Old 11-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S.Stew
Thanks!
Old 11-04-2014, 04:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This was my first Halloween classic and I will be coming back again. The cleveland crew ran a great race. Lots of great racing from everybody.

Thanks Again Chris Corven
Old 11-04-2014, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

so glad I could make my second time there and looking foward to my third trip there.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I would like to make a comment and flame away.

Doesn't it hurt the RC sport when you have guys running Mod and doing quite well by the way yet they also run 17.5 blinky? Why would an amateur weekend warrior want to come to an event to run against guys that are competing at a very high level in mod yet also they get to run in 17.5 and you would have to compete with them. Makes zero sense.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

There were very few "weekend" warriors at a major regional race. Plus there were many national levels drivers there. If anything it makes people want to become better racers. Look what they can achieve you can as well!
Old 11-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Got it. So if I only run TC i can't go to a big Regional race until I am good enough to not be in the way or a speed bump for a top level mod driver that is also running in 17.5 blinky. I shall continue to practice and race my local club races once a week until I am able. I will strive to eventually be able to travel to one of these some day. End sarcasm font.

Doesn't seem all that great for the sport. Would think those folks shouldn't be aloud to run in those classes to just clean up. 1,000 props to Herbert for not doing this. I am sure he could win every one of those classes with that logic.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Got it. So if I only run TC i can't go to a big Regional race until I am good enough to not be in the way or a speed bump for a top level mod driver that is also running in 17.5 blinky. I shall continue to practice and race my local club races once a week until I am able. I will strive to eventually be able to travel to one of these some day. End sarcasm font.

Doesn't seem all that great for the sport. Would think those folks shouldn't be aloud to run in those classes to just clean up. 1,000 props to Herbert for not doing this. I am sure he could win every one of those classes with that logic.
Who exactly are you talking about?

The way I see it is there were some very fast Stock Drivers dabbling in Mod, not the other way round.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Doesn't it hurt the RC sport when you have guys running Mod and doing quite well by the way yet they also run 17.5 blinky? Why would an amateur weekend warrior want to come to an event to run against guys that are competing at a very high level in mod yet also they get to run in 17.5 and you would have to compete with them. Makes zero sense.
Makes zero sense to me why a person in a competition wouldn't want to race against the best possible. 17.5 blinky does not equal beginner or weekend warrior and this wasn't some club race.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by S.Stew
Who exactly are you talking about?

The way I see it is there were some very fast Stock Drivers dabbling in Mod, not the other way round.
Got it. Great runs then making the Amain in Mod.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

As a less than serious weekend warrior I didn't really see this as an issue. I really enjoy running in Regional or National level events even if I know the only way I'm making the A-Main is if everyone else gets sick. I see Mod and 17.5 as different types of racing, not really one as a feeder for the other. It's a little like saying because I run 17.5 I can't run USGT or VTA because they are slower.
I have no problem if someone wants to race both. After the first re-sort I'm matched up with people my own speed within each class anyways. Even better is the way Scotty does it at IIC where the practice times seed the initial qualifiers so even the first qualifier everyone is pretty matched up.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

What was the tire sauce used for this race?
Old 11-04-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SLOW 77
What was the tire sauce used for this race?
SXT handout
Old 11-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Im also curious who exactly you were referring to. Of the few guys running both stock and mod, none of them I would consider a top level mod driver. No one that has won major races in mod was running stock.

As Mr Stewart pointed out, it was some fast stock guys running mod. As a chance for them to get to run with the likes of Herbert, Cyrul, and Hardman. And trying our best not to get in there way. Thats how we get faster, how we become better drivers and evolve in the sport. Did Klingforth, Woods and Hanulec show up as a "elite mod driver" that wanted to "pick on the stock guys". No, they didnt. They are super fast stock guys that want to better their skills, and running a 5 turn indoors will do that. The fact all had some decent success doesnt mean they are too good to all of a sudden run stock. I would think any stock driver that is serious about getting better would want to race the current stock ROAR national champion and IIC winner. Not flame him and want to disclude him so they can finish one spot higher.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If you aren't the same speed as the high-level guys, you wind up in a lower main and don't have to compete with them anymore. The problem solves itself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.