190mm to 200mm

Old 08-25-2005, 12:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 190mm to 200mm

Ok this is the third or fourth board i've asked this but here goes.

I have a Schumacher Mission Carbon and I wanna try and convert it to 200mm to run a certain body. I have heard that spacers can work, but are they destructive to the hex's in the rims or anything like that?

Any help would be appreciated
Old 08-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

why do you want to run 200mm, that is for nitro. Where would you put the spacers? You need the contact between the hex and the rim to be 100%. Besides, that would throw the handling of your car way off. Surely the body you want to run is available in 190mm.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Adept

There's no way of doing it easily. With spacers you can add maybe 2 or 3 mm per side, but I doubt you could use 5mm spacers. You'll just run out of threads for the wheel nut.
The only sensible option would be to use 2mm offset wheels + spacers, that would get you close.
Beware, this can really screw up the handling because of the extra leverage in the steering. It's much smarter just to run another body...