Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2014 U.S. VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A. >

2014 U.S. VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 U.S. VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 06:50 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Many thanks to Dirla, Myron, and all the R/C Thunder crew. I'd also like to say thanks to Snoopy for all the effort with the endless pics and videos.....and the good conversations as well.

A big thank you to all the sponsors! How times can you say you've attended a major race where everyone wins something?!

Also, thanks to EA for all the needed parts, especially for letting me borrow a diff out of your personal parts stash! Thanks man!!

Lastly, congratulations to Corey Parsons on his win. You made it look easy - great job!!

This was my 3rd year in a row and I will be back next year for sure.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by starrx
what do you have them under??...i just see the pics from last year 2013
I will get them up soon as I can to Dirla and then he will post them. Lots of people took great pictures this weekend, but I am just talking about my camera.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

https://plus.google.com/u/0/110031093043388815405/posts
Old 09-22-2014, 08:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default People First

Extraordinary Event! Deep field of high level competition. Thanks for hosting.

PS Met my new best friend in Nashville, Myron's daughter wrenching on my VTA and sharing her dad's VTA secrets with me, got me from last B Main qualifier to fourth place finish, thanks Mia!
Attached Thumbnails 2014 U.S. VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-img952578.jpg  
Old 09-23-2014, 09:40 AM
Tech Champion

I can see why this event sells out so quickly - it was an incredible time. Myron, Dirla, and the rest of the crew at Thunder did an outstanding job getting everything together and giving guys plenty of on-track time for racing...

this was my first trip down for the race (13.5 hours is a LONG roadtrip) and will need to figure out a way to come down again and maybe this next trip, we'll be able to see more of what Nashville has to offer during the daylight hours

I cannot get over how close USGT was - there was only 3 laps between the TQ and 9th in the "C" main, where I qualified. I don't think I've ever been at a race with picking up 1 lap only would move you 1 position up in the qualifying positions - things were just that close. and I gladly took my 9th in the "C" qualifying position since everything was so damn close. close racing beats out blow-out racing any day in my books

only thing i'd like to see improved for next year - move it closer to PA

thanks for the great weekend

kevin bojarski
Old 09-23-2014, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by snoopyrc; 09-23-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
stop tripping....its not that bad...seriously...plenty of after hour places to eat...
I was just kidding. Besides if you don't hear the ricochet then they arent shooting at you anyway.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
Old 09-23-2014, 04:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Snoopy, Thanks for shooting the videos.

chuck
Old 09-23-2014, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mackin
Snoopy, Thanks for shooting the videos.

chuck
You are very welcome. I would have more of them linked here but I have been sick as a dog. They are all up on my youtube channel except for the Jr. VTA and I think I missed a 1/12 th race.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
Old 09-23-2014, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
Old 09-23-2014, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
Old 09-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Tech Champion

Default Formula Uuun and GTP 12

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
Old 09-23-2014, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
You are very welcome. I would have more of them linked here but I have been sick as a dog.
Thanks for all your hard work snoopy! Hope you get to felling better.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The two sides of rc....on one hand you have drivers that drive insanely well. In the A main theses guys absolutely put on a clinic! Yet, they don't stick around for their trophy. Then, on the other side you have
Hollis Hopper. He was 5th in jrvta and was so proud of his accomplishments that he carried his trophy to school to show his classmates and his teacher. Thanks to Myron, Dirla, and all the racers that went out of their way to make this race special for my kid!
Old 09-24-2014, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Big thanks to Myron, Robert, Tim, Brad, Eric, and the entire Thunder crew for a great week of racing!

Sign me up for next year, as this is a can't miss event. It was good to see old freinds and meet new ones. Now I need to practice and not take off for 2 years.

Thanks to Kent for driving up to take pictures and videos!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.