. But it is definately a very good car at a good price. Best of luck and have fun.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

from the last 2 years ive driven and tried,

Yokomo
ARC
HB
AE
VBC
Awesomatix
Tamiya

From all those on my home asphalt track I would rate these in no order

Yokomo
HB
ARC

smooth steering and rear end is planted.. I do drive an HB though, this might be biased. But all three I was able to drive comfortably with the same driving style.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by theproffesor
They all copy and feed off each other. As far as winning the worlds, its the team with the deepest pockets that year to pay for the best and most drivers/mechanics to enter the race with. Switch the drivers of the top three chassis (with set-up time of course) and they would still be top 3. I think the OP made a good choice. Solid car with great support. Is it the "best" out there, well thats what this thread was about. But it is definately a very good car at a good price. Best of luck and have fun.
I would agree with this. I saw Yokomo's at the bottom of the heat sheets as well. They had 30something drivers and all kinds of support at the Worlds, as did Tamiya, Xray, and Associated. There was some excellent driving going on, and not taking anything away from all of the work required to get to that level, both as a driver and with the cars, but I can tell you the things they were doing with those chassis's are things most club racers will never think of.

Winning Worlds is a huge accomplishment, but chassis design is not the primary difference between those who win and those who do not.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:36 AM
Tech Champion

Smile

I can assemble the best team in the world to run a Nikko Rc every year at the Ifmar Worlds, and never win in a million years.... The chassis is extremely important here.... If it was illegal to copy the Yokomo cars or the AE tc4, then there would only be two chassis to choose from....
Old 10-21-2014, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

OK, to clarify for some, assuming you are using a top tier chassis (Yokomo, Xray, AE, Tamiya, Serpent, Awesomatix, ARC, etc).
Old 10-21-2014, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
I can assemble the best team in the world to run a Nikko Rc every year at the Ifmar Worlds, and never win in a million years.... The chassis is extremely important here.... If it was illegal to copy the Yokomo cars or the AE tc4, then there would only be two chassis to choose from....
I think that the first post that bert didnt refer to himself in the third person!. And isnt the tc4 a copy of the tc3?

If your going down the road of Walmart level RC, then yes chassis matters, but your just being argumentative with that. Among the hobby level cars, a 30 deep team with almost unlimited funds, any team would have several in the top 10. New rule for the next worlds. Only 3 chassis from each brand. Lets see what happens then. You would see alot more manufacturers competition going on. Not just drivers.

Look at Hara, different car than last worlds, but still at the top of his game. He won several races with several different kits prior to getting paid more by Yokomo than others would offer.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Smile

Professor, the tc4 is made by AE, just like the tc3, and can't qualify as a copy but rather an evolution of the tc3... Other companies with less success produced either copies of the AE tc3 or copies of the Yokomo, but if you want to stay true to the original Rc chassis designs, you will choose either of those two, eventhough they copied each other over the years....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.