R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Problems with my car (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/83202-problems-my-car.html)

Sushi Man 09-05-2005 11:45 AM

Problems with my car

When every I put my car on the track it seems like it always cant turn the coners. With my other car and same motor in is I do fine.
It seems I crash every single time!. Do i need a better servo? or is the positioning on my servo saver wrong? ITs in the middle right now, I have seen other cars put theirs on the sides more.?

Thank you , Sushi

pheyhoe 09-05-2005 11:49 AM

Sorry..... But i think you need a better translator :( :(

I think you mean something to do with the servo spinning inside the saver???

Or do you mean trim?

Sushi Man 09-05-2005 11:55 AM

LOL its hard to explain. Well see I have my car(Ta04). And I had a 23 turn (from japan). Whenever I corner it works perfectly. On my other car. (evo3) I put the same motor in.And when I corner then accelarate my car cant turn and it over turns. Is the servo to weak, do I need one with more torque? No my servo saver works fine, I was just wondering if it might have been placed in the wrong hole. (tamiya Hi-torqueservo saver) I currently have it in the middle. Need Help

mb racer 09-05-2005 12:05 PM

dont have your car .. But it sounds like your not getting enough steering throw in either direction .. try to set your end points left/right and shorten up your linkage on the steering link .. good luck ..

Korey Harbke 09-05-2005 12:07 PM

When you say it cant turn, do you mean it understeers? Understeer is whent he front end has much less traction and the rear and will make the car hard to turn. On the other hand if your car is loose or oversteers the back end steps out on you and causes you to spin out.

Now you are talking servo speed/torque... What kind of servo do you have in the car? Also make sure nothing is binding in the steering system.

-Korey

RandomFellow 09-05-2005 12:17 PM

Also sounds like he has traction roll problems. Might try checking your ride height, and also adjusting your roll center. In addition, perhaps your ackerman is too aggresive for your driving.

Sushi Man 09-05-2005 12:39 PM

I have a basic servo that comes with combinations with tX, and RX.s its a sanwa (airtronics) Sx_101z. Im not sure if it understeers, but am sure it does not oversteer. Binding in the steering?

What would it have to do about ride height and wats roll center, ackerman?

Korey Harbke 09-05-2005 12:46 PM

I wouldnt worry about it, if your racing anywhere around here you wont be traction rolling lol. You might think about trying another servo???? Maybe the one you have is just goin dead. Binding in the steering is just when it doesnt move freely. It might be making the servo work harder than it has too.

-Korey

thecrow2k 09-05-2005 12:59 PM

Hello friend, i have an evo iii and I think I might know the problem, check your propeller shasft, if where the turnbuckle is over the shaft, there is a large divet in the shaft, the turnbuckle wikll have been rubbing, if this is so, move the turnbuckle to the furthest out hole moving away from the centre of the car. Hope you can solve the problem ;)

Antonio Sabato 09-05-2005 01:06 PM

Is that a cat on your head?

Sushi Man 09-05-2005 01:33 PM

yeah thats my cat lol, no even with the the tumbuckle mounted to the middle hole on the servo saver it still wasnt touching/rubbing my shaft. I am pretty sure too that my servo is bad. I had only used it like 4 times tho???

Myker* 09-05-2005 02:14 PM

post pictures of your car with the servo installed. Pictures would be even better if you had them of servos on full throw on each side. ;)

Sushi Man 09-05-2005 02:21 PM

how to post pics?

How do u post pics? sry im a fourm newb