Like Tree254Likes

Tamiya TRF419

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kurtracing
The limited Edition is only for Japan !

I asked RC Market because I have the same question !

me : what's means "Limited edition" for Tamiya 419
rcmarket : This car kit, Japan TAMIYA only making 1 batch. future not re-production
me : in the box it's the same parts than the kit #42285 ?
rcmarket : for this car kit Parts ("Limited edition"), but no option parts !
You've misintepreted that.

It means like almost all TRF cars Tamiya Japan are only planning on doing 1 run of the 419. Once sold, they are all gone. If you miss out you'll have to wait until they put out an update or the new car.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cplus
Quite a few neat/odd touches.
- missing screws in shock towers as mentioned - but is there a grub screw used as a locating pin? Hard to see clearly, but doesnt look like just a missing screw.
Did wonder if there was a grub screw in there, with a bit of blue sharpie action...

- Hex ball studs with backing lock nuts for the damper mounts - why not just run TRF ball nuts? They are expensive, maybe saving a few bucks
May be better secured, or just something Kono does.

- countersunk screws on the steering. Al to rear, Ti to front. Previous builds of his often used stock steel screws on the bridge (but no where else on the car)
Suspect the counter sunk screws on the cross bridge are to help locate the bearings better, whilst the countersunk washer on top of the cranks... no clue, looks?!

- alloy chassis missing ARS screw holes like the stock carbon one.
ARS, meh.

- no lipo stoppers
This is some weight in front of the battery I think, acting as a stopper.

- has been forced to run his pinion nose in now as well - maybe the muchmore has a short rotor like my X20!
- new style Chubs!
Aren't they just the old style ones?

- neatest body post tops ever. Like they have been spun in a lathe
Kono...
Old 02-09-2015, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Aren't they just the old style ones?
54580 - the ones that came out last year - "new" as in not the old style - ha!
Old 02-09-2015, 04:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Look what the postman dropped off today

I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!

Hopefully have it ready for it's first outing on Friday.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You guys missed that his car is running different rear sway bar system aswell....

old style mounts with a different bar.... maybe yok?
Old 02-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

To be frank, pretty much any car out there is the same as a Yokomo geometry wise. Why? it works.

Chassis wise, bulkheads etc, again yes it's similar but there are some differences (afore mentioned motor mount)... it's the details
+1

I love how some people pop into Tamiya threads and make such posts.

They forget that during the TRF414, TRF415, TRF416 days, Yok and everyone else was copying TRF designs. Now Tamiya needs catch up.

It's called competition. When you're at the top, it's hard to stay there year after year. Often times it takes someone to come from behind and overtake you for you to realise the next step.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gordie88
You guys missed that his car is running different rear sway bar system aswell....

old style mounts with a different bar.... maybe yok?
Saw that. Might be a really old school 415 sway bar. Remember how big they were? And the team used to remove the paint to keep people guessing.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman
+1

They forget that during the TRF414, TRF415, TRF416 days, Yok and everyone else was copying TRF designs. Now Tamiya needs catch up.

It's called competition. When you're at the top, it's hard to stay there year after year. Often times it takes someone to come from behind and overtake you for you to realise the next step.
+1
MR looked mighty fast, TRF may finally have something for Yokomo this ETS season. Can't wait to see what Naoto does with the 419.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Though he doesn't race one currently he use to run tamiya. His website was one of the few that had up to date setup sheets from Marc and Jillies.

Originally Posted by Raman
+1

Old 02-09-2015, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

To be frank, pretty much any car out there is the same as a Yokomo geometry wise. Why? it works.

Chassis wise, bulkheads etc, again yes it's similar but there are some differences (afore mentioned motor mount)... it's the details
There was a article in a UK RC magazine where they were talking to Chris Grainger of Schumacher, about the Mi5. They asked him is it true if you measured out the geometry on the Mi5 was it the same as the Yokomo Bd-7. His answer if you measure up almost all TC cars the geometry went back to the AE TC3. So if the geometry of the TRF 419 is like the Yok so be it. Is the yok geometry like the TC3's....

From the Nov2013 issue of Radio Control Car Racer Mag

Old 02-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patorz31
There was a article in a UK RC magazine where they were talking to Chris Grainger of Schumacher, about the Mi5. They asked him is it true if you measured out the geometry on the Mi5 was it the same as the Yokomo Bd-7. His answer if you measure up almost all TC cars the geometry went back to the AE TC3. So if the geometry of the TRF 419 is like the Yok so be it. Is the yok geometry like the TC3's....
If that were true, the some of the AE guys here wouldn't be trying to copy a BD7

Regardless, Grats to MR33 & TRF, long time coming for that win
Has to feel good
Old 02-09-2015, 04:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by patorz31

From the Nov2013 issue of Radio Control Car Racer Mag

It's certainly very close between the cars now. The bd7 is pretty much the benchmark, and everyone else is close to it.
Some cars do do things a little diff (xray rear arms for example), and usually bulkhead positions are different too... But a lot of things like hinge pin widths, atm lengths etc are surprisingly similar... Most of that I figured out when making models up for RC crew chief!
Old 02-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

^ So no more Schumacher Ed?
Old 02-09-2015, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Gtr r34 m-spec
^ So no more Schumacher Ed?
Nope...
Old 02-09-2015, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Nope...
Yeah, me too! Time for a change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.