Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advance R/C Car R10 2015

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Awesome day with my arc black. I run 21.5 scale spec. this was our last series race of 5 races today. i have only ran the car 2 races before today. made a couple roll center changes to the rear and made the car so much better. ended up with the TQ (qual points) and over all TQ by time. the race organizers give away nice shot glasses with that series race etched on the glass. i have missed the previous races by just that much. lol. but today was different. The car was on rails. I ended up with my first shot glass (WIN!) and the series championship win! great day for the arc cars! we are starting to see more of them lately. great car and works very well. if anybody want to see my setup ill post it up upon request.
Attached Thumbnails Advance R/C Car R10 2015-20140906_173226-800x565-.jpg  

Last edited by dragonracing; 09-06-2014 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

I would have to say i was more happy about earning that shot glass more than anything else. it eluded me all season long
Old 09-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
I would have to say i was more happy about earning that shot glass more than anything else. it eluded me all season long
Grats on your win Nothing beats earning something after working hard for it.
Please post your setup on the FB page and/or petit RC.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Awesome day with my arc black. I run 21.5 scale spec. this was our last series race of 5 races today. i have only ran the car 2 races before today. made a couple roll center changes to the rear and made the car so much better. ended up with the TQ (qual points) and over all TQ by time. the race organizers give away nice shot glasses with that series race etched on the glass. i have missed the previous races by just that much. lol. but today was different. The car was on rails. I ended up with my first shot glass (WIN!) and the series championship win! great day for the arc cars! we are starting to see more of them lately. great car and works very well. if anybody want to see my setup ill post it up upon request.
Congrats! My series plaque will be posted when I get it as well.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yes great job Doug! Your car was one if not the best looking 21.5 Scale Spec cars I've seen yet on the asphalt this summer!

Yesterday we also had great showings in the 17.5 class. Past ROAR National champion Ritchie Reynolds was blistering fast in 17.5. Due to some racing incidents in the main he had to retire early. Mike Boyle a new racer that started racing this past winter was also laying it down in the A main.

All in all a great showing for ARC this weekend in the Pacific NW! Great job guys!
Old 09-07-2014, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

http://youtu.be/paERBN9nfUM?t=12s

Great weekend of racing. Qualified 3rd in mod behind Paul Lemieux and Mike Gee. Finished in the same order. I should have put fresh tires on for the main but I don't think the results would have changed any. I was very happy with the car and even happier with the compliments that I got from Paul after the race. There are a lot of fingerprints on my car now. haha. Very impressed.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Little tip that I do to the bottom screw on the steering knuckle. Get a 3x10mm (stock is 3x8) and grind it down 1mm so it can grab as much material. This is a disorder I developed from previous cars I know the arc is known to be a tough car, but just for peace of mind
Attached Thumbnails Advance R/C Car R10 2015-2014-09-07-10.51.26.jpg  
Old 09-07-2014, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kody
Yes great job Doug! Your car was one if not the best looking 21.5 Scale Spec cars I've seen yet on the asphalt this summer!

Yesterday we also had great showings in the 17.5 class. Past ROAR National champion Ritchie Reynolds was blistering fast in 17.5. Due to some racing incidents in the main he had to retire early. Mike Boyle a new racer that started racing this past winter was also laying it down in the A main.

All in all a great showing for ARC this weekend in the Pacific NW! Great job guys!
Thaks Kody. That means alot to me. My arc felt really good. So much so that i could just drive it with the confidence that it would do exactly what i wanted it to do. it did feel a little slow in the right left right transition in the chicane and i think i could solve that with a little heavier oil in the shocks. other than that i cannot complain about the car at all. its tough as nails and fast fast fast!
Old 09-07-2014, 07:47 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
http://youtu.be/paERBN9nfUM?t=12s

Great weekend of racing. Qualified 3rd in mod behind Paul Lemieux and Mike Gee. Finished in the same order. I should have put fresh tires on for the main but I don't think the results would have changed any. I was very happy with the car and even happier with the compliments that I got from Paul after the race. There are a lot of fingerprints on my car now. haha. Very impressed.
what it Paul cutting corner and every body else it try not to?
Old 09-07-2014, 07:56 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Good Job Doug
Glad you finally got the new TC working very well for you..
Old 09-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks franko. i think it just might be faster than my A car was....
Old 09-07-2014, 08:52 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Thanks franko. i think it just might be faster than my A car was....
That's a good thing
Old 09-08-2014, 02:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
what it Paul cutting corner and every body else it try not to?
We used to have dots on all the corners so we developed a natural racing line. It's hard to convince yourself to cut a corner where a dot used to be. Mind games. Haha. Paul is a machine.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
We used to have dots on all the corners so we developed a natural racing line. It's hard to convince yourself to cut a corner where a dot used to be. Mind games. Haha. Paul is a machine.
We have discussed painting part of that section black
Old 09-10-2014, 05:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Picking up my black edition tomorrow. Can't wait to have a quality belt car again

Simon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.